IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I feel like you can give most people SAW and if they listen to any "EDM" they will probably appreciate it. From there I have a chill mix of later stuff and a more headfuck mix to see how far they can go.

Most of my younger friends who got into electronic music during the US popularity boom have moved on from awful trance and trouse into more underground tastes so a lot of them have heard minipops on their own and really dug it.

as much frowning down as there was on the whole topic of clipping/limiting/mastering,

it was a helluva lot more on topic (syro) than anything that's happened since

Yeah, playing it back on my system after just upgrading my sub I definitely experience it alot more. There is alot of bass but it is a little muddied due to it all being so loud.

I imagine the album (like all his others imo) will sound better mastered for vinyl. I did an A/B with Drukqs after the sub install and was pretty shocked how much weight of the percussion is lost in the digital master. Again, imo.

NEXT WEEK IS THE FINAL WEEK BOYS AND GIRLS!

Pls don't blow up the world randomAmateur

GOT A RED PHONE GONNA MAKE SOME CALLS, DON'T BE AFRAID!

Actually I gave up on the leaks but I'm looking forward to something far more important than that.

I believe APHEX TWIN will annouce or atleast make a comment about the release date of his next project?!? I believe it will be released in 2014 or early (jan/fab)

Maybe even a 3rd and 4th (singles/eps) during the same period.

sounds bad in headphones imo

gonna make a thread about that later I think :cerious:

Dunno. It sounded perfect on my AIAIAI TMA-1x headphones!

i'll give you a year. got 2 years out of the tma-1s, though i go through phones hard. swirls 1.5 years, bits started breaking off.

back to just sennheisers now, which i've always kept, going 5 years, parts replaceable, much better. nice design but not quite as rugged as they look.

I wore a AT logo t the other day at work and a work friend of mine asked what it was so i sent her a playlist of my fave Aphex.

bit.ly/1rYkJoE

dude. I don't wanna say your list is shit, it's a matter of taste anyways

I don't wanna say your taste is shit either. Your list is shit.

mine is the best, I made a list out of bookmarks

but it containts 23+4, so it would not be fair to compare my list to yours.

a list of 30 would be cool tooo

I will post this list, if I don't find a better place/thread for it in a sec

Edited by randomAmateur

I imagine the album (like all his others imo) will sound better mastered for vinyl. I did an A/B with Drukqs after the sub install and was pretty shocked how much weight of the percussion is lost in the digital master. Again, imo.

I noticed this with the vinyl versions of the tracks off Chosen Lords. It was kind of shocking how much better it sounded... though I noticed some of the mixes were significantly different too (like different panning and FX, not just EQ), so I don't know how much of that was attributed to the mastering.

i'll give you a year. got 2 years out of the tma-1s, though i go through phones hard. swirls 1.5 years, bits started breaking off.

back to just sennheisers now, which i've always kept, going 5 years, parts replaceable, much better. nice design but not quite as rugged as they look.

Sennheisers only tend to last me a year or so, at least the canalphones. I'm not gonna buy them anymore since I've been through about 6 pairs now. I found some Audio Technica canalphones o the side of the road once so I use those for my outdoor listening (after sterilising the buds, of course). I never take the AIAIAIs outside and keep them in a pouch when I'm not using them so hopefully they'll last a while!

Guest Toastmann

Sennheisers only tend to last me a year or so, at least the canalphones. I'm not gonna buy them anymore since I've been through about 6 pairs now. I found some Audio Technica canalphones o the side of the road once so I use those for my outdoor listening (after sterilising the buds, of course). I never take the AIAIAIs outside and keep them in a pouch when I'm not using them so hopefully they'll last a while!

887972707.jpg

I have these, the IE80's. Already went trough 2 cables, the next pair hopefully arrives this week just before Syro.

Replaceable cables are the shit, plus they sound really good.

Edited by Toastmann

orgasmic on my reference planar magnetic headphones :music:

Crazy. I was listening on a Hifiman HE-6. Unless you're using an Abyss (which it could actually sound great on I think), it's hard to find more reference planars. What headphones are you using?

I inherited some Kevek speakers which sound more similar to when he played stuff in the club and I think it's worlds apart with minipops

he-6 needs a amplifier 3W @ 60 ohm

I think it can sound decent on as low as around 2W with the right synergy/decent psu but I was giving them much more than 3W when I was doing my critical listening to Syro

Edited by purplegoat

Minipops.. Bad on shit headphones

fixd and agreed

It sounds amazing on mine, but I have to say minipops definitely sounds better bouncing off every wall of your house, as people have said this is Aphex' 'banger' album, it won't be full of introverted masterpieces

i got to the point where headphones or monitors dont matter. every system, every head, every room, every opinion is different.

and mastering is essentially making an unique sound piece more average sounding. amateur is doing it the way you want it, professional is doing it the way somebody else wants it.

Edited by skibby

I had a pair of TMAs for about 3 years or so, approaching 4. The things were nearly indestructible. The headband, being made out of rubbery plastic, held up great. I could throw them into my bag without worrying about it, and I took them through the pouring rain on my bike nearly every single day for half a year. Those headphones went through a lot. And their final undoing was that I took them on a long hiking trip and pulled them too hard out of the bottom of my bag (a place they shouldn't have been in the first place, it was a heavy bag), and it caught on some clothes, overextended the headband and snapped it. I never ended up replacing the headband (you can get them for cheap) but I think I never did because one of the headphones was starting to go out or something. It was that that just made me quit them. But I expected a lot out of those headphones!i. Put them through a lot, I would even run with them at times! Good headphones. Funny thing is, I have a pair of earbuds that I bought for 5 dollars that happen to be just as good quality-wise. Sure, they aren't on-ear headphones, but the mastering and the quality are just as good. Edited by drukqs

Don't mean to brag or anything...

But Syro releases on the 19th in New Zealand.

Suckers 8-)

Don't mean to brag or anything but I don't live in New Zealand :)

Don't mean to lol or anything....

but LOL

Anything or mean but to LOL ...

brag don't