Guest bitroast

The Mirror, by Andrei Tarkovsky - Literally a dream made film. 10/10

very noice!!

have you seen his other films ? Stalker and Nostalghia both very good. (and Solaris, but i preferred the other 2.. and would rather watch more Tarkovsky than re-watch Solaris juuust yet.)

Shaun The Sheep Movie (lol) - pretty funny kids film. very easy to watch and laugh at regardless of age.

Gods of Egypt - green screen assgasm. so awesomely bad, I loved it. combine Flash Gordon with Clash of the Titans (why would you?) and that about sums it up. Ra dragging the sun across the sky on a chain over a flat Earth was the tits. yeah, all pasty white Brits playing Arabs, lol

Gods of Egypt - green screen assgasm. so awesomely bad, I loved it. combine Flash Gordon with Clash of the Titans (why would you?) and that about sums it up. Ra dragging the sun across the sky on a chain over a flat Earth was the tits. yeah, all pasty white Brits playing Arabs, lol

You might enjoy this post that the director of Gods of Egypt, Alex Proyas, posted on Facebook after the reviews got published:

NOTHING CONFIRMS RAMPANT STUPIDITY FASTER...

Than reading reviews of my own movies. I usually try to avoid the experience - but this one takes the cake. Often, to my great amusement, a critic will mention my past films in glowing terms, when at the time those same films were savaged, as if to highlight the critic's flawed belief of my descent into mediocrity. You see, my dear fellow FBookers, I have rarely gotten great reviews… on any of my movies, apart from those by reviewers who think for themselves and make up their own opinions. Sadly those type of reviewers are nearly all dead. Good reviews often come many years after the movie has opened. I guess I have the knack of rubbing reviewers the wrong way - always have. This time of course they have bigger axes to grind - they can rip into my movie while trying to make their mainly pale asses look so politically correct by screaming "white-wash!!!” like the deranged idiots they all are. They fail to understand, or chose to pretend to not understand what this movie is, so as to serve some bizarre consensus of opinion which has nothing to do with the movie at all. That’s ok, this modern age of texting will probably make them go the way of the dinosaur or the newspaper shortly - don't movie-goers text their friends with what they thought of a movie? Seems most critics spend their time trying to work out what most people will want to hear. How do you do that? Why these days it is so easy... just surf the net to read other reviews or what bloggers are saying - no matter how misguided an opinion of a movie might be before it actually comes out. Lock a critic in a room with a movie no one has even seen and they will not know what to make of it. Because contrary to what a critic should probably be they have no personal taste or opinion, because they are basing their views on the status quo. None of them are brave enough to say “well I like it” if it goes against consensus. Therefore they are less than worthless. Now that anyone can post their opinion about anything from a movie to a pair of shoes to a hamburger, what value do they have - nothing. Roger Ebert wasn’t bad. He was a true film lover at least, a failed film-maker, which gave him a great deal of insight. His passion for film was contagious and he shared this with his fans. He loved films and his contribution to cinema as a result was positive. Now we have a pack of diseased vultures pecking at the bones of a dying carcass. Trying to peck to the rhythm of the consensus. I applaud any film-goer who values their own opinion enough to not base it on what the pack-mentality say is good or bad.

250full-alex-proyas.jpg

only lovers left alive (2013) - dir. jim jarmusch. <3 this guy's shit. & bin waiting 2 c this 4 a while now.

its an arthouse character study of 2 v. old (& snobby) flames. awsm sets & locations & lighting, funny 1 liners. whole movie set @ night.

both the self absorbtion & indulgence of the personalities did get p. annoying, trying/tiring @ tiems imo...

but mbe that wuz the hole point given its about vampires ? idk.

nvrthlss... great ideas, dope music & aesthetics 4 a music video indie flick; 7/10

OLLAset23.jpg

That film's a weird one, it doesn't really go anywhere, more just like hanging out with a couple of vampires who are cooler than you and know it, which is also mildly irritating. I watched it at night next to a graveyard which helped spice it up a bit.

Guest bitroast

watching captain america winter soldier. is okay but the marvel films just don't do it for me much anymore i'm afraid. ((cert doesnt hold up after recently re-watching terminator 2 woof what a film !!! ).

having said that,

Qqntkyd.jpg

Edited by bitroast

Guest bitroast

watching captain america winter soldier. is okay but the marvel films just don't do it for me much anymore i'm afraid. ((cert doesnt hold up after recently re-watching terminator 2 woof what a film !!! ).

ok. finished watching.

6/10 or so ??

i thought everyone was saying it was 'one of the good ones'. ehh.. definitely not for me.

one thing i was thinking while watching it was ... at least its not the generic superhero film formula of giant alien/robot/thing destroying the city and the superhero destroying the alien/robot/thing and that being the film. it actually felt a bit more like a self contained movie.

and then the film didn't even have a proper resolution? i mean.. SPOILERS.

but the movie is called winter soldier. and the whole story regarding winter soldier is left unresolved and no resolution?

ugh. same old hollywood 'black matter'.

there was a line in the film where captain america's friend is like

"how do we know which ones are the bad guys"

and captain america replies "the ones that are shooting us".

that line really struck a chord with me. the whole film felt like that. just, pointless content be it cgi heavy stitched together action sequences or pointless dialogue thrown in to add duration to the film. why did i watch this film.

Guest Chicky D

Me and a friend recently watched Ralph Bakshi's American Pop and we were both really psyched about it, 4 generations of american music and culture told through a really engaging story. A really good mix of style and substance and any music lover should check it out. https://youtu.be/_3YYgEC_9HU [youtubehd]_3YYgEC_9HU[/youtubehd]

Edited by Chicky D

Being John Malcovich - Malcovich/Malcovich

I had completely forgotten how insanely hilarious this movie is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGYElDi38s

this has been in a pile of DVDs i keep meaning to watch. i was thinking about it this morning and then i saw your post so decided it was fate. great film. Edited by QQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSGYElDi38s

this has been in a pile of DVDs i keep meaning to watch. i was thinking about it this morning and then i saw your post so decided it was fate. great film.

And the only movie worth watching starring John Cusack

this has been in a pile of DVDs i keep meaning to watch. i was thinking about it this morning and then i saw your post so decided it was fate. great film.

And the only movie worth watching starring John Cusack

High Fidelity tho