IGNORED

The Caustic Window LP (CAT023) Kickstarter FAQ - LIVE NOW!

Joyrex

"101 Rainbows - i refuse to believe this is an afx song, i already erased from my memory 0/10"

Quite a statement. How is it not?

Very good melody in that 101 rainbows, sort of reminded me of polygon window for some reason. In general though the album reminded me more of ICBYD though, which is saying a lot since that is such a class record.

Actually reminded me more of vintage BOC (due to the SH-101 no doubt)...
boc+aphex

I can dream.

Edited by MIXL2

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Papillon

"101 Rainbows - i refuse to believe this is an afx song, i already erased from my memory 0/10"

Very good melody in that 101 rainbows, sort of reminded me of polygon window for some reason. In general though the album reminded me more of ICBYD though, which is saying a lot since that is such a class record.

Oh yeah I hadn't thought of that vintage BOC huh ...I was really surprised how fresh the album sounds I guess the really top quality releases are a bit timeless. This whole event has been cool it's neat to be part of this forum for cool stuff like this.

boc+aphex

I can dream.

That'd be so dope...

Oh yeah I hadn't thought of that vintage BOC huh ...I was really surprised how fresh the album sounds I guess the really top quality releases are a bit timeless. This whole event has been cool it's neat to be part of this forum for cool stuff like this.

boc+aphex

I can dream.

That'd be so dope...
Im trying to compare 101 rainbows to hiscores(old tunes).

god, do I love boc.

Edited by MIXL2

boc+aphex

I can dream.

That'd be so dope...

god, do I love boc.

is it too farfetched to say 101 rainbow is a BOB mix of an afx track?

Guest Papillon

boc+aphex

I can dream.

That'd be so dope...

god, do I love boc.

BOB mix = LOL

Boards of Bob

Edited by Papillon

Guest Calx Sherbet

just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made this release possible. i like how it really encompasses his entire early career with sounds reminiscent of Classics, CW, PW, SAW, UI, etc...

i enjoyed this album IMMENSELY, and it surpassed my already high expectations.

boc+aphex

I can dream.

That'd be so dope...

god, do I love boc.

BOB mix = LOL

Boards of Bob

box.jpg

Damn I'll be the only one who's disappointed so

Except a few ones which are fine, most of it would have been forever forgotten on an anonymous Bandcamp :/ See this, could have completely match as unreleased aphex, no one gives a fuck in 20 years...

Just because it's "Aphex" stamped, it's all good and marvellous, like the name take over the music, very very disappointing to me

This confirmed I can only rely on Ae for my high hopes ;)

*Quickly leaving before the shitstorm*

Guest jasondonervan

Except a few ones which are fine, most of it would have been forever forgotten on an anonymous Bandcamp :/ See this, could have completely match as unreleased aphex, no one gives a fuck in 20 years...

Just because it's "Aphex" stamped, it's all good and marvellous, like the name take over the music, very very disappointing to me

Naughty Belgians

Aprilheights is a band, is not Richard himself... sorry & yes it sounds like some aphex twin... but as Rubber Johnny - JamRolyPoly, sounds like aphex twin but it's not him.

Aprilheights is a band, is not Richard himself... sorry & yes it sounds like some aphex twin... but as Rubber Johnny - JamRolyPoly, sounds like aphex twin but it's not him.

Sherlock seemingly didn't get 1) I wasn't mentioning Aprilheights as an afx alias, ahem... 2) the whole message

Edited by ilt17

Bresthtaking album.....so nice to hear mumbly after all those years of enjoying the live version on that oz rephlex show....and I thought it was a cylob track ....revtok, rainbows are the only other dj'd tracks in the available live sets right? (haven't checked old trout set yet)

This is really good! Agree with people saying its better than the CW Comp. Awesome job on the vinyl rip as well. Good work Joyrex for making this happen!

breathtaking my ass! This album was made back in the day (obviously) and it is quite apparent afx was still on a learning curve. A lot of the tracks are quite poor, about 2 decent enough tracks on it. However, I wasn't expecting much myself due to how old the tracks were. Breath taking it is not, fanboys are so annoying!

Bresthtaking album.....so nice to hear mumbly after all those years of enjoying the live version on that oz rephlex show....and I thought it was a cylob track ....revtok, rainbows are the only other dj'd tracks in the available live sets right? (haven't checked old trout set yet)

Oz Rephlex show? I only know that Belgian version one?

Revpok was played at STRP 2009, right before he dropped Cunt as well. I remember going absolutely nuts when those dropped, although I thought the Revtok track was some sort of LFO (Track 4) / Autechre mashup, but it was marked as an old AFX track when the tracklist of that recording was being made on watmm.

breathtaking my ass! This album was made back in the day (obviously) and it is quite apparent afx was still on a learning curve. A lot of the tracks are quite poor, about 2 decent enough tracks on it. However, I wasn't expecting much myself due to how old the tracks were. Breath taking it is not, fanboys are so annoying!

This being part of his learning curve is a major part of the appeal imo, you hear elements of other tracks everywhere in this album (the SAW 85-92 percussion, etc.). Just like the other older stuff (MFM, that other tape) and it gives more insight in the process and his way of thinking back in the day.

For myself, I'm absolutely loving this for the simple fact that I've listened to his older stuff for so long now, it's unreal to hear these elements again, but in a new context. And to have even a few really good tracks on it is more then I could ask for. I'm mostly suprised by the variation in styles, there's obvious CW tracks, Polygon Window, GAK, AB5, older AFX (AB3) tracks. All leftovers from all those projects into one.

I don't think anyone saying this is breathtaking is saying it according to 2014's electronic music standards. You have to contextualize the album to enjoy it. It probably was made between 85 and 93. Within that frame of time, it is breathtaking music. And for old-school fans from the 90's, it's a great nostalgic experience. What is so annoying about that?

Some great tracks on that CW LP, it's funny that there are some influences (industrial/ easy listening also) that did really disappear on the "recent" Drukqs/ Analord / Tuss tracks.

Some great tracks on that CW LP, it's funny that there are some influences (industrial/ easy listening also) that did really disappear on the "recent" Drukqs/ Analord / Tuss tracks.

yeah, that's the reason I'm not as big on the analord/tuss stuff as the early releases. Not enough gritty/distorted sounds!