The Lobster - Nice to see an absurdist sci-fi in cinemas! Afraid the casting slightly let it down for me - probably would have rather he kept this to Greece and had more 'un-knowns' playing the supporting cast -way too many recognisable B-list English actors, sort of cheapens it for me - also the general stilted and straight form of dialogue delivery got a little tiresome after a while which is something I probably wouldn't have picked up on as much had it been in subtitles...but still, overall fair play!

Enemy - denis villineuve is hollywood's new darling and i can see why - this was well done. SO LITTLE IS WELL DONE THESE DAYS that even an imperfect movie like this is refreshing. Tightly shot. Nice, natural, slim women screenplay. pleased lol @ grimy color correction of toronto. makes toronto look like garbage, intentionally. classic Quebecois agenda.

a little too fight clubby, and the strippers in an underground den of iniquity/subconscious made the comparisons even easier. Should have cut that out and just had the spider at the end.

hope he keeps using the same DP, these guys can shoot some nice shots of buildings (which we all know is essential for blade runner)

anyway i guess i should see sicario now? don't care about the drug war at all but i'll give it a shot

edit: well he used deakins for prisoners and sicario so yeah he knows who to work with to get good camera

Edited by dr lopez

^ lol. It's WATMM: The Movie.

Been watching a little selection of Halloween-y films the last few weeks during the nice earthy smelling darkened evenings ofc.

Night Of The Creeps

The Shining

Halloween

Amityville (1979)

Eyes Without A Face

The Last Witch Hunter - 0/10

Kind of a pity because I think Vin Diesels D+D interest is something cool about him. This film has literally no personality. I kind of enjoyed the way they visualised some of the magic but that's about it, most of the SFX were just cheesy