Joyrex

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Found a Genesis in the trash last month and I've been playing so much Streets Of Rage 2.

• Like 4

Should I sell my dreamcast? I bought it second hand and I have never had much desire to play it. Got two controllers, memory cards and I've burnt tons of games. Can i get good money or should i hold onto it?

On 10/20/2019 at 9:44 PM, oscillik said:

Oh I agree — I refuse to deal with Epic Games Store. My comment was more aimed at the conversation of why would someone pay for a game when they can get it inclusive as part of a subscription.

I just thought it was odd that you could play new games like The Outer Worlds for such a low price point. 
Guess it's a way to get people to subscribe. The monthly subscription will sure become mor pricey in the future. 

I buy most of my games on Steam, and older games on GOG, but in recent months I got myself more and more games on the Epic game store. 
The Epic store/platform/launcher sure can use a lot more improvement. Not fond of the exclusivity-deals either. 
However I do like the choice devs/publishers now have on which store/platform/launcher they wish to release. (usually the one that can persuade them with the best deal). 
Might even have Steam lower their 30% cuts. 
In the end Epic is just another extra store/platform/launcher. (but one that needs some serious improvement and needs to stop the exclusivity-deals)

Edited by MaartenVC

2 hours ago, yekker said:

Should I sell my dreamcast? I bought it second hand and I have never had much desire to play it. Got two controllers, memory cards and I've burnt tons of games. Can i get good money or should i hold onto it?

indiana jones That belongs in a museum GIF

• Haha 2

Been playing the Ghostbusters game remaster, never really played the original on the PS3 but enjoying this one, playing on casual mode so I can just relax have some fun and enjoy the banter between the guys, which is great because they got the original actors to do the voiceovers. Fun, spooky shenanigans fitting for the season.

Although drinking and toking are probably at odds with the point of Ring Fit Adventure, they make it much more fun.  good party game.

20 hours ago, yekker said:

Unless you're wanting to declutter, I'd say just hang onto it as Dreamcasts are pretty cheap - you're not going to get much for it anyways.

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Unless you're wanting to declutter, I'd say just hang onto it as Dreamcasts are pretty cheap - you're not going to get much for it anyways.

Ok, I'll keep it in my closet. Outta sight outta mind. 👌

Outer Worlds is supposedly amazing. I need more hours in my days.

By the way, this showed up as an ad on a website...  Look at that baby! Look at the red-headed mom! Hahahaha!Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 21.19.40.png

supa noice..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Squee said:

Outer Worlds is supposedly amazing. I need more hours in my days.

By the way, this showed up as an ad on a website...  Look at that baby! Look at the red-headed mom! Hahahaha!Screenshot 2019-10-20 at 21.19.40.png

Second Life is still a thing?

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Apparently so. They still have around 800,000 active users

2 minutes ago, Squee said:

Apparently so. They still have around 800,000 active users

It's like the MySpace of VR!

I missed some work earlier this week, but when I got in today there was an Ecco the Dolphin cart waiting for me...

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

I used to play SL a lot.  I remember a friend & I were randomly exploring and started overhearing a conversation happening nearby between a doctor & expected mother/father(local voice chat).  It was an actual doctor appointment, and they were all role-playing magnificently.  Shit like that is the goods.

Edited by cloud capture
insufficient quote game - I give up
  • Like 1

Oooo.... it included THE CODEZ

jU7bBCC.jpg

8 hours ago, Joyrex said:

It's like the MySpace of VR!

Back when Second Life first started to be a thing I installed it and logged on and spawned next to someone with a furry avatar in bondage gear who tried to sell me virtual leather boots and then I logged out a couple minutes later. I feel like I pretty much got the complete Second Life experience right there.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, TubularCorporation said:

Back when Second Life first started to be a thing I installed it and logged on and spawned next to someone with a furry avatar in bondage gear who tried to sell me virtual leather boots and then I logged out a couple minutes later. I feel like I pretty much got the complete Second Life experience right there.

Time to post this again then.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Haha Bethesda (Fallout 76).

Haha Google Stadia (again, because of Nintendo-style artificial scarcity of hardware, for the reason of staggering the load on servers)

Yeah Bethz are offering a 100 USD annual subscription for their still half-baked, jank-ass, microtransaction-ridden FO76, which has been out for nearly a year. What a joke.

1 hour ago, ambergonk said:

Yeah Bethz are offering a 100 USD annual subscription for their still half-baked, jank-ass, microtransaction-ridden FO76, which has been out for nearly a year. What a joke.

100 bucks a year to play a game!?!?

Uh, yeah, FUCK THAT

• Like 1

Return of the Obra Dinn is fucking amazing.

• Like 1

Anyone buying Pokémon Sword/Shield?  I was hesitant at first with the whole "no National Dex" fiasco, but with all of the new features announced, and a lot of the Gen 1 Pokes actually confirmed to be returning by Serebii, I'd say it's shaping up to be ok, not stellar but better than the crap they released last year.  Will be looking to trade/ raid battle / wild area with any watmmers.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

5 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anyone buying Pokémon Sword/Shield?  I was hesitant at first with the whole "no National Dex" fiasco, but with all of the new features announced, and a lot of the Gen 1 Pokes actually confirmed to be returning by Serebii, I'd say it's shaping up to be ok, not stellar but better than the crap they released last year.  Will be looking to trade/ raid battle / wild area with any watmmers.

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/galarpokedex.shtml

I'm planning on getting both digitally... it's probably going to be my son and daughter playing though with me watching and providing witty commentary.

• Like 1