IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

ok...i no you're gonna kill me but...

easter sounds like a track actress would do, on a bad day...and TBM2 on a good day

Haha! Eastre is fast becoming one of my favourite tracks. TBM2 Is nice and reminds me of 90's Ae but overall is prob one of the weakest tracks for me at the moment

Neither of them remind me of actress.. Eastre gives me Coil type vibes if anything

So there I was trying to feed1 curvcaten but the wind wouldn't let up on my pendulu hv moda. Thus I was forced to take the c16 deep tread back to base. And just when I place a 13x0 step in the doorframe this chimer 1-5-1 motherfucker has the gall to mesh my cinereaL. I'd get the bastard later, I thought. I had a few c7b2s saved up, slide one right under his nose when he's not looking. Teach him a lesson in elyc6. The 0nset slow, like eastre it just creeps up on you and before you know it you've been pulled right off the artov chain. I eventually forgot about the incident and decided to foldfree a casual. The 7th slip this week. Too bad they only come in oneum these days. I remember back when I first joined the base, freulaeux would sell some kinda spTh that'd make your latentcall look like a great golden frog. TBM2 I think they called it. I laid in my bunk for awhile until I started to get the pendulu casuals. "Shit, I didn't close the spaces between how V and IV back at the pod," I thought. Needless to say I sprang forth from my elseq and made my way acdwn2 the ship, where to my relief I found my au reunited with its techre, once and for all.

Okay, this is disturbing me. I've been listening to Elseq 1-5 on and off since release. It's highly addictive.

The references people here have been making to the AE_Live albums got me curious. I was originally as put off by the samples of the AE_Live albums as I was by those for Elseq 1-5 so I never actually bought them. I was wrong about Elseq 1-5 so I went back and skimmed through the AE_Live previes on the Ae Store again.

In the Krakow, Brussels and Utretcht albums alone I've heard the live equivalents of a pretty good chunk of the material on Elseq 1-5, so was this basically them touring new material prior to honing it down for these EPs?

More worryingly, can we expect Elseq 6-10 sometime soon do you think? It's just too much to process! :)

Edited by Jamesqdot

KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA

KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA

KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA KILLA

Scopin wit dat red dot

So there I was trying to feed1 curvcaten but the wind wouldn't let up on my pendulu hv moda. Thus I was forced to take the c16 deep tread back to base. And just when I place a 13x0 step in the doorframe this chimer 1-5-1 motherfucker has the gall to mesh my cinereaL. I'd get the bastard later, I thought. I had a few c7b2s saved up, slide one right under his nose when he's not looking. Teach him a lesson in elyc6. The 0nset slow, like eastre it just creeps up on you and before you know it you've been pulled right off the artov chain. I eventually forgot about the incident and decided to foldfree a casual. The 7th slip this week. Too bad they only come in oneum these days. I remember back when I first joined the base, freulaeux would sell some kinda spTh that'd make your latentcall look like a great golden frog. TBM2 I think they called it. I laid in my bunk for awhile until I started to get the pendulu casuals. "Shit, I didn't close the spaces between how V and IV back at the pod," I thought. Needless to say I sprang forth from my elseq and made my way acdwn2 the ship, where to my relief I found my au reunited with its techre, once and for all.

lelseq bro! You're on a roll!

Guys, I just figured it out. This is their Earth (the band, not the planet you fucking hippies) period.

I read this and then listened to elseq 3. and yeah totally, eastre gives me Earth vibes. It was like droning synths, that reminded me very much of special low frequency version. the sparse percussion was simmilar too. perfect kinda track to watch smoke or vapor swirl in the air and feel your eyes get red and heavy. love that stuff.

i then laid down and listened to TBM2, and got some killer 3D sound images in my head. the percussion is so sharp and crisp, i was hearing the claps like an axis in my head. that were connecting and disconnecting… if that makes sense. then mesh cinereaL. This track has to be one of their most unique I have ever heard. I was completely blown away last night listening to that one. some kind of worm like cylindrical shapeshifter constantly morphing and swirling in my head. what they are doing with the silence, like they ripped up or gutted out some of these sounds and layered them together. it's so fucked up and beautiful. then when the shift comes into the second phase I got feelings of like tortured innocence, those wailing scalding scraping high pitch frequencies, reminded me of a dying infant planet.

It's really great to have this much new Autechre. I seem to recognise quite a few aspects from the live set - and some of those ideas I prefer as they are expressed in the live set.

It's interesting people are calling out 'latentcall' as a favourite. I initially found it pretty cool, but for me Autechre aren't at their strongest when doing 'straighter' stuff like that and it's definitely not one of the stronger tracks for me. I find something about the rhythms/beat in first half a bit annoying for some reason, but do love the chordal breakdown section.

feed1 is definitely a highlight to me, along with pendulu hv moda, mesh cinereaL and spaces how V. Possily eastre also.

