Never seen any of the above, will try to correct my ways

https://youtu.be/iOBXuCYB4jQ

a documentary about a group for guys that like to tickle one another. the guys involved all insist that they're not gay and they actually come off as being very homophobic, but when it's time to tickle, they're all over each other (literally).

at one of the screenings for this film, a guy (who's part of many groups of ticklers) was so offended by the film that he began to berate the director and was kicked out of the theater.

8 jockstraps with a penis guard out of 10

Guest Morphy

Mission Impossible 5 was pretty dope at .67 speed. I recently watched a YT vid on how to do a proper pushup and I noticed Tom was doing it the wrong way. Apparently they decided not to write the end of the movie until they were well into shooting.

Everybody Wants Some - basically the sequel to Dazed and Confused, Mitch and Jake are both representations of Linklater in his adolescence. This one seemed incredibly empty and shallow, and worst of all, not funny. I don't see it becoming a classic of any kind, and most of the brown haired generic white guys all looked the same.

The Lobster

Can't decide how to put this on a 1-10 scale but I fucking loved this movie. Totally encapsulates my angst with dating/relationships and societies arbitrary rules of coitus. I can see how people would get a little annoyed at the quirky acting but it makes perfect sense in this autistic society. The film manages to be absolutley hilarious while remaining dark and uncomfortable. I already want to watch it again.

^ the director of that film has definitely put himself on my radar. same guy behind Dogtooth. I like his style, although I felt The Lobster dragged on a bit.

Yeah I loved it, saw it in the cinema. I even liked the fact it was a little bit too long, all arthouse films should be.

That dancing alone in the woods to electronic music part is still my No.1 contender for Most IDM scene in a film.

Still need to see Dogtooth.

Whiteout - one of the worst comic book movies I've seen recently. So fake looking it was embarrassing, Arctic murder mystery shot entirely on a soundstage. I felt sorry for the poor guy who had to animate breath fog for these terrible actors in a 2 hour movie.

Speak truthfully, it's a steaming pile of shit.

Edit - re: 10 Cloverfield Lane

yeah, I guess. I tried not be all snobby/critical watching it but it beat me down with the final 10-15 mins.

That dancing alone in the woods to electronic music part is still my No.1 contender for Most IDM scene in a film.

the part where the leader of the loners speaks so matter-of-factly about how they're all autists and therefore they only listen to electronic music made me lol and think "WATMM". of course things like "silent disco" now exist so it's not exactly some outlandish dystopian concept (unless you think we're living in one now).

edit: also some bits with Rachel Weisz' super-deadpan, almost anti-Attenborough documentarian style narration got me good. the "fucking me in the arse" out of nowhere especially.

Edited by usagi