Guest bitroast

the trip - 7/10 can't wait for a bluray version of this...

steve coogan ?

love the tv series. never watched the movie version. (((there's also a second series, also good)))

steve coogan ?

love the tv series. never watched the movie version. (((there's also a second series, also good)))

well, i think i was referring to this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062395/ but yeah steve coogan the trip is amazing, lots of laughs, both series's seasons and the movies, the movies are kind of a compact of the series with some extra scenes methinks...

Been watching anything to do with Terry Southern, most I have seen before, but a couple of new ones...

Dr. Strangelove 5/5 - amazing, more Southern than Kubrick.....
The Loved One 5/5 - my second favorite of his
The Collector 4.5/5 - a little Hitchcock, a little Polanski.....
Barbarella 3.5/5 - camp classic
The End of the Road 2/5 - trippy and very weird, but I couldn't handle the last 15 minutes, too nasty for my liking
Don't Make Waves 3.5/5 - screw ball comedy with a Southern twist, lots of fun! Tony Curtis is good.

Candy 2.5/5 - pretty much a mess

Aaaaaaaah!

Wow, surely this is a piece of cinematic genius! Post-modern mesh of different styles all jammed into a perfect mess of experimental fun! Felt quite inspired after watching it, nice to know people out there like Steve Oram can push through that barrier of uncertainty and just go out and make something like this. (Also as said earlier, amazing sound track)

cheers for the rec

Guest bitroast

steve coogan ?

well, i think i was referring to this one http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062395/ but yeah steve coogan the trip is amazing, lots of laughs, both series's seasons and the movies, the movies are kind of a compact of the series with some extra scenes methinks...

ahh that makes sense, cheers.

having said that.. i can completely understand why you would want to have this* in blu-ray high def

Steve-Coogan-and-Rob-Bryd-006.jpg

There is a lot of cool looking shit and some fun moments in them, they also kind of drag on and fail to engage. It's worth it I guess, but they're not good. The cool stuff almost makes up for it, but ultimately is what makes them so disappointing. They've got everything right for a fun action adventure, but somehow it's not working. The best way to enjoy them is to set your expectations low, turn off your brain and enjoy the visuals.

Guest bitroast

fell asleep during hellboy 1. despite, wanting so much to like it.

i like pans labyrinth and really liked pacific rim.

but yeah, hellboy just kind of lulled me.

still compelled to skip the movie entirely and jump straight into hellboy 2 ..........

not sure if falling asleep to the film is fair grounds for criticism ????

bone tomahawk was really entertaining for me. very cool.

Kurt Russell mustache/10

tonight, do we watch the big short or knight of cups or the lobster?

Bone Tomahawk was tight. Really enjoyed that one. Fucking brutal.

Knight Of Cups is quite the puzzle. Just left me like "I have feels about this but I don't know what they are." The repeating musical motif has realllly stuck in my head since then, too.

Guest trananhhung

Saw A Bigger Splash at the Curzon this weekend. Absolutely adorable. 10/10

Edited by trananhhung