IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Diablo IV gameplay trailer:

Atmosphere looks good, more like Diablo II. 
Maybe they'll also borrow some ideas from Path of Exile

Seems like you'll be able to play this co-op. Would be nice if you could play this split-screen / shared screen on 1 pc. 

Anyway, it's gonna be loooong time before it's actually released. 

preordered Death Stranding for the useless gold extras. looks like The Turin Horse in video game form, quite divisive reviews wise. pretty keen to dive in come 5 days. I really enjoyed MGSV gameplay so i'll probably dig it.

Besides incorporating Exp. Share and Autosaves into Pokémon SwSh, they took a cue for the Pokémon Let's Go games, and finally allow access to your boxes from the field, eliminating the need to constantly find a Pokémon Center to switch out your party:

Started playing GRIS on the Switch because I had a long flight. Pretty cool so far. 

also hooked up the Dualshock to my laptop to play Ori and the Blind Forest. I am so bad at platformers. I die a lot, and may give up.

18 hours ago, dr lopez said:

so is anyone playing death stranding

I am - interesting so far (story-wise), and definitely beautiful (playing in 4K/HDR). The deliveries are getting a tad tedious (just walked 4000 KM!) though and I hope they become more interesting/varied (and related to the story more).

The blatant Monster Energy Drink product placement is a LOL - I chuckle every time Norman Reedus makes some comment about "I need some water" and all he's carrying is a flask of Monster with him...

12 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

yeah.. gonna have to settle for my trusty 2013 PS4 for this.. not gonna upgrade to a pro a year out from the ps5. i hope running it isn't a huge slog. saint denis was really slow

If this is a concern to you, I suggest you watch some videos of the game - when you are carrying your load capacity (ooh-er), it can be tiring just to move your character over the terrain. That being said, it's the most realistic walking/delivery simulator we've gotten yet! :dadjoke:

And while you won't get 4K presentation, you can still take advantage of HDR (if you have a TV/monitor to support it)

27 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

The blatant Monster Energy Drink product placement is a LOL - I chuckle every time Norman Reedus makes some comment about "I need some water" and all he's carrying is a flask of Monster with him...

I saw a screenshot of a fuck ton of cans of green Monster on a table, and I thought it was a goof.

I guess Kojima fans will suck down anything huh?

4 minutes ago, oscillik said:

I saw a screenshot of a fuck ton of cans of green Monster on a table, and I thought it was a goof.

I guess Kojima fans will suck down anything huh?

Yeah, that's in Sam's (the character you play voiced and acted by Norman Reedus) private room you can access at any waystation. The drinking animation is a LOL as well.

Drinking does have an effect - you can drink up to three (!) of them to boost your stamina gauge up by 25%...

13 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Yeah, that's in Sam's (the character you play voiced and acted by Norman Reedus) private room you can access at any waystation. The drinking animation is a LOL as well.

Drinking does have an effect - you can drink up to three (!) of them to boost your stamina gauge up by 25%...

lol

7 hours ago, Joyrex said:

The deliveries are getting a tad tedious

Isn't that all the game is ? (aside from playing shakey shake with the baby like you're making some mad cocktail)

15 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Isn't that all the game is ? (aside from playing shakey shake with the baby like you're making some mad cocktail)

I've tried to avoid spoilers about specific details of the game, but I'm getting the impression the vast majority of the game is deliveries and connecting disparate cities to the "chiral network" to restore America. I'm guessing experiencing the story is more why people would play this game than the tasks at hand.

Then again, if you think about it, all games are like this, really - you typically do something over and over to reach a goal. I will say though, it's more fun killing baddies or racing to a checkpoint than carrying a laughably large stack of boxes on your back (right now Sam's load capacity (har har) is 130kg - that's close to 300 lbs! I don't think anybody, let alone Norman Reedus could carry that much on their backs across this terrain easily, Monster drinks or not.

11 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

(right now Sam's load capacity (har har) is 130kg - that's close to 300 lbs! I don't think anybody, let alone Norman Reedus could carry that much on their backs across this terrain easily, Monster drinks or not.

i for one am looking forward to the inevitable video where someone actually tries trekking through the mountains with a precariously tall stack of cargo

23 hours ago, dr lopez said:

so are you suggesting i buy a pro just for this game

According to the digital foundry analysis the game looks and runs great on the PS4. Upgrading to pro now is just dumb, buy it now play it on PS4, then you can replay it on your PS5 in a year if you really love it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

right now Sam's load capacity (har har) is 130kg - that's close to 300 lbs! I don't think anybody, let alone Norman Reedus could carry that much on their backs across this terrain easily, Monster drinks or not.

https://twitter.com/Braith_Miller/status/1193363820036538368

40 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

FUCKING LOL!

52 minutes ago, Gocab said:

According to the digital foundry analysis the game looks and runs great on the PS4. Upgrading to pro now is just dumb, buy it now play it on PS4, then you can replay it on your PS5 in a year if you really love it.

Yeah, I'm playing it on PS4 Pro, and the game is stunning visually in 4K/HDR - I can't imagine how much better it will look on PS5 (probably smoother framerate).

As much as I seem to piss on this game, the visual spectacle is worth it - and the story, while typical Kojima weirdness, it intriguing so far.

Audio-wise the game is interesting too - very good use of ambient sounds and effects.

^yes!

Spoiler

you have to incinerate the president who is also your mother. where do i know this from

i bet kojima was trying to think of dynamics not involving guns and that's how he arrived at the BTs. it reminds me of sneaking by guards but no gun fights. 

he said somewhere he doesn't know what kind of game this is, he moved forward without really knowing what he was doing. that helps me understand it.

really digging the sci fi setting and story. it's like a good sci fi series that you play sometimes. 

Edited by very honest

Good news for Pokémon fans; Sprite data dump shows a lot more unannounced Pokes in SwSh, especially Gen 1.  Bad news; if you redeemed your Pokeball Plus Mew from last year, you can't bring him over to SwSh, you have to buy ANOTHER $50 useless plastic ball.  *cough return fraud*