IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

LOL.. too funny about keyosc!! Incredible :emotawesomepm9:

As for the impending leak... I also say I'm going to wait for the physical release, but it never happens with autechre. I think I listened to oversteps the same night it leaked :sad: And really, why wait? If it's a high-quality leak, I'd rather just give it a listen when I decide it's the perfect time than to wait and wait and wait. Also, it's way more fun to read all the reactions when I've also heard it for myself.

Bring it on! :music:

I heard keyosc is just Sean and Rob reciting selected posts from the Oversteps thread run through a ring modulator. With some pitched down samples of bells, woodblocks, and dogs barking, just like really sloppy but in a fun kind of way. Absolutely mental.

Edited by six

Very cheap way of going for WATMM's award for album of the century. I hope they realize they have to do more if they want to beat BOC's unreleased black square album. I'm thinking about artwork here, but I'm open to better suggestions.

The 'chre have us in the palm of their generative patch. Many could be spirited away by a pastoral noodle from BOC but when you wake up on an unknown Scottish hillside with a 666 kaleidoscope, who can recharge the battery in your mechanical heart? As I type this, I'm thinking of Mary Wells' hit "My Guy" so I think I'll mod it a bit as an ode to my exaitement

"Nothing you could play

can tear me away

from my 'chre

Not even "Didgeridoo"

'Cause I'm stuck like dBlue to my 'chre

Nothing Burial could do

to make me "Untrue" to my 'chre

Nothing you could leak

could make me sneak a peek from my 'chre"

etc.

This is up there with the Augmatic Disport lyrics.

I heard keyosc is just Sean and Rob reciting selected posts from the Oversteps thread run through a ring modulator. With some pitched down samples of bells, woodblocks, and dogs barking, just like really sloppy but in a fun kind of way. Absolutely mental.

One can hear all of the Alcofribas Oversteps review read by Sean in deadpan through a ring modulator in this track. "Dude, is this Bike? The final track is the entire album played again backwards."

I had a dream last night that the new autechre album was actually a blue grass album recorded in a barn, except instead of a bassline or percussion the two autechre guys were standing next to the banjo player constantly revving chainsaws for two hours. They were both swinging the chainsaws around in a showmanistic fashion with this look on their face like, "oh man this is lush"

this is weird because i'm pretty sure i've never actually heard any autechre records

I also had a dream about hearing the album last night (honestly! ), I thought I'd preview the tracks on Bleep before making the purchase and found out that every track was basically exactly the same but with various combinations of instruments were muted on each track. The last track was all the instruments unmuted and it sounded like some backing track to an R&B song, WATMM loved the concept and I refused to buy it.

18 (keyosc) *Bonus Track for Japan

http://shop.beatink.com/shopdetail/012019000015/

Sound design supreme particles countless number of fast music floating in the ocean of the Internet in an instant flurry of hazy. Beautiful soundscape forget about us I suddenly stood up and cut up beats, hardcore mad urge to dance among them and lead to a different dimension and perspective flew ぶっ distort space-time, those who listen.

Beautiful.

That web page also shows a release date of 27th February

Guest pixelives
I had a dream last night that the new autechre album was actually a blue grass album recorded in a barn, except instead of a bassline or percussion the two autechre guys were standing next to the banjo player constantly revving chainsaws for two hours. They were both swinging the chainsaws around in a showmanistic fashion with this look on their face like, "oh man this is lush"

this is weird because i'm pretty sure i've never actually heard any autechre records

THIS IS LUSHCOAeR

18 (keyosc) *Bonus Track for Japan

http://shop.beatink.com/shopdetail/012019000015/

Sound design supreme particles countless number of fast music floating in the ocean of the Internet in an instant flurry of hazy. Beautiful soundscape forget about us I suddenly stood up and cut up beats, hardcore mad urge to dance among them and lead to a different dimension and perspective flew ぶっ distort space-time, those who listen.

Beautiful.

if you separate the ぶっ characters in google translate, you get 'Rather hump'

Guest nowyouknow
Autechre track titles progression

Cavity Job (1991)

Basscadet (1993)

Djarum (1994)

Second Bad Vilbel (1995)

Cichli (1997)

Melve (1998)

Liccflii (1999)

Sim Gishel (2001)

P.:NTIL (2003)

LCC (2005)

90101-5l-l (2008)

O=0 (2010)

6852 (2011)

1 1 is (2013)

0.1*ck -:p^)¨¨ (201?)

amusing. they could do like gas, no title tracks.. it's a bit useless

Edited by nowyouknow

The more I look at the track list, the more I think it's not really that much.

And I've been thinking about the track titles of Exai and former albums, at first they were actual words and sometimes an abbreviation or something, but now it's mostly codes and abbreviations than actual words.

A part of me likes that, but another part of me doesn't, I like to just pronounce a track like it's an actual word, but with Quaristice, Oversteps and Exai it's just harder to do so.

Guest disoriental express

My first inclination is that this isn't real:

sounds live and too standard to me. like someone fucking around with their own rendition of the live autechre sound.

anyone else?

Edited by disoriental express

Pretty sure that's just a cut from a Quaristice tour show or something, it's very familiar. I can hear the crowd in it. However, if they made a track with the concept I would certainly be happy!

yeah, that's from the quaristice tour.

what kind of idiot would try to pass off a bootleg recording with crowd noise in it as a track off the new album? :cerious:

Edited by digit