Edge of Tomorrow

Almost turned this off but skipped ahead 20 minutes and ended up getting into it. Tom Cruise getting shot the face innit.

Two Days One Night

Unbelievably dull. It definitely exposed a pointless, bland and selfish existence. It was sad to see her just accept the votes against her.. but that made me feel for her less because yeah, she might have done the same..

So even though at the end she's all like "woo! we put up a good fight tho!",they actually hadn't at all,because she knew it would be hypocritical. She doesn't take the job offer but the guy who would have probably lost his job actually voted against her...so that was frustratingly selfless. The suicide attempt almost had some impact just because a mother and wife committing suicide in a situation that's really not all that bad and just caused by selfishness of a few people, does actually happen... but there was barely any emotional reaction. You'd expect the husband to be emotionally distraught and asking why the fuck she did that...they didn't talk about it, her colleague said she was leaving her husband, they said she could stay the night and then they rocked out to some rock music...it didn't feel at all believable

If this film set out to show how emotionless and cowardly people can get when everything in their life is moderate and pretty easy,then it does that.

the act of killing

holy fucking shit.

I tried watching this with housemates while back and we were just sitting in awkward silence for ~30 minutes or so before others starting saying they wanted to turn it off.

Need to try it again because I was pretty captivated tbh. but it was such a disturbing watch that it's hard to go back and watch it again...

The first time I watched it I turned it off after 30 minutes as well. I was quite intrigued by the completely insane characters, though. Like I said in an earlier post, no one can write that great or original characters.

I sort of disagree. On several occasions I felt that they were hamming it up/influenced by fiction and some definite lies in there. People who will do anything for money or notoriety will always come out with some bullshit (obviously not saying it's all bullshit though).

Edited by tauboo

Satantango, in cinema. With 2 breaks. Haven't seen it before, it's magnificent. Loved everything about the whole thing, mr. Tarr himself was there for Q&A afterwards, he's incredible.

Terminator Salvation is so fucking bad. I'm 20 mins into it and I know this already. and it hurts. I knew there was a reason I never got round to seeing this until now, I was putting off the hurt. T2 was my favourite movie growing up and is still the best action-scifi flick of all time imo.

Terminator Salvation is so fucking bad. I'm 20 mins into it and I know this already. and it hurts. I knew there was a reason I never got round to seeing this until now, I was putting off the hurt. T2 was my favourite movie growing up and is still the best action-scifi flick of all time imo.

I love it when that guy tries to climb the fence and a Terminator blasts his back with a minigun and the guy just kinda falls asleep on the fence. Least action packed minigun scene ever.

lol. an complete disgrace to miniguns.

also:

- Terminators are apparently programmed to soften their targets up first by throwing/slapping them about a bit

- nobody heard or felt that big scary kidnapping machine come up on those people until it busted a hand through the roof and grabbed one of them

- it's enough to just play some music on a boombox in the middle of nowhere to get noticed by Skynet, however one can still infiltrate their headquarters and make it all the way inside their facilities without being apprehended. not that anyone ever thought to do this before though.

nobody heard or felt that big scary kidnapping machine come up on those people until it busted a hand through the roof and grabbed one of them

Also, if that thing existed then why the fuck didn't they just send one of those back in time and kill Sarah Connor?

Guest trananhhung

Just saw Hunger. I highly respected Mcqueen because of shame and 12 years but with this I name this guy one modern cinema's finest. This film is a masterpiece. And that 15 minutes no cut dialog in the middle? Bloody hell. Such virtuosity from everyone involved.

nobody heard or felt that big scary kidnapping machine come up on those people until it busted a hand through the roof and grabbed one of them

Also, if that thing existed then why the fuck didn't they just send one of those back in time and kill Sarah Connor?

Pssh, your Terminator lore is lacking. Only living tissue can travel through time, even the T-1000 which is liquid metal because ~reasons~

Pssh, your Terminator lore is lacking. Only living tissue can travel through time, even the T-1000 which is liquid metal because ~reasons~

Oh shit, you're right

Guest transmisiones ferox

Boyhood,

that weird feeling from the films I had not experience very long time, like you feel, that you are in this moment now! like the last line in the film, it's almost disturbing. It's amazing how he able to make this in american family drama. I enjoyed his films before, like, his dialogues always don't go anywhere, but you feel like you a part of it.

Edited by arvy Ictal

as above, so below

another found footage film, only 6.2/10 on imdb but i really liked it. though i have a weakness for films that revolves around the christian interpretation of hell. not scary at all, but sort of bizarre / surreal.

the title is taken from a principle in hermeticism, a branch of esoteric knowledge.

gonna watch that. really curious by the title

linklater does interesting stuff, looking forward to seeing boyhood.

yeah, you basically waiting for something to happen all film, but nothing actually happen.. that ominous feeling of waiting, and life just passes by..

"You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment? I don't know, I'm kind of thinking it's the other way around, you know, like the moment seizes us."

Edited by arvy Ictal

Nightcrawler. Very disappointed with this movie, although Jake's performance was stellar it isn't enough to carry an otherwise uninspired and uneventful film. Also, the music took me out of the movie literally every time it came on, especially, at the end. It almost felt like those videos that replace original movie score with something completely different to fuck with the tone.

That being said, it would have been a much more interesting movie if it had less music and maybe something very minimal and nihilistic, like Andy Stott, to bring out a much darker atmosphere. Who wouldn't want to see the main character film dead bodies with this music in the background?

I thought Nightcrawler was pretty good - I was surprised how much the audience was laughing

linklater does interesting stuff, looking forward to seeing boyhood.

yeah, you basically waiting for something to happen all film, but nothing actually happen.. that ominous feeling of waiting, and life just passes by..

"You know how everyone's always saying seize the moment? I don't know, I'm kind of thinking it's the other way around, you know, like the moment seizes us."

spoiler?

lol @ "nothing happens" being a spoiler

yeah basically this,

this was just my personal point of view, how I understand this film, the feeling of waiting something to happen, just the movie gave it to me,

btw, just found this yesterday, just being uploaded on youtube, you may check it,

Edited by arvy Ictal