IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

paris: a group of people tried to bomb a friendly match where merkel and the french president were present, and a couple of km's (!!!) away some other people did a coordinated attack at a gig ..and people were spraying guns at some popular district.

shooting in US: loner killing lots of people.

if you want a thread about the zillionsts shooting in the us make one. and haven't there been plenty on gun control and the likes?

Have you not been following the story? Authorities are saying it was heavily planned and coordinated, the shooter had pledged allegiance to isis and was on a watch list, in addition to the mutilple eyewitness accounts saying there multiple shooters (up to 3). Sure, GoDel, it was just some bored kid who off the wall decided to plan and fund a massive operation that amounted to the largest shooting in US history. And even if it was a lone wolf not connected to any internation terror networks, which I highly doubt, I think its still reasonable to have it discussed. Sorry if it doesnt aualify as a talking point for you, but your opinion is not representative of everyone.

i've not read anything that suggests this was a highly coordinated attack that could not have been pulled off without strict planning. from what i've gathered it seems quite literally that a guy with guns just walked right in and shot people. simple as that. do you have any links that provide a different analysis?

as for the fbi watch list and ties to ISIS it seems to me you're getting carried away from the evidence available at this time. while it's certainly possible a more direct and nefarious link will be established, atm there's evidently nothing to link him to ISIS beyond his 911 call. here are a few links that seem to me to adequately represent the facts as they are presently known:

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0YY0Q2

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/06/13/us/orlando-shooting-what-we-know-and-dont-know.html

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/12/orlando-nightclub-shooter-omar-mateen-isis-affiliation

Alco, quit being reasonable and bringing logic into this discussion. Now is the time for outrage and other unbridled emotions, along with of course thoughts, prayers, and hashtags.

its a massive operation to coordinate something like that. No lunatic misanthrope can just buy a gun and easily take out 50 people. There are tactical considerations.

I think the problem is that it is exactly that easy to get an assault rifle and a shitton of ammo and gear, especially in Flordia.

It is indeed incredibly easy for a lunatic misanthrope to get an assault rifle. Singlehandedly taking out 50 people isn't particularly difficult either, all he needs to find is a place with way more than 50 people and start shooting. Statistically I'm surprised shit like this doesn't happen more often.

its a massive operation to coordinate something like that. No lunatic misanthrope can just buy a gun and easily take out 50 people. There are tactical considerations.

I think the problem is that it is exactly that easy to get an assault rifle and a shitton of ammo and gear, especially in Flordia.

But but but second amendment

Waaaaahhhhh

Saw some meme which brought up the fact that after 9/11 knives and sharp objects and liquids were banned from carrying onto a plane, but after yet another mindless shooting spree any discussion of banning assault rifles and tighter gun control is a non-starter.

Edited by azatoth

But but but second amendment

Waaaaahhhhh

Christ almighty I'm so tired of that argument. Ask them about if they are ready to acquire AR-15s to use on any friends and family in the military or in any government offices to "defend their constitutional rights" and/or and and they'll be like "no no no I'm just saying that, you know, you never know blah blah blah tyranny"

Another way to stump most delusional 2nd amendment extremists is ask them how they feel about minorities and/or residents in dangerous neighborhoods practicing open carry, without licenses as they so often insist on.

lol how the fuck do they go from (terribly ill informed) basketball commentary to this bullshit.

by being amerikans

24259B2800000578-2879403-image-m-43_1418

24259C7800000578-2879403-image-m-44_1418

24259C6500000578-2879403-image-m-46_1418

http://www.machinegunamerica.com/

"Whether you're looking to unleash your inner action star or become a zombie hunter, experience the exhilarating rush of shooting real machine guns and powerful firearms for a thrill like any other.'" Machine Gun America management

I like how the shooter's father said "it's God's job to punish homosexuals"

Also, the British Imam preaching death to homosexuals in an Orlando mosque just a few days before the shooting

But hey it's probably just an isolated case of mental illness, innit

Edited by LimpyLoo