IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I still don't have my vinyl preorder from blerp

Wtf!?!! Not acceptable. Mine came a day after the scheduled US release date and I was feeling very sore about even that.

yea. they suck. I thought I learned my lesson before, but I guess not. never ever ever again

Guest HokusPoker

J3FF3R00, on 27 Sept 2014 - 4:34 PM, said:

jules, on 27 Sept 2014 - 4:25 PM, said:

Wtf!?!! Not acceptable. Mine came a day after the scheduled US release date and I was feeling very sore about even that.

It's day 8 after the german release date and I'm still waiting. No deliveries tomorrow, so it'll be at least 10 days too late…

@isaki: They sent it on the 18th (release date minus 1) with „International shipping, 7-14 days“, so there's no way it could have come even close to the release date. So far it's still only Bleep's fault (I don't think I can be expected to select a more expensive express delivery if I want it in time, can I?).

Edited by HokusPoker

J3FF3R00, on 27 Sept 2014 - 4:34 PM, said:

jules, on 27 Sept 2014 - 4:25 PM, said:

It's day 8 after the german release date and I'm still waiting. No deliveries tomorrow, so it'll be at least 10 days too late…

@isaki: They sent it on the 18th (release date minus 1) with „International shipping, 7-14 days“, so there's no way it could have come even close to the release date. So far it's still only Bleep's fault (I don't think I can be expected to select a more expensive express delivery if I want it in time, can I?).

I actually emailed them to tell them I was disappointed that my "pre-order" was late and that I could have bought the album in person at Amoeba, starting on the 21st. Their response was basically "boo fuckin hoo".

Aphex did mention that he had found better versions of some of his old stuff he's already released "whoops". I wonder if there might be a possible re-mastering of some of the stuff that needed it. Like The Tuss (Imagine Death Fuck mastered on the level of Syro), or some of analord... Maybe take some of the treble frequencies out of RDJ album, or make Drukqs pop more... Pure conjecture. That would fit the description of no new music, but more exciting than new music maybe?

Edited by Brisbot

Joyrex has been personally chosen along with Grant to sift through the mountains of DATs. Aphex hands Joyrex a tape and says "start with this one I think it'll be to your liking". Headphones are applied to Joyrex's dome with great haste and he hastily presses play only to hear the funny little man repeating "quite good, quite good, quite gooooooodddd". Aphex stares at him coldly from across the room, tapping his fingers on a desk.

Joyrex has been personally chosen along with Grant to sift through the mountains of DATs. Aphex hands Joyrex a tape and says "start with this one I think it'll be to your liking". Headphones are applied to Joyrex's dome with great haste and he hastily presses play only to hear the funny little man repeating "quite good, quite good, quite gooooooodddd". Aphex stares at him coldly from across the room, tapping his fingers on a desk.

Soooo So you think afx and Joyrex are making a movie together?

Street fighter 4 (music muted) + syro = a fantastic Saturday morning. (Just realized both are sort of "products of the 90s" yet new) no wonder I felt like a happy 14 year old this morning)

Edited by Vaaler9

May have already been brought up, but what is up with that high pitched descending synth starting at 1:52 of CIRCLONT6A. I find it so grating.. almost enough to skip the track. Its so shred-y and rather ruins the slow-building mood imo

Listening on headphones for the first time, Circlont6A melted my brain from 1:33 to 1:40. Seriously, the way the synths mingle there is akin to a wonderful abstract painting warping downwards. Strained metaphors aside, I'm so digging this album. It flew over my expectations (which I try not to have, no matter how much I respect/love the artist's previous work).

Edit: this is after 6 or 7 listens.

Edited by melancholera