IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

On 11/8/2014 at 11:09 AM, Consul said:

It looks like this EDM jerk likes Aphex Twin? (like Skrillex does?)

https://twitter.com/rob_swire/status/521125999241867265

lol

Swire is a douchebag, but he's not exactly an 'EDM jerk'. He was making breakcore and IDM in the late 90s/early 2000s so he's got at least a bit of oldskool cred, or whatever.

Big fan of Rob Swire here, but he's kind of missing the point about releasing more matured material for posterity versus releasing the "latest and hottest".

holy shit, snippits of richard fucking around with gear and sound design

kinda what I wanted, actually. perfect accompaniment to Syro

Edited by modey

An accurate description of Syro from the man himself, which explains why Syro isn't as dark as some of the stuff he put out in the past.

"Also like i mention below with tunings, mankind needs as much positive/trippy/awakening/next level non dark thought provoking vibes as possible right now, we are living in a mega dark spiritual age and its 2easy to channel that into our music but I think we have to try really hard to drag ourselves out of it and dream up new mind expanding music & art, thats definitely not boring nu age yawnsville."

Source: http://noyzelab.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/syrobonkers-part2.html

An accurate description of Syro from the man himself, which explains why Syro isn't as dark as some of the stuff he put out in the past.

"Also like i mention below with tunings, mankind needs as much positive/trippy/awakening/next level non dark thought provoking vibes as possible right now, we are living in a mega dark spiritual age and its 2easy to channel that into our music but I think we have to try really hard to drag ourselves out of it and dream up new mind expanding music & art, thats definitely not boring nu age yawnsville."

doesn't relate to syro, circlont14 is darker then bloody hell

Edited by Ivan Ooze

From pt. 2 of the Noyze interview...

dave: I see wildlife get a mention on the klob list, can u tell me wot sort of wildlife, & how wild woz it!?

rich: the birds in the piano track! I actually made that track a lot better technically but when i recorded it originally, it was a super spesh time in my life and those birds were part of it so i just had to go with that recording of it, straight to nagra tape, love the sound of pianos to tape.

Guess that explains my thoughts a few posts above. Can't argue with that decision.

Your darkness is my light, then. :) You also only quote a song, I was talking about SYRO, the album. I don't think Syro is dark and evil, but it has that positive, trippy, awakening, next level non dark vibe going on. I think he's right in saying that it's so much easier to make dark and evil music in this day and age while making positive music that's not cheesy is the real challenge.

Your darkness is my light, then. :) You also only quote a song, I was talking about SYRO, the album. I don't think Syro is dark and evil, but it has that positive, trippy, awakening, next level non dark vibe going on. I think he's right in saying that it's so much easier to make dark and evil music in this day and age while making positive music that's not cheesy is the real challenge.

I don't know, I think there's a lot of positive music out there that isn't cheesy across many different genres. Music really runs the gamut right now.

And music is such an abstract thing that is really dependant on the listener. My positive, is someones negative & vice versa.

That track to me is all about fun, with its ludicrously jazzy basslines and vocals about little socks. But a lot of people seem to get a darker vibe from it, not sure what's going on there. 180db_ is another weird one, despite all the aggressive sounds it's probably the most stupid fun track on the album.

That track to me is all about fun.

Same here! :) The whole album is fun in some way or another.

Fun and melancholic. :)

the track 2 me is melancholic mushroom potatoes hellfun Edited by Ivan Ooze