Rewatched The Master last night and i think it's the most rewarding second viewing I've had of any film. Watching the characters rather than worrying about anything else that's going on. It's funny, engrossing, sad and profound. Just don't want to be reminded of that many hairy bushes again though. They looked like the pelts from The Revenant.

I watched that with my kid the other night. It's pretty good!

Hairy bushes are indeed awesome.....

Craptain Bummerica - Drivel Bore is not awesome, more Black Panther thanks, less Robert Downley Pruneyer.......4/10

Where to invade Next - must watch for all conservative idiot Christian Americans 8/10

Midnight Special - one of my favorite films in recent history 8/10

Stalker is still the best film ever made. 100/10

Rewatched The Master last night and i think it's the most rewarding second viewing I've had of any film. Watching the characters rather than worrying about anything else that's going on. It's funny, engrossing, sad and profound. Just don't want to be reminded of that many hairy bushes again though. They looked like the pelts from The Revenant.

The Master is a masterpiece.

Stalker is still the best film ever made. 100/10

absolute truth, Ruth

(the soundtrack by Artemyev is available too via a rummage)

https://www.discogs.com/Edward-Artemyev-SolarisMirror-Stalker/release/7270620

One of my all-time favs, gotta watch that again soon. I've got the soundtrack on CD with a set of other Tarkovsky scores, great stuff.

Green Inferno was disappointing, thought it was going to be about cannabis not cannibals

i was also disappointed. i thought it was going to be about the first weeks of Hell, like when it just opened and all kinds of stuff is going all wrong and lucifer is just learning the ropes.

Green Inferno was disappointing, thought it was going to be about cannabis not cannibals

i was also disappointed. i thought it was going to be about the first weeks of Hell, like when it just opened and all kinds of stuff is going all wrong and lucifer is just learning the ropes.

lol

Symbol 2009

Watched this again last night with friends, experimental art house comedies never felt so good! Real ingenious stuff here, such a pleasure.

Crow/10

symbol4.jpg

flol this should be made

oh yeah and i watched the babadook but it was babadookie

Edited by dr lopez

Watched a load of 80s films on YouTube over the weekend. Couldn't stop.

Deadly Intentions - 1985 TV film with Michael Biehn in fine form. Biehn was kicking ass in the 80s. This was unintentionally very funny just as Biehn plays a complete a-hole. It reminded me of those real life comic books autobiographical Clowes, Pekar, Matt etc

Final Approach - carrying on my obsession with the female lead I watched this film from 1991, imaging at the end of 2001 a space odyssey the main character Dave being interrogated after his ascension into the abyss. Unbelievable I haven't seen this before.

Dream Lover - this was so good in a dream like american goes to London and loses her marbles way. If you like Altered States, Dreamscape, Paperhouse and other dream sequence films go get your fix. From 1986.

The Borrower - John McNaughton's follow up to Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer. Great prosthetic explosions as the main character is an Alien that likes to rip people's heads off. Had possibly one of the sadist sex scenes of all time off camera when the criminal tries to escape. Brilliant use of sound in this though.

The Silence - recent German film - nothing original about this at all - was like an assembled mish mash of every other crime thriller made. Reminded me of a time when I cycled through Germany though and the countryside really stands out. Rural Germany chlorophyll to turn your eyes green.

Also found that the YouTube plugin on Kodi let's you upgrade the video to the highest quality, the playback seems slightly better than in browser.

Edited by Echolalia

Runaway, you may remember this silly 80s sci-fi with Tom Selleck, Kirstie Alley, and none other than Gene Simmons as the villain. This was the first time I watched it as an adult and the first time I noticed that the whole premise of the movie (and even parts of the soundtrack) are like someone played a game of Chinese whispers with Blade Runner as the message. And no matter how stupid the film and plot are, its boxy piece of crap robots were actually a surprisingly accurate vision of the future. Think robot mowers, drones, and self-driving cars instead of Blade Runner's androids.