Just watched Irreversibe recently. I don't get the criticism it gets for being "disturbingly violent" honeslty, The Walking Dead is way more violent and that's almost family friendly. Great movie though.

Night shift shitfest.

Films I have lined up for this evening/tomorrow morning: Krull, The Dead Zone, Kill List, Pi, Shivers, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Videodrome, The Bat (1959 w/Vincent Price), Dreams in the Witch House, Cigarette Burns, Carnival of Souls, Nosferatu, A Dirty Shame and a crappy but entertaining Sci Fi Channel miniseries called The Lost Room.

Not gonna get through all of that of course but I'm only on night 2 of 7.

oh dear betsy..i always longed for this as a childish child

QnlCTjw9TaiOs.gif

haha ye! Used to watch it every Sunday at my Gran's when I was a kid.

It was the first film I put on last night. I was internetting at the same time and ended up browsing those movie prop sites after reading the Krull wiki page

https://www.yourprops.com/Hero-Krull-Glaive-original-movie-prop-weapon-Krull-1983-YP11892.html

Edit:

Oh lordy and now I'm here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3d0qlyM5A4

Edited by hello spiral

Just watched Irreversibe recently. I don't get the criticism it gets for being "disturbingly violent" honeslty, The Walking Dead is way more violent and that's almost family friendly. Great movie though.

You what blud?

You what blud?

What was so disturbing to you?

You what blud?

I mean, a lot of people will find br00tal rape more disturbing than cartoonish zombie nonsense. Great movie either way.

You what blud?

I mean, a lot of people will find br00tal rape more disturbing than cartoonish zombie nonsense. Great movie either way.

I guess that's true, I was just expecting something else based on reviews and such

For your Halloween viewing pleasure,

Phantasm 4K Remastered - September 24

Phantasm V: Ravager - October 5

66CFAA6E-5D6F-4987-A9DF-31ABEF777DA9_zps

It's a shame Angus Scrimm didn't live to see the final film released, but what a legacy...he'll give kids nightmares for generations to come. ?

wiener-dog - another flick of honest exploration of contemporary american misery by solondz. i think he pretty much nailed his thing to perfection at this point and will probably continue pumping it every 3 years. people might not get into this contradictory mix of humanity and honesty, and cynical and misanthropic absurdist hilarity at the same time, but somehow he managed the alchemy of this and does this stuff flawlessly. stylistically he's completely apart from this faggotry-sundance-indie filmmaking of people looking into windows in slow motion and shots of trees and shit, i always found his stuff completely engaging and fun (with the exception of life during wartime), it's always very vivid in regards to look, music and dialogue, kinda reminds me of henri rousseau paintings in a way.

weiner - this is fucking great. a fly on the wall (sort of) docu about the campaign of a hilariously messed up (as is evident in recent news) but earnest and very sympathetic anthony weiner who tried to run for nyc mayor. to me this was really illuminating, like i've really learned a lot of stuff about american political campaigns and their interactions with media and public that "house of cards" and such didn't provide. the directors got a really keen eye and reveal lots of juicy details (and sometimes it feels like it was done without consent of the participant) and a good comic timing when it comes to editing. this is not frederick wiseman, so it's all very tightly edited and carefully constructed and thus a bit artificial feeling, but the unprecedented access that they were given (amazing a answer by weiner as to "why" he was ok with them following him around during the whole trainwreck towards the end of the film) and their skill resulted in  this gem. the only thing they could do without is the overabundance of shots of weiner expressing his realization of how badly he fucked up with sighing and head holding.

*Hi5* eugene

Love Solondz and can't wait to see it. I actually dloaded it but have held off on watching as I might catch it at the Cinema when these night shifts finish. Agree unfortunately on Life During Wartime, that one was a dud.

I've refilled the DVD wallet for tonight, got through most of what I posted last, now I have:

Magic (the '78 Anthony Hopkins one), Femina Ridens, Zardoz, Kitaro, Doomed, Buckaroo Banzai, Stir Crazy, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Haxan, Toxic Crusaders (the cartoon movie), Zombie Attack! Museum of the Dead, Return to Horror High, Papillon, The Party (1968), Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Mum  & Dad, Eyes Wide Shut, Last House on the Left, Dark Horse, The Jackhammer Massacre, Halloween III, Import Export, Local Hero, 4 (2004), Society, Demons, Night of the Blood Beast (MST3K version), Oldboy, Long Weekend, Harvey, Happiness and Ghoul School.

Edited by hello spiral