IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp.

I have never been so excited about a five year old. /deadpan

Sounds like the prophecy is coming true.

you have access to all the gear, you're 16 years-old and your dad is god. he's sleeping, mama too, you go to a party and kill the dancefloor djing some of the old man's unreleased gems.

you're 22 now, papa showed you how to use the machines, you're starting to get as skilled as him. the year is 2028, robots are replacing humans, papa richard got cloned.

2046: afx is the new wagner, he's got his own festspielhaus. rushup edge has become a place of pilgrimage for fans all over the world.

2053: death of aphex twin. the heritage is yours, the clone is making some of the finest tunes ever heard by human ears. you have the power to change the world, but you take too much cocaine and you die. afx's clone is still there, he has no conscience but keeps doing gigs and releasing albums.

2101: afx's clone controls the earth, drukqs 2 is out on warp. humans kill themselves when they hear the music.

10044: it was all a dream and you were in a coma for 8000 years. you look at yourself in a mirror and what do you see: you are actually harry potter.

Both Pitchfork and the Fader announced a Q&A running in the coming couple of weeks. Are they being told what info/tidbits they can publicize on what day? Is Richard doing an AMA for press only the next couple of few weeks?

Glad to see the mythmaking still going in his interviews (the 5 y.o. downloading software off Pirate Bay, lol) anyway. Nice read for both sites :)

besides Phillip's interview on pitchfork I get the feeling not many of these corporatized front Music review places don't know APhex's discography very well. I'd be willing to bet most of them totally missed the Steinvord /speculation. Would like to see him answer a question about that though.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Glad to see the mythmaking still going in his interviews (the 5 y.o. downloading software off Pirate Bay, lol) anyway. Nice read for both sites :)

lol yeah sounds like a load of doglies, cant believe people here are falling for it.

Guest setanor

lol yeah sounds like a load of doglies, cant believe people here are falling for it.

it's tradition, you know

• James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp.

be funny if he put an album out under the guise that it was made by his five year old prodigy.

The whole thing is just really touching. When they reached that goal on Kickstarter and it kept going uppeople just wanting to give it money, even though they didn't need to do itit's like, Oh wow. Humanity is nice after all. Fans were just so happy to get it, fucking hell. I've got thousands more like that at home. I should release all that stuff as well.

RDJ is such a cock/ver10 tease

Nice that he mentions it... would have been nicer if WATMM was mentioned...

James’ five-year-old son recently taught himself how to use a music software program that he downloaded off Pirate Bay and even uploaded some tracks to Bandcamp.

I have never been so excited about a five year old. /deadpan

Would be pretty amazing if true.

The whole thing is just really touching. When they reached that goal on Kickstarter and it kept going uppeople just wanting to give it money, even though they didn't need to do itit's like, Oh wow. Humanity is nice after all. Fans were just so happy to get it, fucking hell. I've got thousands more like that at home. I should release all that stuff as well.

i'd feel more burned by all these media outlets acting like their reporting is original VS just paying close attention to this thread and using the research by members of this forum with no credit

i'd feel more burned by all these media outlets acting like their reporting is original VS just paying close attention to this thread and using the research by members of this forum with no credit

good point joyrex & john, i suggest we start hitting all major news outlets with comments and links once they start reporting things with out crediting the pople of watmm

i've never listened to any of the metz, manchester or singapore tracks. ever. something about my ocd and them not being "official" (whatever that means) that I just don't care.

it will sound fresh to me!! I'm so excited.

same herer! super friggin exaite to hear what all the buzz is about

Edited by Ivan Ooze

That fuckin Kanye is story is classic

Yeezus be all in chartreuse right now.

Very interesting pieces of information here. Looking forward to the new round of Aphex interviews!