IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

I was initially a bit disappointed the surprise was only track names but now I'm pretty pleased, it makes the whole release that bit more complete. Now I'm just wondering if the album ever had a title too?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad the "surprise" costs an additional 13$. I'm fine with just the music, thanks. Was hoping for more music. Guess I'll have to wait... And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait...And............

The "surprise" was the track names... originally, Richard wasn't going to bother with digging up the track names, but he went through the effort to do so.

He really does care, even if he doesn't come off like that (and for $67K he better fucking care)

srsly though, so does anyone remember back in the days of the old Hyperreal RDJ discographies? Caustic Window album track titles were described as something like "the track listing is erroneous", then we came to find out later that Phlaps and Cunt were some of the tracks so it made sense in that way, but all to no real truth in the end.

Edited by SPD²

Joyrex, if I may respectfully offer a hindsight-fueled feedback, if you would have said specifically that the release would contain RDJ's original track titles but kept the actual titles under wraps until the release, you would have generated some excitement still but avoided unnecesary speculation. :-)

LOL, I didn't know they were going to supply the track names until I got the files! I was as surprised as anyone!

did the surprise turn out to be what you thought it would be? the digipak wasn't really a surprise to me since I'd been reading the CW Art thread.

Well, I was never promised any "surprises" per se - that was a bit of Joyrexian Hype™ on my part :emotawesomepm9:

:cerious:

Well... I dont think you have to contextualize this or have in mind that its old, Aphex learning or whatever, its just a great album. One of the better releases Ive heard 2014 so far, which is a bit sad though (and im not even that big an aphex fan and we dont go way back, so no nostalgia either).

Well... I dont think you have to contextualize this or have in mind that its old, Aphex learning or whatever, its just a great album. One of the better releases Ive heard 2014 so far, which is a bit sad though (and im not even that big an aphex fan and we dont go way back, so no nostalgia either).

Glad to read your post. Maybe the album has a wider appeal than I thought and that's great. I love it! But I can also understand that others can't see what's so special about this album. It's a very dated album for one thing. It's possible to look at it from different perspectives. To each his own story with afx. Any fave tracks?

many of you made ​​reference to Tango N' Vectif, but not to Cylobian Sunset/Diof '97 (my favorite Cylob's album)

yeah much prefer cylobian sunset over tango n vectif, great album

Massfreekid for me stand out tracks would be revpok, fingertrips, squidge..., fingry, mumbly. I think it flows pretty good overall though, dont like jazzphase though.

I dont know about wider appeal though, i mainly listen to ae and drexciya. Lol. And usally prefer older Aphex, i was goin to nag about that advanced/complex compositions be better crap as well. I think his earlier stuff is more interesting. :)

I mean on a side note I find venetian snares doll doll doll fantastic and most of his other stuff unengaging, some times impressive but nothing more. (Do love Rossz Csillag though)... Oh im rambling again!

I dont know about wider appeal though, i mainly listen to ae and drexciya. Lol. And usally prefer older Aphex, i was goin to nag about that advanced/complex compositions be better crap as well. I think his earlier stuff is more interesting. :)

mhmm... i'm not sure, 'cause it's ever interesting all aphex does actually, it's his evolution which is interesting... i also prefer older aphex, but I think it should not neglect his last works as drukqs...

At first I was scared that the tracks we knew were on the LP would be the only good ones, but now they're actually my last favorite...

Fingertrips is amazing, that part at 1:30 :music:

Fluety, Squidge in the fridge, Airflow and Revpok are also pretty neat.

Mumbly isn't bad, but a bit overrated in my opinion.

The more this album grows on me the less I actually care about a new afx release. The guy has already released so much good music throughout his career, I sometimes feel it would be greedy to ask for more. It took me like 4 years to listen to most of the tracks available to the public and some of them I wouldn't even recognize anymore, because there are just so many...

In short, in my opinion CWLP is one of his best works and it was absolutely worth the money. :emotawesomepm9: