IGNORED

"How will u react if Aphex Twin says he will release Melodies from mars at the end of the year?"

Guest skibby

Guest skibby

'How will u react if Aphex Twin says he will release Melodies from mars at the end of the year?'

-quoted from Jessica Cortes, a musician in the genre of IDM who has gotten a lot of public attention for achieving an enthusiastic if not cryptic response from Aphex Twin on Soundcloud. In advance of any guffaws, please observe that social media sources of this sort are considered credible, and this topic is suitable for public release as opposed to confidential or higher compartmentalization. This thread is created with the benificent attemt to inform as well as possibly amuse. The editor of this post, Skibby, is citing fair use, using typical media and communications guidelines. Original content will be created in thread form via comments.

sLTyTi5l.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I've already heard all the tracks a million times or so.

exactly =S

he said he redid the whole thing though

now THAT would be cool. I imagine he wasn't lying either.

Guest skibby

If I may chime in, I think he just may have something up his sleeve. I have not thought about it until the author of the question brought it up today, so to me this is hot news.

If I may chime in, I think he just may have something up his sleeve. I have not thought about it until the author of the question brought it up today, so to me this is hot news.

Mark my words there is something in the works.

If it were to emerge later in 2015 it would be good and it would sound completely different to that old tape leak which sounded like shit and put me off it. I think Rave Colonel James wants to finalize that that whole MfM chapter properly, I would not be surprised to see this old work released in a new form and I'd find it enchanting and intriguing in equal measure.

I have no idea what I'd do. It's one of my favourite albums of all time and I never shut up about how much I want to hear the final versions. I'm gonna freeze myself till the end of this year. I can't wait anymore knowing there's an ounce of hope :catnope::catnope::catnope:

I'd be over the moon.

For my strange self never plays much of bootlegs, something I've never done. As in with Metz and when all BOC tracks get released. It will feel almost brand new to me. I've always been like that, 'cause the work always feels unfinished. I think I've played MFM maybe 6 times.

So bring it on Mofo.

Archived