Beyond the Black Rainbow - a 2 hour avant garde music video.

I've had this for about a year and can't bring myself to watch it.

Same here. I have yet to watch it.

I loved it. but yes, it is less of a story and more of a free-flowing dreamlike homage to various past horror/mystery aesthetics.

Edited by usagi

re: Beyond the Black Rainbow, just watch the trailer a couple times, really. You'll get as much out of that as you would sitting through the whole jawn.

that's pretty much what I got, the vanity shots condensed down into a much more interesting and better paced trailer. pot would have definitely helped. I ended up doing iPad while it played out, more of a background piece IMO. the 70s/Carl Sagan aesthetics were there, just no substance.

up to number 8 of the friday the 13th films (why?), it was definitely the best one so far.

jason on the loose in times square is a lol.

Haha, I done a run of the series last year, they really aren't very good but I enjoyed it anyway.

Spirit of the Beehive

Maybe i've been watching too much schlock lately, felt I didn't have the patience for this - maybe if i'd watched it a couple years back i'd have enjoyed it more but felt quite passive to it all...tis' very highly regarded however, so some of you may really dig it

rewatched the royal tennanabauabusm.

i think it's only the third time i've watched it? still probably my fave wes anderson. the second time i watched it i had forgotten about luke wilson's bathroom scene and it hit me good and hard then. i remembered it was coming this time but man. still so good

love hackman's banter with glover too