IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

Liking what sounds like a CD glitch sample, in mesh cinereaL. Can be heard clearly at 3:33 and 3:40, with some subtler instances appearing earlier/later in the track.

I noticed that too. I like it also.

I've been listening to 3 a lot lately. Something about the moods on it really makes me feel creative. Last night I sat and wrote a bunch of poetry to eastre and TBM2, then when mesh cinereaL came on I had a strong urge to draw. 3 might be my favourite.

1 and 4 are also favs tho.

I've not spent enough time with 5 to say one way or the other. freulaeux is the one that spoke the most to me of those, but I've only listened to 5 two, maybe three times.

and while I've listened to it a fair amount, 2 is the one I haven't become very attached to yet. elyc6 0nset has grown on me tho, initially it wasn't doing much for my ears.

I mean the beat is busier and the melody less immediately accessible obviously, but there's just something about it...

E: I think it's reminding me of rotar. I might also just be crazy though

Edited by mushroom

yeah chimer has some of that slippery underwater feel from Quaristice

really enjoying feed1, thick and dense without being too abrasive

pendulu hv moda. if I'm not careful, I'll declare this my favorite ae track of the last ten years

My response to Elseq1-5's long-format, let everything breathe and tumble around is 100% yes, please. I've been walking around the city every day letting Elseq bang against architecture and coloring new streets I've never been down before, and riding the bus during peak hours with people of all shapes shuffling around in-and-out-of shifting rhythms. This is all I want right now as I explore Seattle in my first few weeks moving to a new city. my shorts are wet.

elseq

lulzsec

lelseq

without the l

the 12the letter

+

l-event

el-event

eleventh

or 12th event?

el-seq

l-seq

l-sequence

12th sequence

12th iteration in the l-system (lindenmayer system) or in a cueing system?

Edited by xox

so last night decided to take the long trek all the way through elseq. at about 1.40 AM. fueled by volcano balloons and rock oolong tea I did manage to complete the journey. I listened in the dark over my sound system. scaled the volume down to a reasonable level for possible sleeps, but they never came. I have to say the experience when listening to each part back to back is certainlly different. I cannot say that any of the tracks were out of place. The progression was just right. It was dawn by the time elseq 5 broke and I was past the point of being tired and the sun was coming through the window. I feel part 5 (the one I am least familiar with) makes more sense, and I enjoyed it even more within the context of the whole… especially after the voyage that brought me there. It felt like a reward. It was the perfect place to be for my 5 am sleep deprived head.

mesh cinereaL - this track is alive. it's like a big centipede crawling over wounded transformers and hitting them with hammers as it slithers by defecating some kind mechanical sludge all over them.

Guest totemcrackerjack

pendulu casual aka "the broom song"

That sample is actually Rob taking a rubber sweep brush to Sean's rosy butt cheeks.

i was disappointed they didn't use some better material from the live stuff, upon hearing c16 deep tread and feed1, but the whole thing has grown on me (elseq 1, especially)

listening back to the Denver recording, the opening part is absolutely phenomenal, flowing and psychedelic stuff. but it's just a shitty audience recording. acdwn2, if it's at all reminiscent of the 'opening part' of the live recordings, it lacks the fluidity that made the original (?) material so good. probably a futile observation/remark

Still found it difficult to move beyond the fully satisfying Elseq1, which from top to bottom was brilliant from first listen, diverse enough and just keeps on giving. The first four tracks on that are stellar, with curcaven a solid album track and closer to top it off. It's a fantastic release in itself.

Beyond that, I like everything I hear but haven't invested enough time in each track or side. I've barely even looked at ESQ4 & 5 yet (although my brief skips through 5 excite me).

I do cherish eastre though, spent several sessions with that track and fully on board with the runtime, which I think it fully inhabits and delivers upon as a soundscape.

Edited by Roo

I've decided that latentcall from 7;30 onwards is the best thing on this album, and possibly some of the best work they've done to date. Those pad stabs that lay this fractured background of melody that drones on for a while painting the background followed by the gradual structuring rhythm. Absolutely top notch stuff, totally fresh sounding but also so essentially Autechre sounding. Incredible. The short little bass line at 8:35 absolutely slays me.

/drunk

Edited by thehauntingsoul

^ Agreed to the nth dafuseder. After hearing latentcall 2-3 times those resounding chord stabs started earworming their way to my head. Felt like a David Lynch dream-like state, beautifully surreal - "I can see him through the wall!"

Someone made an Actress comparison earlier in the thread - 7th slip sounds to me a hell of a lot like Actress but I can't put my finger on which track. I want to say it's something from R.I.P. but it could have been Splazsh too.

The beginning of freulaeux to me sounds like a giant bird of prey flapping its wings for takeoff. Gives me the chills every time.

You are probably thinking of "Let's Fly" from Splazsh. The synths sound similar, but the melodies and songs overall I would say are very different.

Nope that's not it. I actually think there are 2 different Actress tracks it reminds me of, one for the main chord and the other for that weird granular chorus. The extreme side chaining also reminds me of Actress in general.