IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

Guest Zelmo Swift

yeah isn't vaporware just another term for development hell? wasn't the phrase coined by microsoft in the 80s? i don't understand how it has anything to do with "vaporwave", which is a fucking stupid name for a genre. almost as bad as idm.

wait, i literally didn't know it was vapor'wave' until my wife just pointed it out. holy shit i must be autistic or something because this entire time i swear i was reading vapor'ware' wow

I thought you were doing it on purpose in refusal to use the term "vaporwave" ! lol

still don't get it. i mean, i get what vaporware is, i just don't understand why a music genre is being illustrated visually. and those are all just late 80s/early 90s "future" designs, not really inherent to vaporware. all this leads me to believe, much like r plus 7, that this is a load of shit.

Maybe it's related to the way "seapunk" started as a twitter joke and exploded out into it's own strange aesthetic that manifested visually, sonically, and um....ideologically? I think "chillwave" did the same thing a few years earlier, only it started as music and that "vibe" transferred to other media.

It's the internet age where memes take on lives of their own through human imagination. You can't really pin down and define things like this anymore because it means something slightly different to whoever you're talking to.

It's nothing to get upset about.

It doesn't mean it's bullshit either.

It's just fleeting ethereal thought-forms in the matrix of human instrumentality. Or something.

And R+7 is not a load of shit, it is a cohesive, conceptual artistic statement based on vague ideas and feelings.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah isn't vaporware just another term for development hell? wasn't the phrase coined by microsoft in the 80s? i don't understand how it has anything to do with "vaporwave", which is a fucking stupid name for a genre. almost as bad as idm.

wait, i literally didn't know it was vapor'wave' until my wife just pointed it out. holy shit i must be autistic or something because this entire time i swear i was reading vapor'ware' wow

*dyslexic

more like just utterly fucking retarded, holy shit guys i'm really embarrassed. How come no one corrected me? How could you guys let me look so foolish. fuck

Not sure if this was mentioned (nothing showed up in search), but that album artwork rang a bell...

3m26s more precisely. :cisfor:

EDIT: http://remainsstreet.com/post/53757515034/i-designed-the-artwork-for-the-new-oneohtrix-point

With permission even.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/79433-oneohtrix-point-never-r-plus-seven/page-14?do=findComment&comment=2054406 :wink:

*dyslexic

more like just utterly fucking retarded, holy shit guys i'm really embarrassed. How come no one corrected me? How could you guys let me look so foolish. fuck

Could have sworn it was on purpose. Either way I don't like how this thread has become a rehash of the vaporwave thread. I like this OPN album but that doesn't mean that I can discuss what genre names like "chillwave", "hypnagogic pop", "glo-fi" or "vaporwave" mean with a straight face.

*dyslexic

i think this thread has had an affect on you.

lol

But really awepittance, I have NOT noticed you kept writing "vaporware" because you've been on point in discussion. It's just one letter difference.

guys serious question now:

i'm amazed this sorta stuff happens and even if the artistic merits are shallow, it is great that inetrnet stuff gets mangled artistically in these ways!

but also i feel like some old twat, everyone seems to know this is the cool new shit and i'm like... waaaaat? late to the party again?!?

can you recommend a RSS feed or a usenet place which alerts you when special new musical genres like this pops up?

Guest Zelmo Swift

Not sure if this was mentioned (nothing showed up in search), but that album artwork rang a bell...

3m26s more precisely. :cisfor:

EDIT: http://remainsstreet.com/post/53757515034/i-designed-the-artwork-for-the-new-oneohtrix-point

With permission even.

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/79433-oneohtrix-point-never-r-plus-seven/page-14?do=findComment&comment=2054406 :wink:

*dyslexic

Could have sworn it was on purpose. Either way I don't like how this thread has become a rehash of the vaporwave thread. I like this OPN album but that doesn't mean that I can discuss what genre names like "chillwave", "hypnagogic pop", "glo-fi" or "vaporwave" mean with a straight face.

There is a discussion taking place on this discussion forum.

Do you just drop in on threads to throw your judgments down to us peasants from the high tower of your Belgian castle?

Guest Zelmo Swift

What does my nationality have to do with anything?

I don't know what it has to do with the way you feel the need to shit on other people's conversations that you're not a part of.

Your nationality is merely part of the image in my mind of you, alone, looking down on the world with contempt and self-righteousness.

Guest jasondonervan

One from the vaults:

This was one of my favourite OPN fan-made videos going back, which I recently noticed was no longer online for reasons unknown. Fortunately I had saved a copy of it long ago, so I've popped it back up. On the slim chance that someone here knows who originally edited the archive.org source videos to such great effect, let me know and I'll add credit where credit is most definitely due.

I hope I can serious on the forums so soon. I have things to say, but no elegant way of putting them. Into words?

I mean, this and that, vaporwave yes yes yes and yes, so'e, lemme think.

I just gonna need some detox, some canna, keep up the c-vit and start the modified citrus pectin, pay all my bills, get a german account, postpone the student fee payment, and pray as hell for me to pass the exams.

(also praying the car to hold, to survive, not be stupid, arrange internet, have the moneys. thank you lord/lords and other guiders.)

Thank you.

So OPN yeah pretty nice styles, he def got something goin.

But im still waiting for bigger players of the game.

Peace.

One from the vaults:

This was one of my favourite OPN fan-made videos going back, which I recently noticed was no longer online for reasons unknown. Fortunately I had saved a copy of it long ago, so I've popped it back up. On the slim chance that someone here knows who originally edited the archive.org source videos to such great effect, let me know and I'll add credit where credit is most definitely due.

Thanks for reposting that video. It's one of my all-time favorites for one of my all-time favorite OPN tracks. Skate or Die!

One from the vaults:

lush shit right there

Archived