Consul

5 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

There's also a laser-etched first edition of the vinyl available as well...

It says the sleeve is laser cut, I see no mention of etching at all. Unless it says that elsewhere.

Some more info from the warp email, mentions some stuff he used:

Ahead of the album, a double A-side ‘Vortrack’ 12" will be released on 6 December, featuring the album track and Squarepusher’s Fracture Remix - first dropped during his brain-melting breakbeat and jungle set for the WXAXRXP x NTS takeover in June. Both tracks are available to hear now below.

‘Be Up A Hello’ sees Tom Jenkinson (Squarepusher) return to using a bewildering array of vintage analogue and digital hardware, the same equipment that first helped him develop his sound in the early '90s. Something of a 180 degree turn, these synths, effects units and even a Commodore Vic20 are in complete contrast to the tools he used to create 2015’s ‘Damogen Furies’ - cutting edge software that Tom developed over the course of 15 years.

The result is an album celebratory with rinsing breakbeat floor fillers, as well pieces loaded with visceral atmosphere and melody in Squarepusher’s inimitable style, and darker moments that illustrate Tom's continuing fascination with finely balanced psychological overload. As such, ‘Be Up A Hello’ gives a nod to the mayhem, joyousness and abandon of the DIY Essex rave scene that was a strong determinant in Tom's work.

4 minutes ago, Stock said:

Vortrack is lit, sounds like a twisted Venus no 17

The remix made me think of Venus right away.

Listening to the original now, and I've definitely lost the one.  3:40 in, and I have no idea where the groove lies.  Oh, it's finally emerging to my brain... kind of.  Nope.  This will be one that reveals itself several listens in.  My brain definitely did not interpret that beat correctly.

6 minutes ago, MisterE said:

lovin how the vortrack vinyl is $15 for one track that's not also on the album

At least it's only $6 extra if you buy it as a bundle with the album.

• Consul changed the title to Be Up A Hello [2020]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By perunamuusi
      Couldn't see this anywhere.
      Apologies if Jazz (bass)
      Also playing a warm up at the Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath on the 22nd though not listed below

Should be an absolute belter at that pub gig
    • By mause
      interested to try and catch this one, unreleased spymania bits from the whole gang (and hopefully spoosher!)..anyone got the wherewithal to record it and back it up? i might not be able to catch it 😞 
    • By ARPA
      Squarepusher’s sonic masterpiece and debut mind-melter of an LP Feed Me Weird Things returns, reissued on double vinyl for the first time since its release on the 3rd of June 1996. Originally released on Rephlex, Aphex Twin himself noted on the sleeve notes of the original that Squarepusher makes “sound like sound never sounded before… Squarepusher gives us the SOUND of SOUND.” Now released on Warp 25 years later, the original album has been remastered from the original DATs and features two extra tracks on a 10 which were first released on the B-side of the Squarepusher Plays… EP and later featured on the original Japanese release of this album. The edition also includes a 16 page booklet with personal photographs, ephemera and notes from Tom Jenkinson, giving us an insight into his early career and into a time of true experimentation and innovation during the mid-90s.
      To say it was ‘ahead of its time’ feels unsatisfactory, and almost chronologically inaccurate - the wild array of styles it blends makes Feed Me Weird Things seem to exist in a time and space continuum all of its own. Maybe there really were UFOs over Leytonstone?
      Using the nascent energy and wildly experimental drum programming of jungle as its main rhythmic driving force, Feed Me Weird Things is celebrated for the way it was able to blend and cross-pollinate genres so effectively. Jazz, instrumental dub, trip-hop, UK hardcore, ambient synthesis, seventies cop funk and even a kind of mangled bossa nova are all tied magically together, transcending into a sound uniquely his own.
      Without delving into the many highlights and moments on the record, it serves as both a snapshot of one of the most vital, experimental periods in the history of UK electronic music and how the young Tom Jenkinson was pushing the boundaries of electronic music, into something well and truly weird, feeding into the canon of electronic music that resonated on into that decade and beyond.

https://bleep.com/squarepusher-feed-me-weird-things-warp?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Exclusive+|+Squarepusher+-+Feed+Me+Weird+Things+(Warp)+|+Limited+Edition+Merchandise+|+Just+Announced&utm_campaign=Squarepusher+-+Feed+Me+Weird+Things+(Warp)&vgo_ee=X%2Ff68E0cbmDQVqNOqFxmzxwUnRnlmwiuCIJkd9A7F3A%3D
    • By Joyrex
      https://www.etsy.com/listing/893346062/led-full-face-mask-new-larger

• By justanotheruser
      Album entirely recorded using archaic recording devices. 
      Any thoughts?