*Hi5* eugene

Love Solondz and can't wait to see it. I actually dloaded it but have held off on watching as I might catch it at the Cinema when these night shifts finish. Agree unfortunately on Life During Wartime, that one was a dud.

I've refilled the DVD wallet for tonight, got through most of what I posted last, now I have:

Magic (the '78 Anthony Hopkins one), Femina Ridens, Zardoz, Kitaro, Doomed, Buckaroo Banzai, Stir Crazy, Plan 9 From Outer Space, Haxan, Toxic Crusaders (the cartoon movie), Zombie Attack! Museum of the Dead, Return to Horror High, Papillon, The Party (1968), Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Mum  & Dad, Eyes Wide Shut, Last House on the Left, Dark Horse, The Jackhammer Massacre, Halloween III, Import Export, Local Hero, 4 (2004), Society, Demons, Night of the Blood Beast (MST3K version), Oldboy, Long Weekend, Harvey, Happiness and Ghoul School.

What job do you have, and are they recruiting?

Buckaroo Banzai is so good. 

Two movies with Mads Mikkelsen

-Adams æbler (Adam's Apples) : extraordinary , must-see

-Valhalla Rising : super

have you seen any of the Pusher series?

the first 2 are mint & Zlatko Buric (the overlord) is infinitely watchable, cant quite believe its 20 yrs since the first of em came out

i need to get a job like yours, spiral. watching films all night sounds like a great way to earn some money.

hehe innit. I'm in one of London's prisons so it's not that great, it's filthy and cockroach ridden.

Also you're here at night mainly to make sure they don't kill themselves or kill each other.

I watched The Act Of Killing today. Really good. I feel empty inside. The opening quote summarizes the movie perfectly. Can recommend.

fav thing about act of killing was the talk the director gave beforehand at the place i saw it. dude clearly had absolutely no clue about the nuance of his own film. it was almost depressing how blind he was to the whole "film within a film directed by the enemy" element of it all - something which herzog clearly understood in about 3 minutes.

i need to get a job like yours, spiral. watching films all night sounds like a great way to earn some money.

hehe innit. I'm in one of London's prisons so it's not that great, it's filthy and cockroach ridden.

Also you're here at night mainly to make sure they don't kill themselves or kill each other.

Ha, I've been considering getting into funeral planning so this sounds quite cheery.

antibirth.jpg

forget Kurosawa. forget Fellini. Bergman, Lynch, whoever. forget them all. this movie is the pinnacle of cinema right here. see this film. see it right now. see it before you go to bed tonight. see it and be amazed. it will change your life.

edit: also it features Tonetta

Edited by usagi

Watched the Nick Broomfield film Kurt & Courtney

My conclusion was no wonder he blew his brains out, surrounded by such pure scum bags. The film just shows an endless parade of parasitic low-lifes, the only decent person seemed his auntie, who you know was alright and looked after him, the rest of them were horrible. I don't think he ever stood a chance having that lot as friends and family. Especially when such huge fame came his way. Just too much a potent mix.

Edited by beerwolf

antibirth.jpg

forget Kurosawa. forget Fellini. Bergman, Lynch, whoever. forget them all. this movie is the pinnacle of cinema right here. see this film. see it right now. see it before you go to bed tonight. see it and be amazed. it will change your life.

edit: also it features Tonetta

!!!!

*downloads furiously*