I am thankful for this much material for sure, but would it if there was also a new album far removed from the world of Exai and the live set's sonics!

Okay, this is disturbing me. I've been listening to Elseq 1-5 on and off since release. It's highly addictive.

The references people here have been making to the AE_Live albums got me curious. I was originally as put off by the samples of the AE_Live albums as I was by those for Elseq 1-5 so I never actually bought them. I was wrong about Elseq 1-5 so I went back and skimmed through the AE_Live previes on the Ae Store again.

In the Krakow, Brussels and Utretcht albums alone I've heard the live equivalents of a pretty good chunk of the material on Elseq 1-5, so was this basically them touring new material prior to honing it down for these EPs?

More worryingly, can we expect Elseq 6-10 sometime soon do you think? It's just too much to process! :)

my impression was that there were a handful of brief parts that bore similarity but really the vast majority of elseq is not on on ae_live at all.

my impression was that there were a handful of brief parts that bore similarity but really the vast majority of elseq is not on on ae_live at all.

Oh I'm not saying that stuff on elseq 1-5 has been lifted wholesale out of AE_Live, but there's numerous "mixes", variations or the root of a number of elseq 1-5 tracks in there, and they're often far from brief.

"c16 deep tread" is present in one form or another on multiple live sets (mostly at round about the same time in each set too), as are very brief elements of "latentcall" and "oneum".

I can also hear "13x0 step," "pendulu hv moda", "elyc6 onset", "7th slip," "mesh cinereaL," and "curvcaten" to one degree or another just by skimming through.

As far as I can tell, elseq 1-5 has at least in part been built up from a lot of the elements they used in those live sets. It just makes me wonder who much more elseq quality stuff there is to be derived from those live sets alone. :D

yeah i recall a lengthy segment similar to c16 deep tread being in there. all the other overlaps i've noticed were brief and i thought they got the idea from ae live then went a different direction with it later, or its just a consequence of using the same patches or whatever\

im probably not recalling a bunch from those 9 hours

anyway you listened to krakow all the way through right? that's the one to start with imo. then maybe grafeninchen, but its hard to say

Yeah I said from start I was hearing very little directly from the live sets and still don't.. there different beasts entirely to my ears (apart from C16 deep)

acdwn2 is a beast. wtf

spaces how v is still tops for me

Same here + 7th slip.

btw 13X0 step sounds like Oversteps era track to me along with mesh cinereaL.

5/5 topkek

acdwn2 is a beast. wtf

spaces how v is still tops for me

Same here + 7th slip.

btw 13X0 step sounds like Oversteps era track to me along with mesh cinereaL.

13x0 is up there as well

7th slip might be my least fav of all though. I can't get through it.

yeah i recall a lengthy segment similar to c16 deep tread being in there. all the other overlaps i've noticed were brief and i thought they got the idea from ae live then went a different direction with it later, or its just a consequence of using the same patches or whatever\

im probably not recalling a bunch from those 9 hours

anyway you listened to krakow all the way through right? that's the one to start with imo. then maybe grafeninchen, but its hard to say

Yeah, started with Krakow and wasn't sure where to go next. Was trying to skim and find the least similar set to follow that up with. Will give Grafeninchen a try next, thanks. :)

Agree regarding the patches as well, but for me the overall sound of AE_Live and elseq are very much connected. The beauty of elseq, though, is how refined it sounds by comparison.

For that reason alone, I think my wallet is going to take another hit shortly. :D

Edited by Jamesqdot

blown away and i've only heard elseq 1 so far

how do they do it? every new release has been a total suckerpunch and brought something new/unexpected. can't wait to catch them live on the new tour playing this stuff

can't wait to catch them live on the new tour playing this stuff

You've not been to one of their gigs have you? :wink:

Edited by leterel

The first Elseq is definitely ended up my favourite.

I know the sounds in this release are very three dimensional and it sounds great on headphones, and can hear that the sonics are constantly shapeshifting, but part of me is pining a few more layers in many of the tracks on the later collections or something. (I don't mean no.5...I get that minimalism is the whole point of the first few tracks of that one....I mean other numbers.) Though an album like 'Untilted' sounds initially more 'dry', it seems a little more packed with refinement and detail to these ears.

'feed1' is a great example of what really satisfies for me. It's thick with many layers and textures, it just feels so good to journey with.

c7b2​ is one that frustrates at the moment, because it has such great elements (especially towards the end) but I don't get those simple loud noise bursts. I usually love aggression like that, so I'm not sure what it is.

spaces how V is beautiful. It seems to share key elements with ​runrepik off Exai.

Liking what sounds like a CD glitch sample, in mesh cinereaL. Can be heard clearly at 3:33 and 3:40, with some subtler instances appearing earlier/later in the track.

Edited by IOS