I love horror too, but anything with a sheen of Hollywood gloss on it instantly seems like shit and puts me off.

It's very primitive and it's full of jump scares but a lot of scenes are also just straight up creepy simply due to very simple things that I won't spoil here. Overall, it's just a really old school horror movie with tons of pretty classy jump scares. It's kinda classy in a way. But maybe I'm just an easy target. All I know is that James Wan knows how to create imagery that scare the living fuck out of me...

Insidious_Img_06.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

really? it's actually worth watching? I always dismiss that stuff out of hand.

i heard from a friend it's pretty good. i'm going to see it on wednesday.

watched these over the last couple nights...

mr right. not terrible actually, subverted the usual romcom nonsense in weird way. fight scenes were really well shot. rza was good. kind of like a shitter romcom version of grosse point blank.

london is falling, eugh, i knew it was going to be shite, and it was. like the last one it really revelled in the good guys getting completely massacred at the start, I think I can predict how #3 is going to work itself out.

10 cloverfield lane, great, ending was great (I did lol a few times, but that's no bad thing). i have a thing for mary elizabeth winstead, so maybe I'm biased.

mr right. not terrible actually, subverted the usual romcom nonsense in a very weird way. fight scenes were really well shot. rza was good.

editor acting screwy there, I cut and pasted that last paragraph up to the top (my ocd reminded me to put the movies in the order I watched them), but it seems to have pasted it back in prior to posting via magic.

Some standout films watched during the last few months:

Tangerine

Prince of Broadway

Ape

Buzzard

Victoria

Looking forward to Joel Potrykus' (Ape, Buzzard) latest film The Alchemist Cookbook.

X-Men Apocalypse. Pretty decent for a fun movie. Apocalypse himself was a little bit of a letdown physically, but otherwise good.

X-Men Apocalypse. Pretty decent for a fun movie. Apocalypse himself was a little bit of a letdown physically, but otherwise good.

ya. not nearly as bad as i thought it'd be

not good though

also saw lobster. was pretty okay

Watched Valhalla and Only God Forgives.

Valhalla was pretty good.

Only God Forgives was pretty bad.

Watched Valhalla and Only God Forgives.

Valhalla was pretty good.

Only God Forgives was pretty bad.

what's Valhalla? Valhalla Rising?

The Martian

Wow, that was terrible. Proper painting by numbers job. the epitome of a waste of time.

Matt's character is painfully smug/10

Red Dawn

Lil' disappointed, but didn't really have the highest expectations going into it. I can see the appeal to the US audience, bit scary really.

Was swayze meant to be a teenager in this?/10

oh fuck i forgot about the martian. it was like a block of really boring wood (wood can be lush, so not the lush kind). matt damen just being a boring twat then omg disaster but then everything's fine bc science. finally, awesome shot of some guy obviously not matt damen bc skinny.

GttxpPJ.jpg

finally watched this for myself last night. forget what i said last time- it's not good. much worse than the previous one imo despite vera farmiga looking five hundred times hotter this time around

in fact, it just degenerates into an exorcist wannabe complete with an english mom that tries to look as ellen burstyn as possible and a 'demon' that delivers some babadook cgi tall walking monster stunts before james wan's typical screamfest finale

4.5 english girls with rotten teeth out of 10 (i swear none of them are smoking)

Edited by Nebraska

oh fuck i forgot about the martian. it was like a block of really boring wood (wood can be lush, so not the lush kind). matt damen just being a boring twat then omg disaster but then everything's fine bc science. finally, awesome shot of some guy obviously not matt damen bc skinny.

iPad toilet flusher