Haven't posted in here for a while I think, so some movies I've seen recently:

LFO - very colundi/10

Taxi Driver (first time seeing it... I know, I know) - Amazing.

10 Cloverfield Lame/10

Saul Fia ('Son of Saul') - Intense, easily the most realistic holocaust movie ever. Still not sure how good it is though.

The Godfather I & II (first time seeing it... I know, I know) - Amazing, still satisfied even with all the expectations and hype (that put me off on watching this for ages).
Santo en el hotel de la muerte - very boring half-conscious night movie, but I like very boring half-conscious night movies.

Dead in the Water - lol/10

My Beautiful Broken Brain - Definitely worth a watch, only clicked on it because it featured David Lynch but it would be just as interesting without him.

Anyone seen Hush? Defo recommend it if you like Creep, Halloween, You're Next etc. Low budget horror that allows you to empathise with those hard of hearing by turning the sounds off.

Cloverfield Lane - JJ fucks up another film. Jesus that ending was ridiculous. You could tell the new footage began when the chick was barefoot, then immediately had combat boots laced up to the top a second later. Bad JJ! Now go to your room.

Cloverfield Lane - JJ fucks up another film. Jesus that ending was ridiculous. You could tell the new footage began when the chick was barefoot, then immediately had combat boots laced up to the top a second later. Bad JJ! Now go to your room.

I was so flabbergasted with that ending, I was irl lolling at it. Horribly shit, but enjoyed the shitfest to a degree.

Anyone seen Hush? Defo recommend it if you like Creep, Halloween, You're Next etc. Low budget horror that allows you to empathise with those hard of hearing by turning the sounds off.

Poor I'll have to give this a look

I was so flabbergasted with that ending, I was irl lolling at it. Horribly shit, but enjoyed the shitfest to a degree.

Yeah this was utter shit.

Edited by doublename

You guys really hated 10 Cloverfield Lane that much? I thought it was a great little thriller and the ending was wonderful because the movie just kinda did what it wanted. But I like simple and dumb things, so...

You guys really hated 10 Cloverfield Lane that much? I thought it was a great little thriller and the ending was wonderful because the movie just kinda did what it wanted. But I like simple and dumb things, so...

I liked it too. WATMM don't really like anything though in general

Brothers Grimsby - elephant jizz/10 - I couldn't stop laughing at this one

Neighbors - pretty funny

The Search Party - not as funny but naked guy covered in coke was a lol

Looper, it was that time travel movie with Bruce Willis in it? that was dope, interesting angles and some dark cynical vibes ... but the most ultimatest mindfukcest time travel movie I've seen is Predestination (2014) highly recommended, and I also suggest you watch it without reading anything about it beforehand, if you are in to intelligent scifi, it will deliver --

talking about mindfucking movies I also recommend Birth (2004) ... just see it and wonder ,,,

and Under the Skin (2013), strange as hell

Edit: actually, Predestination is not that mi9ndfucking, in the sense how it's very esthetically, intellectually pleasing when the pieces fall symmetrically in their places

Edited by Dorian Mode

last movies watched:

Gidrah the Space Monster, not sure about the name ... watched it because I've been listening to MF DOOM's fantastic album, King Geedorah: Take Me to your Leader .... I had actually seen it as a kid in movie theater, I realized ... an old Toho studios production, guys in monster rubber suits trampling on intricate miniature cityscapes etc, requires special taste and heavy suspension of disbelief, bit like Thunderbirds ...

Amazing Spider MAn II .. one should really see Marvel Movies in theater ... besides the good comic book stuff like experiencing New York the Spider man way you can listen to sharp electronic ssounds and dubstep beats when the villain Electro rages and destroys there is surprising high classical elevated tragedy and impressive acting, snappy dialog, classic Peter Parker self doubting moments, pretty good

Edited by Dorian Mode

I too enjoyed Cloverfield Lane. It's not tryng to be Citizen Kane or anything, I just enjoyed it for what it was.

(although yeah the ending was pretty lol)

But the ending does exactly what I've wanted so many movies to do. Just fuck it all up. Go nuts. Have fun.

Watched to form an opinion.

It was ok. 5 Cloverfield Lane.

I too enjoyed Cloverfield Lane. It's not tryng to be Citizen Kane or anything, I just enjoyed it for what it was.

(although yeah the ending was pretty lol)

But the ending does exactly what I've wanted so many movies to do. Just fuck it all up. Go nuts. Have fun.

Yeah for sure. At first I was hoping for a more cerebral explanation but once the ending got going I was like "ok, yeah, let's do this." Really enjoyed the whole thing. John Goodman was great, I'm always a fan of his.

After being hypnotised by Hush, watched Flanagan's Absentia which was a kickstarter funded film. Whilst crowdfunded projects can be a let down as the projects are built towards the backers wishes rather than the original intention. This film is ambiguous unlike so many recent horror films.

Subwayportals/10

2VVpve8.jpg

this film is based on a real brothel which was used by top nazi officials (most notably reinhard heydrich) to spy on nazi officials and dignitaries in case they needed to use this information for blackmail (or to get rid of certain offenders).

this film changes a few details: the salon spies mainly on nazis and the guy who sets it up is doing so to blackmail hitler. he closes to "first" brothel, gets kitty to move into a very swank pad and recruits the hottest and most loyal nazi dames to be under her tutorage. one particular guy falls for one of these dames and spills his guts to her while engaging in some pretty scandalous sexual perversions while madam kitty holds endless parties whilst swooning clientele with cabaret musical numbers and fine champagne.

whilst an interesting film, it is somewhat overly dramatic and occasionally plods despite lots of titillating shots of nude women.

six glasses of champagne out of ten

Edited by Nebraska

lZPnWTG.jpg

this was my second foray into the world of tinto brass (salon kitty being the first). this time around we are introduced to curvy, bubbly and somewhat naive pola native mimma who joins a brothel to help her fiance get money to start his own business. she was warned by multiple people (including the madam, martine brochard, and various ladies of the night) that her fiance is actually pimping her which she scoffs as poppycock.

well, it turns out the fiance is pimping her, and this turns once innocent mimma (nicknamed paprika) into a streetwise(?) type of dame.

boobs galore and lots of ass shots, and some pretty fun costume changes but the story is extremely predictable to the point where you'd even wonder why they bothered.

four silky brassieres out of ten

Edited by Nebraska

The Conjuring 2

God damn, that movie got me. It got me real good. Old school horror movie at its best.

But the ending was similar to The Conjuring and Insidious in that it always ends up with a bunch of action which is kinda weird, but I don't mind it.

10.000 jump scares/10

really? it's actually worth watching? I always dismiss that stuff out of hand.

I love horror movies. I loved Insidious and The Conjuring and this is just more of that.

Green Room - I thought I had a high tolerance, but this was without a doubt the most terrifying theatre experience I have ever had. Like Assault on Precinct 13 cranked to 10. Highly recommend!