IGNORED

Worst Album You Own ... ?

Terpentintollwut

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In general I think the worst album I own is probably Raditude by Weezer. Back when I was all about that alternative geek rock, I was still up high from the Red Album and thought the next album would be just as good. What was I even thinking?

In general I think the worst album I own is probably Raditude by Weezer. Back when I was all about that alternative geek rock, I was still up high from the Red Album and thought the next album would be just as good. What was I even thinking?

oh jeez in that vein, I think Sky Blue Sky by Wilco is the worst album I own. What a gigantic letdown!! turned off after guitar solo in the opener sounded like weather on the 8's.

I'd sincerely say Sgt Pepper, but I can't be bothered with the flak I'd receive. So I'll just whisper it gently instead. That album is really terrible. I think even a lot of Beatle fans dislike it and prefer Revolver.

oh jeez in that vein, I think Sky Blue Sky by Wilco is the worst album I own. What a gigantic letdown!! turned off after the opener sounded like weather on the 8's.

I don't know why I didn't clock out when I heard they were doing a song with Lil Wayne of all people

listen muchacho, given the embarrassing admissions I've made in this thread, I think it's clear who is the better authority on pure shite fyi.

listen here boss, given that I am a complete piece of shite as a person I think it's clear I know so much more than you and also am quite better. so, I think we both know you owe me an apology. Un fucking berevaru.

k soz

new thread: worst album you've found in your parents' house.

hah, probably some Bob Marley greatest hits in my dad's collection (when he was into reggae for 5 minutes) or in my mum's case, a later Powderfinger album. Generally though my parents' taste in music is alright.

actually I could probably still listen to that album and enjoy it.

A-PARDON MEEEEEEEE WHILE I BURRRRRRRRST

INTOOOOOOOO FLAMES

I'd sincerely say Sgt Pepper, but I can't be bothered with the flak I'd receive. So I'll just whisper it gently instead. That album is really terrible. I think even a lot of Beatle fans dislike it and prefer Revolver.

That is madness, my friend. Madness.

Seriously. 1) What don't you like about it? 2) I'm surprised you know a lot of Beatles fans that also dislike Sgt. Peppers.

It's got 2 of my top 5 Beatles tunes on it: benefit of mr. Kite and within you without you. /我两分钱

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INTOOOOOOOO FLAMES

yeah, it's definitely not going to knock crazy town (flol still) out of the running.

COME MY LAITIE YOU'RE MY PRETTY BABY I MAKE YOUR LEG SHAKE U MAKE ME GO CRAZY

Seriously. 1) What don't you like about it? 2) I'm surprised you know a lot of Beatles fans that also dislike Sgt. Peppers.

It's got 2 of my top 5 Beatles tunes on it: benefit of mr. Kite and within you without you. /我两分钱

literally the worst two beatles songs and the main offenders. sgt peppers is mostly trash save for she's leaving home

literally the worst two beatles songs and the main offenders. sgt peppers is mostly trash save for she's leaving home

Literally!

INTOOOOOOOO FLAMES

yeah, it's definitely not going to knock crazy town (flol still) out of the running.

oh god, lol. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I thought I was the only one who heard it this way

Make-Yourself.jpg

heh, we must have had such parallels when it came to nu-metal. Except instead of Incubus and Crazy Town I was mostly into Spineshank and Mudvayne. I still love Mudvayne's album LD-50 though. It's as transcendental as Deftones, imo.. and I checked out Spineshank's recent output not too long ago; they're not bad!

Spineshank are still going? wow

yeah, I was listening to heaps of Deftones round about the time as well - White Pony especially. I didn't include them here because I think they're several cuts above most of the other bands they got lumped in with.

edit: my friend also got me into a bunch of the more leftfield punk bands like Voodoo Glow Skulls, Less Than Jake, Lagwagon, etc. VGS were hilarious to me

I agree, the Beatles are a shit band.

imo

INTOOOOOOOO FLAMES

oh god, lol. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I thought I was the only one who heard it this way

Oh god... I'd forgotten about that song! *dies*

Upon searching around for a copy of Merzbow's Music for Bondage Performance I found this gem on Amazon:

51jdAGROpQL._SL500_SY300_.jpg

Couldn't find a copy to pirate anywhere for some reason to ease my curiosity after seeing that beauty of an album cover, so I ended up shilling out the $1 + shipping to see what lay beneath its glorious facade. Turns out the Slappin' Mammies feat. the Reverend Jesse Jolson' Blackface in Bondage is a bunch of '90s indie alt-rock/punk covers of vaudeville tunes. And it didn't even have the decency to be incredibly awful in quality. It was all so much more middling than it needed to be.

• 3 months later...

Archived