IGNORED

Bill Cosby is a big old rapist (on the loose)

Rubin Farr

his conviction was overturned because the DA fucked up by promising not to prosecute in order to get him to self-incriminate? wtf.

Can someone please explain this ruling to me because I don't understand.

Edited by Silent Member

34 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Can someone please explain this ruling to me because I don't understand.

DA made a deal with Cosby that there would be no criminal prosecution, only a civil one (money) provided he would tell them everything he did.

Cosby took the deal and told them all the things he did. That was so horrible they decided to prosecute him anyway.

While it is perfectly defensible from a moral standpoint that Cosby should do a lot of jail time for his crimes, it most certainly was not for the DA to lie to him about what they were going to do with his testimony. They basically cheated him into incriminating himself, which I believe is not only illegal but also unconstitutional.

Edited by rhmilo
  • Big Brain 1

11 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The balls on this piece of shit.

Yeah OK that's fair, he never changed his stance or story except for that one time he testified in court that he gave ludes to all those women and then assaulted them.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Satans Little Helper said:

I'd expected to read he'd died when I opened this thread. Instead, he's free!?

Silver lining is that it costs less tax money to keep him alive from now on. Less burden on the tax payer is good.

/libertarian

They could have released him during COVID to house arrest, but he has made no efforts to reform, do therapy for sexual predators, engage in any accountability or make the slightest effort to address his victims’ suffering, remember he was doing this vile shit for half a century, more than some lifetimes. I wanted to hear he died as well, let him burn in Hell next to Jacko.

• Like 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Bill Cosby is a big old rapist (on the loose)