AE_LIVE

homecharlie

And this one is apparently by him also?

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8326/8425267645_0bf03e37dd_b.jpg

Nice find! Also this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truchet_tiles

Also this:

http://10print.org/

The plot thickens. It all underlines what a great little visual metaphor the artwork is for the variety of the sets.

Utrecht.

Listened to it with my eyes closed before going to sleep and had my first music related 'drug' experience. For at least 20 minutes I was trying to follow this dim white light that was 'just' inside of my vision.

The reverb ripple effect near the end of the set is hilariously fucking excellent. Genius.

Listening to Dour now, this one quickly moves up the ranks to be one of my faves. 36:30ish (going all nicey nice spacey modular sounding before descending into full on brosteppy facemelting slosh synthing business) and that part around 40-45 minutes is killing me right now. Damn.

Just biked into say I'm playing Krems. All these live sets have a HR Giger vibe to them. That might sound ridiculous :happy: but they remind me of Giger's art. And that's a very, very good thing.

Can't remember which set it was now but one of them has this unworldly churning halftime bassline near the end that's probably my favorite thing they've done in 2015. I think that was the part of the show where I felt like I was getting stretched across the room by the gigantic subs.

Edited by sweepstakes

Just biked into say I'm playing Krems. All these live sets have a HR Giger vibe to them. That might sound ridiculous :happy: but they remind me of Giger's art. And that's a very, very good thing.

I, too, hear penis-formed sounds everywhere in there.

finally bought the Dour and Brussels gig yesterday, might buy others later but 3hours of new autechre is enough for me now and i was at those gigs, what a great gift of them, sean/rob thank you so much!!

had a great night listening, so fuckin of the hook brutal :music:

I'm so broke right now I don't even have the 5£ to spend on the new sets...So I'm going through the 4 I already have again and it's getting better and better.

Also, am I the only one thinking a 9-CD deluxe boxset would have been the perfect x-mas present ? I'm sure Warp/TDR could have done something lovely with a physical release of such a beast !!

I'm so broke right now I don't even have the 5£ to spend on the new sets...So I'm going through the 4 I already have again and it's getting better and better.

Also, am I the only one thinking a 9-CD deluxe boxset would have been the perfect x-mas present ? I'm sure Warp/TDR could have done something lovely with a physical release of such a beast !!

Personally i think/hope that the AE_LIVE project isn't already end: there is all the usa tour that could mark the more advanced step of this long epic (They can not leave without first giving me this: https://youtu.be/Pkl7-SRgikw?t=3367).

...i have often thought that, sooner or later, would be released an ae album consisting of one single big piece: well, they have brought out nine albums consisting of a single piece, and more to come. Thank you.

Thank you. Thank you.

thank you.

I, too, hear penis-formed sounds everywhere in there.

I hear cunts. Proper fucking cunts of the highest order. Good cunting idm lol.

Edited by beerwolf

Dublin is finally kicking :music: It's been a while since I hadn't listened to something without doing anything but focusing on the music. I just can't focus on anything else right now, it's like my brain is melting - that's a good thing.

So is the new group of sets continued evolutions of the set in the first few dates? Are there any elements that are entirely new brought in? Not that I won't buy and listen to them either way, but I'm curious if the set ever changes dramatically in actual structure and not just texture like the differences in the first 4?

Dublin is finally kicking :music: It's been a while since I hadn't listened to something without doing anything but focusing on the music. I just can't focus on anything else right now, it's like my brain is melting - that's a good thing.

Dublin is an anomaly. It is the only set with some super hi freq stuff going on that sticks out against all the others (you can hear the difference from the first bit of music) or from the 8 min mark on that track that is on all the sets, there is this high pitch hit. (watch the eq to see it stick out).

Or the little 50:03 bit is almost a ventolin homage it is so piercing. (but kinda cool)

I thought it was mp3 atrifacting at first... wierd

So is the new group of sets continued evolutions of the set in the first few dates? Are there any elements that are entirely new brought in? Not that I won't buy and listen to them either way, but I'm curious if the set ever changes dramatically in actual structure and not just texture like the differences in the first 4?

So far I've only listened to krems and grachaflacgahachawachasomething

It seems like there are some newer sounding parts near the end of each

They get through all the recognizable bits a little faster and then a few new elements show up