IGNORED

Clark - Feast / Beast

cear

Sweet jebus, that Bibio remix of Absence.

Yes Absence was already a nice track but he made it really deep and interesting.

I don't really like how this is getting treated as a studio album almost and got a tour and everything. I kinda want him to be working on and polishing his next lp.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice interview. Clark tends to say a lot more in interviews than some others and it's interesting/fun to read.

Though I have to say until that ambient piece he played during the Iradelphic workshop comes out, I will not be satisfied with the Iradelphic phase. I love it but I need that one track, it's too brilliant and beautiful not to release.

I've only listened to disc 2 once, but it honestly felt like it all blended together. I could barely tell when a track started or ended.

Thats a good thing, right?

I agree with both of these points. Think I might prefer the second CD so far, and for me the Maximo Park remix is by far the best, both as a great track in its own right and for the almighty bum-rape of such an unforgivably shit band.

I've only listened to disc 2 once, but it honestly felt like it all blended together. I could barely tell when a track started or ended.

Thats a good thing, right?

I agree with both of these points. Think I might prefer the second CD so far, and for me the Maximo Park remix is by far the best, both as a great track in its own right and for the almighty bum-rape of such an unforgivably shit band.

This made me look up the original version of the song, and...wow. That is absolutely awful. Can't believe Clark transformed that into something as badass as he did.

Very nice interview. Clark tends to say a lot more in interviews than some others and it's interesting/fun to read.

Though I have to say until that ambient piece he played during the Iradelphic workshop comes out, I will not be satisfied with the Iradelphic phase. I love it but I need that one track, it's too brilliant and beautiful not to release.

you made me curious as there is a unreleased goody i really love from his dublab set around this time... what track do you mean, where can i listen to it?

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b5rs7, 2:32

I haven't really listened to the whole 2 discs properly yet, and I know he mentions that some of these tracks have been remastered, but Hammersmashed is a bit different from the original remix. I got the white vinyl in 2005 and the arrangement's different and it's longer than on the new release. I guess they may have done this to squeeze all the tracks in or make the album flow better.

you made me curious as there is a unreleased goody i really love from his dublab set around this time... what track do you mean, where can i listen to it?

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03b5rs7, 2:32

It was around like 58 seconds or so into the Iradelphic Workshop. Really beautiful ambient with what sounds like male vocals, almost like gregorian chants.

Haven't listened to disc 2 at all yet. I share the sentiment that this is a fake release, as in I would much rather see him do another album like turning dragon or totems flare. It's a crossover album for LA Beat heads, what with all of the previous stuff that most of us have already being included.

That said, Disc 1 is fantastic and I have been listening to it every time I am in the car. And for $10 from amazon prime, who can complain? Some of it is so good that I am not going to talk about it at all.

The stuff he has done this year, which makes up a lot of the album, shows him returning to the strongest elements of his sound. I'm really happy about it.

The problem is just that, you have tracks like that Kuedo remix from 2011, which blew me away when I first heard it on that EP, but he isn't taking that as a theme and turning it into an album which is what he did on previous efforts, namely Turning Dragon. That is what excites me most about an album: a concept realized as fully as possible, not a playlist ala Foals. I know Feast/Beast isn't that, but it annoys me that people seem to be buzzing a lot like it is his best album yet. Dumb.

Still, fantastic.

It's odd that as big of a Clark fan as I am (at least pre-Iradelphic), I still haven't listened to this. I put it in an album shuffle list on Spotify so I've heard a few tracks, but I haven't really been in the mood to just put it on. I guess it's most likely attributable to it being a remix album, and a double one at that. I don't expect it to be cohesive, and I expect it too be more than I would really want. Also I guess I haven't listened to that much electronic music lately. Though I did listen to the new machinedrum. But again, that's an album versus a collection of remixes.

:shrug:

The tracks I've heard were nice though.

It's odd that as big of a Clark fan as I am (at least pre-Iradelphic), I still haven't listened to this.

I haven't got as far as even buying it - it's the latter era Clark that's delayed my impulsiveness to get it in the near future.

It's odd that as big of a Clark fan as I am (at least pre-Iradelphic), I still haven't listened to this.

I haven't got as far as even buying it - it's the latter era Clark that's delayed my impulsiveness to get it in the near future.

I haven't bought it either and hadn't really considered it. It's on Spotify. I'll buy his next LP if it's more exciting than the last.

Archived