Spectre (Imax) - 9/10

Blistering opening scene in Mexico that would have Brian DePalma sitting there his cinema seat in awe. Bond sets out as a lone wolf looking to avenge M's death. He's led into a world so undercover it has infiltrated his own agency. Great action and a multitude of ghosts from Bond's past. The Aston DB10 is a thing of wonder, incredible, then Dave Bautista pops up in a spectacular looking Jaguar for an epic race through Rome. Then some alpine stuff. Then some stuff in north Africa. It has all the best of Bond with a little twist in the tail. Only downside is Bellucci was only on screen for 5 minutes, he started something with her and then it was a pointless strand. He kept her alive to get info. How callous.

Slightly better than Skyfall because it went deeper in Bond's troubled past.

fuckin Bond, what a prick

re-branded/rebonded, whateverthefuck

once Roger Moore came on the scene it was only ever 1 step away fom the Carry On bollix, apart from that hot brunette who flew the helicopter in that forgettable wank

i can still knock 1 out over her once every 3/4 years

Deathgasm - This was good but not great, the script was funny but I don't recall laughing once which is weird. If you like Evil Dead, metal and are a teenager this will be your new favourite film. I am old and don't need slow motion scenes of a demon being slapped with a dildo because that is my love life.

Spectre (Imax) - 9/10

Blistering opening scene in Mexico that would have Brian DePalma sitting there his cinema seat in awe. Bond sets out as a lone wolf looking to avenge M's death. He's led into a world so undercover it has infiltrated his own agency. Great action and a multitude of ghosts from Bond's past. The Aston DB10 is a thing of wonder, incredible, then Dave Bautista pops up in a spectacular looking Jaguar for an epic race through Rome. Then some alpine stuff. Then some stuff in north Africa. It has all the best of Bond with a little twist in the tail. Only downside is Bellucci was only on screen for 5 minutes, he started something with her and then it was a pointless strand. He kept her alive to get info. How callous.

are you sure you watched spectre and not mission impossible rogue nation? or are they both the same film?

Watched Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2 this morning. It was fucking hilarious!

10/10

for some reason i really like part 2. Not just because of the 'homosexual panic' 80s themes but because its the only Freddy movie or really one of the only slasher movies from the 80s where a movie villain fucks up an entire high-school party full of people. Part where he jumps through the glass sliding door and disappears is fucking gold, seriously

the movie Fright Night also has a similar theme of gayness being scary. The main kids friend in Fright Night is obviously hitting on him for the first half of the movie and then decides to turn into a vampire when the suave guy gives him a lecture about 'you've always known you were different'. I kind of miss that vibe in movies even though its weird as shit, in some ways though its a lot more interesting than the weird pseudo sexual christian youth-group vibe of new teenage horror movies like Twighlight

Edited by John Ehrlichman

kRAF2d0.jpg

a documentary explaining the importance of looking fresh, staying fly and keeping your kit looking right. you've got fashion aficionados like kanye west, diddy and big daddy kane all dropping knowledge on these important facts, and how fashion shaped them to be the urban icons you now wish to emulate (right?)

i felt like this should've been 20 minutes long tops instead of the 50 minutes and some change that it was. besides i'm already too fresh to find anything here of any relevance :wink:

Edited by Nebraska

Spectre (Imax) - 9/10

are you sure you watched spectre and not mission impossible rogue nation? or are they both the same film?

the last two of both franchises have had almost the exact same (general) plot

Bridge of Spies 8/10 : Really surprised after so many disappointing anti-Russian american films and tv shows that Spielberg made something truly timely and very resonant with what's happening now. The movie is basically a 'Munich' like spin on current US/Russia relations but told through a true story that happened in the early 1960s. I thought this was much stronger than Munich, it had a lighter story but the pacing was perfect, the acting was fairly top notch. My only complaint was there were a few too many laid to too thick emotional moments. There were a few scenes where a corny line or two would ruin the way the movie allowed you to feel, but overall I Was surprised by how much i liked it. Made House of Cards season 3 look like a fucking CIA produced Rocky IV spinoff in comparison. And yes i will adamantly stand by the fact that House of Cards Season 3 were an absolute shocker how much it played into generic pro western anti-russia propaganda right now.

script by ethan and joel cohen, directed by spielberg, might have to check it out, thanks for the heads up. I've never really thought about it but spielberg's name is apt to his vocation.

checked the trailer, might give it a miss, maybe, we'll see, it's not that it looks terrible my friend, it's just not my bag at the moment these things.

script by ethan and joel cohen, directed by spielberg, might have to check it out, thanks for the heads up. I've never really thought about it but spielberg's name is apt to his vocation.

checked the trailer, might give it a miss, maybe, we'll see, it's not that it looks terrible my friend, it's just not my bag at the moment these things.

wtf is thise supposed to mean... play mountain = movies?

spiel

spēl,SHpēl/

informal

noun

1. 1.

a long or fast speech or story, typically one intended as a means of persuasion or as an excuse but regarded with skepticism or contempt by those who hear it.

"he delivers a breathless and effortless spiel in promotion of his new novel"

but thats.... the anglicized version of the yiddish word which comes from german and a literal german translation of spielberg would be: game mountain

when was a german translation only specified? and more importantly, why are you still posting about this?

the resurrection of gavin stone

i think i watched 10 minutes of this- it was retarded. basically, some guy (who cannot act and is a complete tool) is told he has to do community service. he starts whining about how much that is complete hell for him because he'd really rather not. he's then reminded that he parties too hard and trashed some room, and he really should do the community service. he reluctantly agrees. so he moves back home (his home in chi-town) and he's supposedly to do 600 hours of community service at a church.

the acting is atrocious and if the above sounds like a plot, it's boring and not interesting.

didn't finish

btw: the tool was at the screening. i think he thought he was a celebrity, but then mark walberg showed up and stole his thunder

Edited by Nebraska

of course i mean the english usage you smart mouthed kvetch. And i did actually look up the german meaning for spiel to be sure before i posted, cause i'm like that, careful, dynamic, a man to be admired for the care with which is posts be wrought, and yes it's 'game', but i determined that for an off the cuff (ohh that's archaic noone has cuffs anymore, wahhh, iza so smart) noticening, i thought it was fine.

Anyone seen Bone Tomahawk? Patton Oswalt was singing it's praises on twitter the other day but apparently one scene made him want to go vegan, if there is some animal cruelty shit in it I gots to stay away.