IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

Completely. Compositionally, the Analord stuff is wonderful, but it sounds so clean and polished... a lot of what I love about earlier Aphex is the sound of it, the curiously lo-fi feel to even the better produced tracks, and the scrapbook feel to the range of different sounds and approaches he had back then.

(Also probably why I'm less excited about MFM and AB5... for me, ICBYD was a transitional album from 'artist I love' to 'artist I quite like').

Anyway, yeah, this is fucking excellent.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eMLU4qsl8tM.jpg

Anybody got that afx interview scan snippet where he was ask about synaestesia and he answered that Sean Booth can see colors from 101 cv output jack in his mouth on acid?

Completely. Compositionally, the Analord stuff is wonderful, but it sounds so clean and polished... a lot of what I love about earlier Aphex is the sound of it, the curiously lo-fi feel to even the better produced tracks, and the scrapbook feel to the range of different sounds and approaches he had back then.

(Also probably why I'm less excited about MFM and AB5... for me, ICBYD was a transitional album from 'artist I love' to 'artist I quite like').

mmmm. i think the trouble, is that you cannot just stagnate and keep churning out the same old sound. i'm sure he could do millions of permutations of his older sound but it wouldn't be a challenge. All his work is amazing. i think his recent stuff retains his style, and pushes the boundaries in different ways. (how the melodies present themselves and morph into other melodies etc)

Love the new caustic window, can't stop listening!

Bresthtaking album.....so nice to hear mumbly after all those years of enjoying the live version on that oz rephlex show....and I thought it was a cylob track ....revtok, rainbows are the only other dj'd tracks in the available live sets right? (haven't checked old trout set yet)

Oz Rephlex show? I only know that Belgian version one?

Revpok was played at STRP 2009, right before he dropped Cunt as well. I remember going absolutely nuts when those dropped, although I thought the Revtok track was some sort of LFO (Track 4) / Autechre mashup, but it was marked as an old AFX track when the tracklist of that recording was being made on watmm.

Rephlex showcase Australia with mumbly

breathtaking my ass! This album was made back in the day (obviously) and it is quite apparent afx was still on a learning curve. A lot of the tracks are quite poor, about 2 decent enough tracks on it. However, I wasn't expecting much myself due to how old the tracks were. Breath taking it is not, fanboys are so annoying!

so are cunts

mmmm. i think the trouble, is that you cannot just stagnate and keep churning out the same old sound. i'm sure he could do millions of permutations of his older sound but it wouldn't be a challenge. All his work is amazing. i think his recent stuff retains his style, and pushes the boundaries in different ways. (how the melodies present themselves and morph into other melodies etc)

Oh, I agree - I'm certainly not criticising him for making changes (and I still rate Analord / The Tuss as some of the best electronic music of the last ten years). It's just especially exciting to get 'new' music from his earlier era, as it's great to hear my favourite side of him again...

Some great tracks on that CW LP, it's funny that there are some influences (industrial/ easy listening also) that did really disappear on the "recent" Drukqs/ Analord / Tuss tracks.

this

Oh, I agree - I'm certainly not criticising him for making changes (and I still rate Analord / The Tuss as some of the best electronic music of the last ten years). It's just especially exciting to get 'new' music from his earlier era, as it's great to hear my favourite side of him again...

yeah. quite trippy to get new old music! bet his archives are riddled with similar treats! :)

Bresthtaking album.....so nice to hear mumbly after all those years of enjoying the live version on that oz rephlex show....and I thought it was a cylob track ....revtok, rainbows are the only other dj'd tracks in the available live sets right? (haven't checked old trout set yet)

Oz Rephlex show? I only know that Belgian version one?

Revpok was played at STRP 2009, right before he dropped Cunt as well. I remember going absolutely nuts when those dropped, although I thought the Revtok track was some sort of LFO (Track 4) / Autechre mashup, but it was marked as an old AFX track when the tracklist of that recording was being made on watmm.

Good catch on SRTP 2009... around 44 mins in..... I'm amazed and thrilled that this was the second set i managed to record with that track! (see oxegen)

The LP is a 3/5 album imo. I'm not going to romanticize the notion of it being ''oh ever so awesome'' just because of the weird way us buffoons got our hands on it. It's alright. Some decent tracks, some not so good ones. It's an album which teases the listener.

breathtaking my ass! This album was made back in the day (obviously) and it is quite apparent afx was still on a learning curve. A lot of the tracks are quite poor, about 2 decent enough tracks on it. However, I wasn't expecting much myself due to how old the tracks were. Breath taking it is not, fanboys are so annoying!

Man your right ! Just finished listening to it.

I expected a lot more after reading pages of little girlie screaming how breathtaking fantastic this album is . I woud say its mediocre and not a shit more, Be positve as my grandpaw told me ;

Talking about another unreleased; Analogue Bubblebath 5 ! There is some really genius going on there like A1, B2 and B3 . The last one is pure beauty ! But this release its nothing special but ofcourse it was fun to go through.

And i'm pissed off that AFX Tribal Kiks stops after a minute because that tune was going places. WTF?!!

Aphex has the 10 min hardcore mix somwhere in his archives, im sure. Edited by MIXL2

Too bad the "surprise" costs an additional 13$. I'm fine with just the music, thanks. Was hoping for more music. Guess I'll have to wait... And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait..And wait...And............

Guest Phonejack

And i'm pissed off that AFX Tribal Kiks stops after a minute because that tune was going places. WTF?!!

I have a feeling it was created with the sole intent of being remixed and looped live. It's very bare. Even the title makes it sound like it was supposed to be a tool for live performances.

Edited by Phonejack

Guest jasondonervan

I have a feeling it was created with the sole intent of being remixed and looped live. It's very bare. Even the title makes it sound like it was supposed to be a tool for live performances.

I was thinking of clobbering an extended mix together myself, there are just enough elements to put together a longer floor-stomping beast.