Neon Demon - I was loving it up until the catwalk two thirds of the way in, then it meanders and anything interesting that was hinting away from the most predictable ending vanishes. Nice to see Keanu as always.

Edited by tec

I just watched Cave of Forgotten Dreams and Into the Abyss.

It is such a relief to watch documentaries by Werner Herzog. They are so low-key, they seem real, and the fact that you get to hear him ask questions instead of just watching an interview that's been edited to pieces so you don't hear the questions asked. It seems more more real this way.

Can't wait to watch Lo and Behold.

Neon Demon - I was loving it up until the catwalk two thirds of the way in, then it meanders and anything interesting that was hinting away from the most predictable ending vanishes. Nice to see Keanu as always.

Keanu was the best part about this movie. And no one has ever said that before about any movie.

Eye in the Sky - I just found this p cartoonish overall. Also loads of awful dialogue spelling things out for the slow kids. 

I thought it was pretty good, and I don't think the exposition-heavy dialog was a flaw, it was the whole point, to showcase the bureaucracy.

Todd Field double 

In the Bedroom - overlying Western perverseness hidden under middle class pretensions PropheticStahl/10

Little Children - sometimes the actors in these offkey american films are really pious and come across as artsy fartsy, no one does in this which means I am interested NoughtiesSlackers/10

Body Bags (1993) - under appreciated John Carpenter TV movie, basically his version of Tales From the Crypt.

JC stars as the host, wrote and directed 2 episodes (Tobe Hooper directed the 3rd), scored the music, and produced it. Classic horror cheese.

watched the guest last nite. i mean, it was pretty self aware in its stupidity. definitely loses a lot of steam in the final act. luckily it's barely 1.5 hrs long.

it seems like all these horror flicks/shows that everyone gets so hard over have similar retro soundtracks with loads of arps.

U1XGpJC.jpg

watched this last night. was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed it. a trio of no-good good for nothings breathe into some blind army vet's house so they can rob him blind. then things go downhill (for the army vet and the degenerates). 

i thought stephen lang did a good job as the army vet but i felt like having a blind guy stumbling around shooting aimlessly, why dangerously, made him rather sloppy which didn't really strike fear in me. i just wish they gave him a characteristic that made his disability not that obvious- like giving him really good hearing. also, only once does his sense of smell really play a role in him figuring out what's going on- the rest of the time he's just stumbling around.

btw: loved the droney minimal use of music

8 growling rottweilers with glinting teeth foaming in the mouth out of 10

Edited by Nebraska

rewatched no country for old men for the millionth time. it really is superlative, the best movie of the last fifteen years.

when i watched it last weekend i don't think i had seen it since the one time in the theatre almost 10 years ago. like, i remembered that i enjoyed it, sure... but man... i was just blown away. it's immaculate. no filler.

which is basically how i feel about the big lebowski only that's obviously a completely different kind of movie...

rewatched no country for old men for the millionth time. it really is superlative, the best movie of the last fifteen years.

Stayed up way too late last night watching this on IFC or Sundance. But, it needed to be watched. A dandy for sure.

wiener dog - terrible terrible movie. a load of uninteresting small stories linked only by the presence of a dog.

the martian - really liked this actually and wish i'd seen it in the cinema

the fundamentals of caring - paul rudd magic. i love this guy.

Couldn't find Don't Breathe so ended up watching Green Room (2016)

Jean Luc Picard reprises his Yorkshire Moors farmer Neo Nazi head honcho role from Conspiracy Theory. Before watching this film raise a glass to Anton Yelchin as the poor kid is no more and this film should have been a better send off. One of the actresses ends up being Harley Quinn so for that SueJeep/10

U1XGpJC.jpg

watched this last night. was pleasantly surprised how much i enjoyed it. a trio of no-good good for nothings breathe into some blind army vet's house so they can rob him blind. then things go downhill (for the army vet and the degenerates). 

i thought stephen lang did a good job as the army vet but i felt like having a blind guy stumbling around shooting aimlessly, why dangerously, made him rather sloppy which didn't really strike fear in me. i just wish they gave him a characteristic that made his disability not that obvious- like giving him really good hearing. also, only once does his sense of smell really play a role in him figuring out what's going on- the rest of the time he's just stumbling around.

btw: loved the droney minimal use of music

8 growling rottweilers with glinting teeth foaming in the mouth out of 10

Can I pay someone money to watch this online or do I have to go to a cinema?