IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

Guest jasondonervan

I was told by the guys at the shop that I had to rsvp with my name and address, and maybe kindly mention where I got it from.

No reply.

I RSVP'd with name, where I got it from and photo of drivers license. On the Warp page it just says they'll want the ticket, your name and your email address on the door, so just your name should suffice I imagine

Edited by lawrenke

Jesus it just suddenly hit me that a new Aphex album is coming out, remember all those times you haters told me to shut up and stop posting speculating about new Aphex music? Do ya?!

It's coming man

Jesus it just suddenly hit me that a new Aphex album is coming out, remember all those times you haters told me to shut up and stop posting speculating about new Aphex music? Do ya?!

yea.

am i the only one that didnt like the analord series and doesnt have that high expectations?

That's why he released it under AFX.

? :cerious:

i think he was more proud of his Analord series than anything else since he kept doing music in the same way ever since,

i hear you, Analord was a radical change and not everyone enjoyed it, but to me it was revolutionary,

the eclecticism of this selection, the complex melodies, and the FUCKING SOUND QUALITY !

anyway, question of taste but AFX/RDJ whatever doesn't chose his names like this, i mean lol

you obviously don't know the full story

Not all Analord is AFX anyway... Analord 10 is Aphex Twin, and those are pretty standout tracks, worth checking out even if you don't like the rest of the series.

I do

I regret nothing

:p

For christ's sake, would you please just shut up and stop speculating about new Aphex music? Geez.

that circular thing looks like a circular dendogram. hey OP or any photoshop pros out there capable of figuring out what the text is?

It's the 'disinfographic' - the equipment list. Think we'll have to wait for some geek to upload scans of it to see what it says.

Raveolution 309, the Raven Max, MC-909 limited edition, Quasimidi Van Helden, MAM Freebass 383, Roland DJ-70, E-15, SP-808, Akai S3200, Behringer MX602A and all the Behringer effects that copy other things.

am i the only one that didnt like the analord series and doesnt have that high expectations?

That's why he released it under AFX.

? :cerious:

i think he was more proud of his Analord series than anything else since he kept doing music in the same way ever since,

i hear you, Analord was a radical change and not everyone enjoyed it, but to me it was revolutionary,

the eclecticism of this selection, the complex melodies, and the FUCKING SOUND QUALITY !

anyway, question of taste but AFX/RDJ whatever doesn't chose his names like this, i mean lol

you obviously don't know the full story

Not all Analord is AFX anyway... Analord 10 is Aphex Twin, and those are pretty standout tracks, worth checking out even if you don't like the rest of the series.

^^^This

And hence, no "13 years." This is the hill I die on.

Bored shuppe

iste4txFFP5Sq.gif

Haha, bored, but still creative! I need to create a custom Member Group for Photoshop Experts!

Also, anyone who thinks Analord was anything short of amazing needs to get their head and ears checked. (IMO)

Also, anyone who thinks Analord was anything short of amazing needs to get their head and ears checked. (IMO)

excuse me while I phontacid

Bored shuppe

iste4txFFP5Sq.gif

Haha, bored, but still creative! I need to create a custom Member Group for Photoshop Experts!

Also, anyone who thinks Drukqs was quite good needs to get their head and ears checked. (IMO)

*fixt*

Way too easy though

Bored shuppe

iste4txFFP5Sq.gif

AH HA! But what classifies as thinking Analord is within the parameters of the short end of amazing? Aren't there like 50/60 tracks in total? What if you only like about 10/15, but think those 15 are awesome and the rest are meh? What if your favorite track ever is on analord but you only like like... 5 tracks, or what if you like EVERY single track but they're all only 'good'. Does the total goodness of 50/60 tracks of one person match the amazingness of 15 tracks of another?

Who is God? Why does the end of Neon Genesis Evangelion disappoint me so much? (I finished it and the movie today). Why does my air conditioner work for a week, then I fix something with it, but that only buys another week? Why is there an infinite array of things I need to fix on my fucking air conditioner. I JUST WANT TO BE COOL.... like u guys.

Edited by Brisbot

The Analord series is top notch both because it is such a large collection of quality music, and because it contains at least a handful of truly amazing tracks, many great tracks, and very many solid, good tracks -- all of which come out of some serious mastery of analogue equipment that not many (if any) others could come close to pulling off.

wow, haven't been posting on here for ages, so my account got deleted ("griever"), good time to be back :-)!

my thoughts on syro:

well isn't that amazing? have been away for a few days, come home and the first thing i read: "new aphex twin album to come", was so happy i forgot everything else. how many years have there been rumors and speculations, "konklaver" blabla... and again, aphex manages to release something when i'm not expecting it. i really enjoyed his tuss stuff and am glad to see he was developing that style over the last years, now presenting it in form of a 12 (!) track album!!! seriously, i'm listening to those crappy recordings of the manchester, metz and atp tracks on repeat, but they will sound new to me when in good quality, looking forward to hear all the details!

and still there are 7-8 tracks we don't know by now... i'm in greece for one week right before the release, preordering is done. when i come home, i'm going to lock my door, turn off my phone, put on my headphones and let the sound do it's work.

with manchester track as an opener, this can only be good.

The Analord series is top notch both because it is such a large collection of quality music, and because it contains at least a handful of truly amazing tracks, many great tracks, and very many solid, good tracks -- all of which come out of some serious mastery of analogue equipment that not many (if any) others could come close to pulling off.

Well by that criteria then I think Analord is amazing as Joyrex put it. But another person could be like: You gotta like at least half of it for it to be amazing. Then it's running awfully close for me. I may now need my ears reconfigured if that's the case.

Well by that criteria then I think Analord is amazing as Joyrex put it. But another person could be like: You gotta like at least half of it for it to be amazing. Then it's running awfully close for me. I may now need my ears reconfigured if that's the case.

Hey, it's all opinion in the end anyway. Well, actually technical prowess and creativity both have some objective qualities to them (even if not subject to measurement), but whether tracks are great/good in the sense of "this makes me want to punch the air," well, opinion, ya know?

I mean, it's kind of like Kanye... What does everyone here think about Kanye?

:trollface: