IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

By the way, for people wanting to hear Come to Daddy or Drukqs styles, try re-listening to 7 Cutting - the sound design on that is deceptively good, although it loses speed a little in the middle

Edited by ganus

If this whole premature ejaculation /poll voting malarkey has nullified Richard continuing with the uploading of tracks beyond 1994 I'll be fucking livid.

Well he just commented that there's a longer version of Pigeon Street that he might be able to find, so let's all stay positive in here :)

Doubt that'll happen based on what he said about the tape, but wouldn't it be great

ZsJItdZ.png

well hotdang is he trolling or telling the truth, one can never tell

i'm still not conviced tom or afx aren't on :catcry:

if they are not it's gotta be autechre , not many people can make a shithot ep like that :cisfor:

i severely doubt any potential poll has stopped new uploads from happening. will remind you lot that we've thought this was over several times now, and there were weeks between uploads

ZsJItdZ.png

well hotdang is he trolling or telling the truth, one can never tell

i'm still not conviced tom or afx aren't on :catcry:

if they are not it's gotta be autechre , not many people can make a shithot ep like that :cisfor:

He's been awfully forthcoming and friendly as of late, I tend to think that is an honest declaration. If I'm wrong, I'll punch your ball, or you can punch mine or whatever you like :)

Just tell me what you want me to puuuuuunch!!

CFQFwGRWMAAVIgo.jpg

Edited by jsmcpn

i severely doubt any potential poll has stopped new uploads from happening. will remind you lot that we've thought this was over several times now, and there were weeks between uploads

Correct!

please tell me that nobody on this forum get introduced to aphex via his album artwork or his two famous video. sound waves lol pls

:facepalm:

I got introduced to him at a house party which was playing a shitty tape copy of SAW. Worked for me.

Yes it's about sound carried by waves

Plastic and video and cardboard is fine but not essential for music that can stand on its own

247470Image3.png

Some detective work trying to track down this book:

http://uk.prweb.com/releases/2012/12/prweb10226269.htm

The links to The Skythian Society Press (http://www.wetheskythians.com/) are all dead. Apparently there was an ebook version of this book as well as hardback and paperback prints. There is a mobile number and a name mentioned on there in association with 'The Skythian Society Press'. Further googling led me to this which seems to be the parent company of the now defunct Skythian Society Press and it also has the same mobile number listed for contact as well as an address for a bookshop:

http://www.resonancebookworks.com/

Bookshop address in County Durham

https://goo.gl/maps/xCpFP

I guess they'd have infos about tracking down a copy of the book and possibly have an ebook copy for download too maybe? The book doesn't seem to be listed on their website though. It's like all trace has been wiped off t'internet. *dramatic conspiracy music*

also, this is David Ritchie's facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/david.ritchie.58

Looks like hes pretty active. maybe hed be nice enough to point us in the right direction...

Skara Brae

Bard's tale!

Exactly. And let's not forget, he makes sure to leave us with a top tune every time. He's ended batches with Spiral Staircase, HAB un23, Cornish Spreek and now Pretend Analog. There will be more to come, he pretty much said it himself. Plus we're getting the cream of the crop remastered, AND he's got plenty of stuff saved up for Warp releases.

How anyone on here can actually complain is fucking beyond me.

Has this Tamclap2 description always been there? If so, I apologise. Only now noticing it.

2nd version of this track.

i used to originally like this 1 better but i just like both now
Also in my top 10 of all my stuff, i keep thinking i released it..

Pretty cool how he regards it as one of his favourite tracks. It's definitely in my top 5 Soundcloud tunes.

:w00t:

surfing on Sine Waves 2[[work in progress][not in order, maybe you can order it for me please?]]

list not complete, might add from tracks already on SC or from the archives,
or take away tracks if they dont fit, so feel free to omit some.
These tracks are mostly from the same era with a few newer and older ones that were on SOSW1.
SOSW1 was also a mixture of old ones like polygon window, audax and newer ones like Quoth, so I dont mind mixing it up again a little bit.
If you would like to try and order this, it would be very helpful and might end up getting used :)
Im currently working on new stuff, so not in the mood to do it.
Would love to release this on Warp, all mastered properly, Warp?
Wish Rob Mitchell was around to help, RIP Rob, your still very, very missed man!

prichard d jams

Edited by afxual healing

:w00t:

surfing on Sine Waves 2[[work in progress][not in order, maybe you can order it for me please?]]

list not complete, might add from tracks already on SC or from the archives,

or take away tracks if they dont fit, so feel free to omit some.

These tracks are mostly from the same era with a few newer and older ones that were on SOSW1.

SOSW1 was also a mixture of old ones like polygon window, audax and newer ones like Quoth, so I dont mind mixing it up again a little bit.

If you would like to try and order this, it would be very helpful and might end up getting used :)

Im currently working on new stuff, so not in the mood to do it.

Would love to release this on Warp, all mastered properly, Warp?

Wish Rob Mitchell was around to help, RIP Rob, your still very, very missed man!

prichard d jams

This is just fantastic news. I keep on wondering how the end of this year will look like if he keeps up this tempo. Can't wait to see the next release and hear his new stuff which he's working on.

Guest gorfman666

lol, it literally happened as i was doing my morning f5 ritual. I thought he deleted it again...

"really makes me sooo happy that people can hear these old tracks, becuase ive been listening to them for so long , like old friends and only recently just thought after kickstarter etc, this is madness keeping them to myself."

Bless you Richard....