IGNORED

May 27th - 17:00 PDT - Tomorrow's Harvest Listening Party

Dale

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That did a lot more harm than good for me.

Having heard some of these tunes will indeed the diminish the impact of an initial full-album listen.

But who cares about the first listen. It's all about the hundreds of subsequent listens IMO.

Sounds like a lot of classic BOC syth sounds on these tracks.

There is classic BoC but they added some elements on top of that strongly bring to mind vintage Jean Michael Jarre, Tangerine Dream, or Vangelis sound.

There is classic BoC but they added some elements on top of that strongly bring to mind vintage Jean Michael Jarre, Tangerine Dream, or Vangelis sound.

eh

huh? telling them at the Lake Dolores event, qaz. If you weren't there, you wouldn't have heard them say it, I guess...they didn't tweet itOh...

Oh... yeah... it makes sense now. I think it's time for me to sleep. My mind was just blown all to hell, after all.

I felt it didn't have as cohesive of a theme as Geogaddi, but still had a lot of tracks that work great on their own. The closer followed by listening to the desert wind was gorgeous.

btw I like your fashion sense. very salvatorin approved.

eh

Nah in a good way. Just very vintage very analogue synths. Sometimes used rhythmically, one track I am pretty sure had a moog sequence element. Reminded me of Phaedra.

wah wah hooplah let's wait til we hear the real thing before we form our opinions

ps i was outside for memorial day and didnt hear any of it and i dont know how to feel about it

Ok, just got back. Here are my thoughts. In general, awesome experience, the setting was perfect. As to the album I would not call BoC going back to a Geogaddi or MhtRtC style, or a combo of th two. It is definitely a logical progression from TCH although primarily from something like Oscar See Through Red Eye. They make dense, layered complex stuff now. The minimalism is gone. In some respects I like hearing their sounds with a chance to breathe. You get a little of that in the ambient interludes. That being said, Tomorrow's Harvest is an intense, detailed great ride. I mentioned earlier there were noticeable elements of extremely vintage synths (think 70s Tangerine Dream (Phaedra) of Jean Michael Jarre's Oxygen). Maybe some Bladerunner sounding Vangelis. John Carpenter has been mentioned. It's all swirling around in there.

I have a video of the first three tracks. I think the sound quality came out pretty good. Trying to figure out how to ujpload it right now.

I took notes on each track.

Gemini, Reach for the Dead, White Cyclosa - you heard them. Gemini was a perfect into track, got me in the proper mindframe for BoC.

Jacquard Causeway - Intense. When the album kicks into high gear. I really dug what I found to be almost jazzy sounding noodling on what may have been a wurlitzer. It gave a lose feel. One of highlights of album for sure.

Telepath - the darking counting voice one. I wrote "unmistakably BoC. Nice interlude track. Keeps mood intense."

Cold Earth - You've heard this one by now. A better track in its full sonic glory. I put this own down as giving me a Vangelis vibe on some of the synths.

Transmisiones Ferox - Psycaedelic, buried vocals really ddark heartbreak style bass pulse.

Sick Times - This one again had an almost jazzy feel with a vintage electric organ or piano sound. Don't know if the beat is the "dopest" but it is a hard kicking break beat. The melody parts give the feel of quick tempo that vaguely reminded me of Poppy Seed. Again with the vintage synths (something close to Oxygene sounding). Another one of the best cuts on the album.

Collapse - This is the one I think might have had a moog sequence. It reminded me of Phaedra. Deep track with a great bass line that also functions as a counter melody. Everything from Jacquard Causway to here flowed and was all excellent. As good a stretch as there is on any Boc album IMO.

Palace Posy - This one was a bit eccentric. Vaguely pizzicato string sounding melody.

Split Your Infities - This was my initial favorite track on the album. Swirling melody that morphs into what I wrote was "ominous and joyous at the same time. Holy fuck." All the great elements of a great Boc track and shows how skilled they are in their craft.

Uritual - Buzzy dissosant drone. One of better interludes I can recall and again keeps momentum from Split Your Infities.

Nothing in Real - Treated piano, retro sounding break beat. Nice track I could see this one being popular with the non-diehards but I don't mean that as a sleight.

Sundown - Very Boc synth pads, layered again with what I call the ancient analog Vangelic et all sound.

New Seeds - Creates a melody almost out of radio static. After that I thought I heard discernable guitar sound. (Sounds like what I know to be called col legno on a violin where you flip the blow and hit the strings with the wood part (used most prominently at the beginning of Holtz's Mars). Keeps buildings and immensely dense. This could be a polarizing track.

Come to Dust - "Eerie with a great laconic break beat." Also a highlight of the album for me.

Semena Mertvykh - This is more or the less the song from the trailer. The static is gone and there is instead a stunning dark and dissonant background noise. It sounds a little bit like the beginning of Metallica's "Damage Inc" but with a strong helicopter effect. I love the melody of this song. Glad it is on the album. A perfect closer really (as exit music).

I loved the album overall. Where it rates in the context of their catalog? No idea at this point. Really glad to have the experienence of the build up and then the surprise listening party. Def treat for US fans. There were probably 100 people there, some came from as far as Arizona.

Really think Warp should make downloads available now.

No disrespect to people who recorded it but after eight LONG years if waiting, who the fuck wants to listen to poor quality YouTube tracks that have been uploaded to these forums.

Congrats to those who made it to the listening party.

Archived