IGNORED

Celebrity Deaths

Herr Jan

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

no they're not, since there is no afterlife (until proven otherwise). also, who gives a shit about a famous person dying? did you know them personally? no? then why do you give a shit? 

Reveal hidden contents

10866860.jpg

oh c'mon brian...I see you're in the 2nd stage of the grieving process...anger. is it really a requirement that someone needs to personally know another person in order to be affected by their death? none of us know any of these celebs personally (except JR knows Richard, ha!). but they have entered into some part of our lives/memories thanks to media. like I never met Bob Saget, but knew of him primarily because he was an actor on Full House. I too have a fondness for that show, due to growing up in the '80s, and being the perfect age to revel in ABC's classic late '80s/early '90s Friday night TGIF family friendly programming. it was a line up of shows like Family Matters, Full House, Perfect Strangers, and some other throwaways that didn't make as big of an impact. me and my sister used to camp out in the living room with sleeping bags watching that 2 hour block every Friday night, and of course we saw Bob Saget on screen portraying Danny Tanner, an archetype of what an all American TV dad was supposed to be like.

so yeah, I didn't really know him, but knew only his image and characters he portrayed. when I heard yesterday he died, I was like oh damn, and for a split second was brought back to thinking about watching him on Full House back when I was a kid. that, I suppose, is what constitutes an emotion one is rightfully allowed to feel when learning of a celeb death...I did feel a little bit sad when I heard he died.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ayya Khema said:

vaxed 2 weeks before his death

dude, it is a really weird waste of time trying to get your antivax propaganda going all the time for the couple hundred idm nerds in this forum. you arent going to change anyone's mind here so maybe just shut the fuck up already. im sure you can get an much higher idiot-to-viewer ratio in reddit. or have you tried cold calling people? or putting your head in an oven? just a few suggestions.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ignatius said:

in his hotel in orlando. sudden. 

RIP. if you haven't seen the aristocrats...

Was coming here to post this. I remember watching the Aristocrats and this came on and I was holy what the fuck this is amazing. up until this point I legit had only known him from AFV and Full House so I was like "oh god Sagat is so corny." Had 0 idea about his standup etc. Actually kind of grateful because the overwhelming genius of this bit hit extra hard b/c it came out of nowhere (for me). 

R.I.P., "somebody make sure the Olsen Twins get a copy of this.." 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 10:08 PM, xox said:

9F201D13-BE74-4C55-AC14-4AAD9B83D0D1.jpeg

This thread was my introduction to these odd fellows.  So I got excited when this popped up in my youtube recommendations:

I feel well enlightened now.  Also... this guy's deadpan is great/completely unexpected.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

This thread was my introduction to these odd fellows.  So I got excited when this popped up in my youtube recommendations:

I feel well enlightened now.  Also... this guy's deadpan is great/completely unexpected.

Yes, the conclusion seems right 

10 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

one thing that striked me as ironic is how they praised didier "hydroxychloroquine" raoult's work in their last interview, aka the single most controversial scientist in france - basically the pope of covid conspiracy bullshit. this alone is definite proof of their incompetence regarding scientific topics. 

i have to admit i find their deaths a bit tragic since i know exactly how grandiosity, narcissism, delusions and self-deception can destroy your life. 

bonus info: they didn't even have a social security number. that's how detached from reality they were. 

11 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

wow.. i hope Dr. Grande's first name is Richard. imagine going through life as Dick Grande. amazing. 

• Like 1