Yep, use mine almost daily too.  Don't play games very often, but it has the Youtube app and my mate lets me use his Sky login as well ?   Sometimes I play CDs through it too, as it runs some nice screensavers.

Also plenty of games can be downloaded from the Playstation store - Ive got Mega Bomberman

On 2/29/2020 at 6:05 PM, Tim_J said:

i did before, he has it for a long time... we should all have it to commemorate twin peaks day, it was on the 24th...

lol I just noticed this in another thread and had a momentary identity crisis when I didn't remember posting something you wrote... are you my doppleganger?!!! (jk)

Agreed, should be a mass avatar switch for TP day. . . love that vid of Kale recreating his entrance. . . 

BTW, good work grabbing that set. The S3 Blu Rays were a noticeable bump from the original stream. IIRC the OG series was essentially remastered w/ Lynch's input for the penultimate set, so you're getting, basically, the best possible look at these (plus all that extra material, and 4k of Ep 8 + pilot(s) which is amazeballs). Def think once you get you Bluray setup sussed out it'll pay dividends for years to come! ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yep, just got it as well. Missed the Amazon "deal of the day" (€99,-) by a few days and had to pay 20 Euros more, but it's worth it. I think this is now the fourth time I've shelled out for S01 and 02 (first time was on VHS, lol), and I know I'll do it again when the complete 4K remasters are coming, and so on until someone has to wring the 864K version out of my cold dead hands. Looking forward to rewatch S03 (preceded by that ginormous YouTube thing), there must be tons of stuff I missed in the first round. TP is the Exai of TV shows, definitely rewards multiple revisits.

I'm not sold on this Z-A boxed set.  I had the original S1/S2 gold box (sold it) and Ive got the blu rays of S1/S2/Return, so there is no need realllllllllly

Re: The 4.5 hour mega-explanation on youtube, im about halfway through, and everything he says so far makes sense (in his annoying accentual way)

Not sure if I could sit and watch it all in one hit though. 

Edited by Soloman Tump

Last week we mentioned a new David Lynch film. Turns out the project might actually be a limited series for a very popular streaming service instead. Also, they may have aged up the lead to an actress in their 30s now but nudity is apparently still required for the role.

• Like 1

I don't know, but I guess sometimes a part you played can be so iconic that you get kind of trapped in it. I mean, Ray Wise has been in couple movies and shows after TP, but every time I see him, I just think ... well, Leland Palmer. I guess that might be a problem for some of them.

On 3/6/2020 at 11:23 PM, Mesh Gear Fox said:

can anyone fill a more casual lynch fan in on why most actors in TP didn't really hit the big time? one thought i had is the 90s isn't the most accommodating decade for the style of acting you see in twin peaks.

Some did, some didn't.

Lynch's casts seem like a troupe he could draw on depending on the role & the work's moods (Jack Nance, Grace Zabriskie, LFB, Harry DS, Kyle M). Jack Nance plays the same sort of oddball in both Blue Velvet & Wild at Heart, but in TP he goes eccentrically conservative. Then think of EH & the persona he portrays there. Think Lynch had a superb eye for a very specific type of American weirdo & the actors who could personify/capture the essence of that.

The Sopranos cast didn't seem to thrive as well barring Mr & Mrs S, or those from The Police Academy series, in fact everyone from the latter should be found & killed asap.

• 3 weeks later...

I hear you. I've just watched S3 twice 1st time as it was aired, weeks after weeks, and then later binged the whole series. The Return made so much more sense that 2nd time, the most incredible 18h long movie ever (and an astonishing final chapter of the best TV show ever). Can't wait to watch it all again, and again. 

Just restarted, had to cut it short 3 years ago due to health issues, Watched episode 1 last night.   I was hesitant cause I hate everything around that dramatic time, but it's so good so fuck it

Im really enjoying it, at episode 11. Something keeps nagging at me. I wish Andrew Dice Clay played Jim Belushi's part. Jim is not that great of an actor

Edited by marf

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, joshuatxuk said:

Made this for fun, been bouncing around the idea for awhile.

This is awesome, great work! And really makes me want to watch FWWM again (its been a while....)

17 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

This is awesome, great work! And really makes me want to watch FWWM again (its been a while....)

Thanks! One trailer lined up fairly well coincidentally (the first minute), I just had to tweak it a little. Second 2/3 was more edit heavy.

In case people missed the 4 hour explainer earlier posted in the thread, here's the follow-up. Or rather, two follow uppers. This time a lot shorter though. First one is close to half an hour. And the second one 80 mins or so. Doable. 

If you were critical, the first one is recommended. ?

• Like 1

yeah. worse even. this time he took a photo of lynch and put his own mouth on top of it. only one time though. right at the end of the first youtube. when he pretends to be lynch being in a creative discussion with frost. it's a bit silly. but if you were able to survive the 4 hour vid, this is a walk in the park

• Haha 1