IGNORED

elseq 1-5

auxien

is freulaeux new M62?

VH0lXJ.gif

rob to self: "don't acknowledge sean picking his nose. keep it cool rob. just play it cool. do not break stern facials. pretend nothing is happening. god, i hope he doesn't pick his nose before he mucks up the juno 106 keys tonight. that's it, i'm gonna insist i do all the pads just in case. he can bang about on the r8. fucking sean man. i wonder if richard devine is hiring. that guys got loads of cash and i'm pretty good at piano roll. god sean's gonna get snot stuck in the r8 pads and we're not even going to be able to do our signature percussion rolls using the slider to make them faster/slower. i cannot believe he's straight picking his nose on fucking camera. man, women are never going to want to hook up. they're gonna think sean's my little brother and hook up with him bc he's so advanced...for a fucking nose picking 12 year old. fml. i can't wait until computer technology advances so we can just spit out entire records with the click of a button bc we do not make enough for me to buy a life supply go wipes to clean up all our gear after sean snots all over it. i'm fucking high mate."

is freulaeux new M62?

VH0lXJ.gif

rob to self: "don't acknowledge sean picking his nose. keep it cool rob. just play it cool. do not break stern facials. pretend nothing is happening. god, i hope he doesn't pick his nose before he mucks up the juno 106 keys tonight. that's it, i'm gonna insist i do all the pads just in case. he can bang about on the r8. fucking sean man. i wonder if richard devine is hiring. that guys got loads of cash and i'm pretty good at piano roll. god sean's gonna get snot stuck in the r8 pads and we're not even going to be able to do our signature percussion rolls using the slider to make them faster/slower. i cannot believe he's straight picking his nose on fucking camera. man, women are never going to want to hook up. they're gonna think sean's my little brother and hook up with him bc he's so advanced...for a fucking nose picking 12 year old. fml. i can't wait until computer technology advances so we can just spit out entire records with the click of a button bc we do not make enough for me to buy a life supply go wipes to clean up all our gear after sean snots all over it. i'm fucking high mate."

Instant Alcofribas Classic™!

Listened to all of them all back to back on a long trip to London and my first impression is there's some absolute gold in there (just over a regular albums worth) but I can't help feel that a lot of it sounds a little overstretched or underdeveloped in places like what would otherwise be outtakes thrown in for good measure and maybe not the calibre of material I'll be returning to in a hurry. Ok AE's outtakes are still pretty awesome but I cant help get a sour taste after forking out a whopping £42 tbh. Of course I gave it the benefit of the doubt being AE but against what we paid for the live sets I'll be doubting paying that kind of price again especially just for a download. Move of Ten I got the digipack CD, 24bit, Flacs and Mp3 for the same price as a regular album.

£42? (Sean pls)

Edited by soundwave

Dunno I feel this works really, really well.. The slow or nonexistent progressions, or overly stretched tracks or segments just take a bit of listener adjustment.. going back to previous releases they can now sound kind of compacted or hyperactive imo... so funny.

I mean there are some artists who take the non-changing long form and it pans out nicely, necks, bohren & der club of gore, gas, etc.. actually a lot of minimal stuff... we're just not really used to ae doing this etc

Edited by Guest

Guys, I just figured it out. This is their Earth (the band, not the planet you fucking hippies) period.

Earth albums often revolve around one new instrument or idea, and this set of EPs (yeah I'm calling them that until Sean pops in to say I'm wrong) is seemingly all made on one basic set of software (the AE_LIVE Max/whatever setup), so that counts....and then the songs are mostly long and slightly changing jam-style stuff that is often pretty but often dark/melancholy.

Okay I'm mostly joking but the comparison struck me as slightly relevant.

Also, chimer 1-5-1 is weird time-sig wise. It's in 5/4, but then the measures change up it seems. Haven't studied it more. Not a bad track but a bit too reminiscent of nodezsh or runrepik (neither of which I'm too keen on) for me. elyc6 0nset is just ridiculous. Starts out good but just too wanky for me to enjoy the entire run time, at least the 3-4 times I've heard it. c7b2, however, is badass. Not entirely new ground for them, but it's a solid and fun and interesting track.

First listen to elyc6 and I like it, this could be a top 5 contender. As I said earlier Autechre are on absolute bloody fire with the music they're making atm. Would love to know what kit they're using. It sounds computery.

First listen to elyc6 and I like it, this could be a top 5 contender. As I said earlier Autechre are on absolute bloody fire with the music they're making atm. Would love to know what kit they're using. It sounds computery.

mayb it's a computer

I like autechre tracks that are longer and more jammy than the cut down 3-5 minute tracks. I prefer the quaristice companion releases to the actual album.

I like autechre tracks that are longer and more jammy than the cut down 3-5 minute tracks. I prefer the quaristice companion releases to the actual album.

Agreed, everything they've done since Exai has been bliss for me.

4+ hours of meditative hiphop ramblings, I'm going to have a boner for weeks