Dawn of the Dead - At this point It just makes me sad that I will never enjoy this movie. I give up.

They Live - This on other hand gets better every time I watch it.

Edited by doublename

[don't breathe]

Can I pay someone money to watch this online or do I have to go to a cinema?

the film earned $10 million last night (friday). should be in theaters for a while

aezOu.jpg

this wasn't really good. the animation is very fluid but the story is utter crap- basically a bunch of storks that live in a huge warehouse stop delivering babies and instead are doing this UPS type service until some kid writes to them because he wants a baby brother "with ninja skills".

to it's advantage, the film doesn't really have any "bad guys" just situations that prevent the main characters from achieving their goal- which is (as you might guess) pretty silly.

4 annoying birds out of 10

blood father, i am not a serial killer, maggie's plan, the nice guys, everybody wants some!!, april and the extraordinary world, high rise, the trust, tallulah, the russian woodpecker, mountains may depart, 600 miles, the mermaid, bolgen, embrace of the seprent, a conspiracy of faith, zootopia, thesis on a homicide, crush the skull, kill zone 2, emelie, zero days, hush, forsaken, the hallow - 3/10

Embrace of the Serpent 3/10? Really? It's way better than the other films I've seen that are in that post.

Cube 2 - le Hypercube

Every bit as terrible as I'd hoped and, as a bonus, massively derivative of The Langoliers TV special in places. 10 blind girls/10

Edited by doublename

Getting back into giallo after watching The Beyond blu ray. Gonna start collecting these again now that they're getting released in such good quality. Arrow and Shameless are restoring scans from the original negatives and they look and sound luscious. They also just released cronenbergs pre-shivers amatuer short films which i haven't seen. Keep up the good working Arrow, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 has never looked so good. It should be re-reviewed.

Hostel 3 - I watched about an hour, before I realized I had unfortunately seen it before.  And I do mean unfortunate.

Bachelors - Why do I keep thinking someone will make an old school 80s Bachelor Party movie with decent nudity and actual jokes?  sad face.

Drive - I had been meaning to watch this for a while.  I liked the direction they were aiming for (mainly adapting the novel into a Kavinsky video), but it needed more actual driving, and less Ryan trying to look sexy.  At least he didn't whip out his abs, I would lose my shit.

the hair. and her character, really. but to be fair I first saw her years ago in a BBC adaptation of Bleak House and I thought she was lovely then even.

Night shift shitfest.

Films I have lined up for this evening/tomorrow morning: Krull, The Dead Zone, Kill List, Pi, Shivers, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Videodrome, The Bat (1959 w/Vincent Price), Dreams in the Witch House, Cigarette Burns, Carnival of Souls, Nosferatu, A Dirty Shame and a crappy but entertaining Sci Fi Channel miniseries called The Lost Room.

Not gonna get through all of that of course but I'm only on night 2 of 7.