IGNORED

CAT 023 Ebay Auction Is LIVE

Joyrex

Another interesting tidbit from our conversation:

Richard: gunna release a lot of my old back catalogue in the nr future on Warp.

Me: So you're planning on releasing some of your back catalogue on WARP? I recall the last time we spoke (when I made you aware of that cassette that was taped off one of your DATs got circulated around), you were saying something similar - are there any concrete plans in the works?

Richard: -yeah but theses just so much of it, and the effort of getting the right master, best transfer, mastering etc, its even harder than it used to be coz im more anal -now, +id always just rather make new stuff which im always doin, used to just chuck stuff out and make mistakes etc..i keep finding better copies of loads of -released stuff etc. woops..

-saying that time seems right now as ive been listening to me old stuff loads recently and its fun trying out different playlists of all this stuff+not listened to -some of it -in years which is nice for being bit more objective,

-new shit is imminent :)

Sounds quite good to be true, can't wait.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sooo, is he saying that he's releasing stuff from his back catalog in conjunction with the 'new shit is imminent' thing,or is he mentioning releasing old stuff separately, and perhaps new stuff on Rephlex? I'm assuming he's just going to focus on releasing old stuff?

Makes me wonder how 'old' The Tuss stuff was, or Analord when he decided to release it. I'm assuming.. assuming that The Tuss stuff was circa 2005, and analord was 2001-2005.

Well, it was email, but not in the traditional way one would get an email... that's all I will say - answering that leads to more questions, more answers that get into secret stuff territory, etc.

Suffice to say, if Richard's statements hold true, then 2014 will finally see new Aphex Twin (or some other alias) material!

It was a PM on here right? Or you got an email from an old out of use mailing list unexpectedly.

Well, it was email, but not in the traditional way one would get an email... that's all I will say - answering that leads to more questions, more answers that get into secret stuff territory, etc.

Suffice to say, if Richard's statements hold true, then 2014 will finally see new Aphex Twin (or some other alias) material!

It was a PM on here right? Or you got an email from an old out of use mailing list unexpectedly.

I reckon he had to meet up with him in the online GTA V, aphex parked up in a white hummer and the code to communicate was when windowlicker come on the radio. talking through gamer headsets hence all the "-" and "+" business

i hope he is talking about new old shit and not old old shit

I understand back catalogue as previously released material, out of print or not. And it sounds like he has found better sources and/or versions of a lot of the tracks from his old releases.

I understand back catalogue as previously released material, out of print or not. And it sounds like he has found better sources and/or versions of a lot of the tracks from his old releases.

Ooooooh, re-releases........it was too good to be true.

After he says he is re-releasing his back catalogue, he says PS New Shit is Imminent.

So I think we're still good.

After he says he is re-releasing his test pressings, he says PS New Shit is Imminent.

So I think we're still good.

Even mentioned the "quite good" thing which literally made me laugh out loud when I read it - made a very funny joke out of it actually... Richard's a good guy!

What's this about?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/25156-joyrex-aphex-falling-out/

Thanks! :ok:

astounded with the news from RDJ->Joyrex.

a s t o u n d e d

Btw,, Joyrex you mentioned Metz n Manchester.. but what about the Minehead track...... ? Its the 3 M's man!

No I don't think it necessarily means previously released stuff. I'm hoping for new old as well. Fingers crossed.

the more i read it, the more i think its his own back catalogue rather than warps back catalogue

we can live in hope

Depends on what Richard considers his back catalogue... he might consider all the stuff he's ever gotten close to releasing as part of HIS catalogue...

I'd love:

...ICBYD - Complete Edition (2CD with all the outtake tracks)

Selected Ambient Works - Complete Edition (4CD with every SAW2 track... all 29+ of them)

Melodies From Mars - (8+ track CD, remastered with additional tracks)

Mind the Gap EP

PowerPill 2

yeah im very curious about that mind the gap ep you talked about. only heard about that one recently, same for the powerpill 2 would that be ms pacman haha

my choices would be

any additional saw85-92 and saw 2 tracks

any other gak stuff

other polygon window

other ICBYD

those 'old trout' tracks

then would always be cool to hear what he's up to these days

My guess asswel, probably turtle? Who the hell is he anyway??

I'll buy whatever he puts out cause, statistically, there's like a 99% chance I'm gonna get my money's worth. But I've had enough of Aphex's analogue stuff. Gimme more RDJ / druqks era stuff, please. Laptop Aphex > Analogue Aphex all day every day.

REMOVE ANALOGUE remove analogue
you are worst afx. you are the afx idiot you are the afx smell. return to rephlex. to our rephlex cousins you may come our label. you may live in the zoo….ahahahaha ,analogue afx we will never forgeve you. cetnik rascal FUck but fuck asshole afx stink caustic sqhipere shqipare..analogue genocide best day of my life. take a bath of dead synths..ahahahahahCYLOB WE WILL GET YOU!! do not forget "quite good" .autechre we kill the king , autechre return to your precious SKAM….hahahahaha idiot afx and ceephax smell so bad..wow i can smell it. REMOVE ANALOGUE AFX FROM THE PREMISES. you will get caught. drukqs+windowlicker+rdj album+HAB=kill analogue bubblebath… Aphex alive in serbia, Aphex making album on laptop . fast beats Aphex WARP. we are rich and have gold now hahahaha ha because of Aphex… you are ppoor stink Rephlex… you live in a hovel hahahaha, you live in a yurt

Aphex alive numbr one #1 in WARP ….fuck the Rephlex ,..FUCKk ashol Rephlex no good i spit in the mouth eye of ur label. Aphex aliv and real strong wizard kill all the analogue farm aminal with breakbeats magic now we the label rule .ape of the zoo presidant georg bush fukc the great satan and lay egg this egg hatch and Rephlex wa;s born. stupid baby form the eggn give bak our clay we will crush u lik a skull of pig. Laptop Aphex greattst Aphex

Archived