IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Aggravating as fuck, guess hoping the trolls would be kept to a minimum on SC was wishful thinking. Probably explains a lot of the name changing etc. Whoever's being a dick to RDJ, wind ye neck in sons.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

The idea that some people seem to be so genuinely upset by him linking to conspiracy theories and ancient alien stuffs that they've gone to the trouble of sending him hate mail about it is pretty amusing tbh. Oh dear

soundcloud.com/user18081971/sets/surfing-on-sine-waves-2

list not complete, might add from tracks already on SC or from the archives, I have started a bit to knock the order into shape.
or take away tracks if they dont fit, so feel free to omit some.
These tracks are mostly from the same era with a few newer and older ones that were on SOSW1.
SOSW1 was also a mixture of old ones like polygon window, audax and newer ones like Quoth, so I dont mind mixing it up again a little bit.
If you would like to try and order this, it would be very helpful and might end up getting used :)
Im currently working on new stuff, so not in the mood to do it.
Would love to release this on Warp, all mastered properly, maybe a dble album, Warp?
Wish Rob Mitchell was around to help, RIP Rob, your still very, very missed man!
prichard d jams

Edited by Consul

He messaged me this earlier when I asked him if he took the page down to fuck with the media:

just want to have this space for fans that are bothered, not for sightseers, i get brutal messages from people.

soundcloud.com/user18081971/sets/surfing-on-sine-waves-2

list not complete, might add from tracks already on SC or from the archives, I have started a bit to knock the order into shape.
or take away tracks if they dont fit, so feel free to omit some.
These tracks are mostly from the same era with a few newer and older ones that were on SOSW1.
SOSW1 was also a mixture of old ones like polygon window, audax and newer ones like Quoth, so I dont mind mixing it up again a little bit.
If you would like to try and order this, it would be very helpful and might end up getting used :)
Im currently working on new stuff, so not in the mood to do it.
Would love to release this on Warp, all mastered properly, maybe a dble album, Warp?
Wish Rob Mitchell was around to help, RIP Rob, your still very, very missed man!
prichard d jams

DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER ME SUGGESTING STUFF LIKE THIS? JOYREX AT LEAST? CMON.

so stoked i'm going to try and help out

edit: possible I wasn't the first to suggest, my memory isn't great.

Edited by purplegoat

Guest bemoored

Why do people have to be shitheads and try to ruin everything

Never expected to join watmm but did now because I'm so furious at these assholes. What the fuck. I can hardly get over how generous RDJ has been with what he's posted on SC. And how generous he's been with his time and attention. And just what a kind, gentle, unassuming guy he appears to be from his comments. If you read this, Rich, many many thanks for what you've shared, I've been digging the hell out of it. You've done something I never would have expected in this world and I'm not surprised there are suits that want to sue you for it, never mind that it's your music. I'm also not surprised that thoughtless, self-centered assholes have been sending you comments that are brutal. I just hope you know you've done a good thing and can find a way to get past them. All the best to you, and thanks again.

Well he can always post here, trolls are at a minimum, and the moderating team does not a half-bad job (*runs in anticipation of onslaught*).

Well he can always post here, trolls are at a minimum, and the moderating team does not a half-bad job (*runs in anticipation of onslaught*).

Yeh but we don't know what Richard's account is called on watmm.

I send him messages randomly thanking him for specific tracks and sharing youtube videos of cool random stuff.

Sent him a quick message then saying he should ignore the fools sending shitty messages. I wonder who was considering suing him?

Personally, I love all this music but the idea of new, mixed and mastered stuff is even more exciting. I've recently ripped all my Aphex vinyl to WAV and listening back to it all through my monitors is gorgeous - Selected Ambient Works. Stunning.

I'm gonna send him a nice message to fix everything.

me too

Sent him a quick message then saying he should ignore the fools sending shitty messages. I wonder who was considering suing him?

We don't know of course, but I kind of doubt it's Warp (though a few tracks probably gave them pause). His publisher might have exclusive publishing rights, although they'd rather not sue a client. There are lots of unlicensed samples throughout the tracks, so that seems a little more likely.

Fuck, wow, that could be what kills all this in the end then? He get's sued for unlicensed samples which he would have gotten away with it was wasn't for the mass appeal this is achieving. I do expect him to stop soon and make it all official as he's getting really invested in it.

I clearly don't want it to stop though. Wicked stuff.

Yeah, I also assumed it was Warp suing RDJ, since they're potentially losing money on all this. Since it's free, why would anyone sue him for samples here?

you can't be sued for sampling something unless you're trying to sell the tracks surely?

You definitely can. Copyright infringement even if no damages. But more likely they wouldn't but that wouldn't stop someone from sending a demand letter.

yeah, i thought it was warp related as well.

Warp might have some beef if they have exclusivity on Aphex Twin-named content or remixes of stuff they've released, but thing would have to get pretty desperate for them to sue their biggest name as it would ruin their relationship permanently. And anyway he's asking recently for them to put out SOSW2 so it's unlikely to be Warp.