hi, been a few weeks or more. are we on the new board software yet ? i noticed that i can't see drop down menus or spoiler tags anymore. Is this a common issue or just little ole me ? I thought i might need to change the theme but that just threw me back up to the top of the page.

No, hardly - I haven't even had time to complete setting up the beta site!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi, been a few weeks or more. are we on the new board software yet ? i noticed that i can't see drop down menus or spoiler tags anymore. Is this a common issue or just little ole me ? I thought i might need to change the theme but that just threw me back up to the top of the page.

By the way Joyrex do you want to do some kind of "open beta" website where we could try the new software for a bit and give some feedback (maybe) or do you plan on upgrading the platform as soon as you feel it's ready ? (both options sound good to my ears, I can't wait to see what the new WATMM will look like !)

Must just be my ability to find bugs and flaws in technological systems acting up like a bung knee then. It's been running fine since.

By the way Joyrex do you want to do some kind of "open beta" website where we could try the new software for a bit and give some feedback (maybe) or do you plan on upgrading the platform as soon as you feel it's ready ? (both options sound good to my ears, I can't wait to see what the new WATMM will look like !)

I would like to - I've been so busy at work I haven't had any free time to get the beta site going beyond copying the scripts and database. I need to get the subdomain set up, then run the upgrade scripts and see what happens. Depending on how well (or not) that goes, then once things are tweaked to a point I feel they are where we are now feature-wise, then I would consider getting folks to log in and try things out.

Part of this whole endeavour will be evaluating what addons we need (to keep existing expected functionality) and what new addons would bring to the site. That's the other part of this too - it's not just the forum, but the entire site that's getting an upgrade, and as far as the site part is concerned... an actual site!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new chat thing is gonna be pretty cool if I remember JR correctly from earlier in this thread. Dunno if it'll address your questions, but nonetheless...also, about to PM you MGF.

recruit italians. seriously, i've been here for over 25 years and i cant remember a single italian watmmer nor italian style thread. there's an obvious blind spot in your marketing coverage of italy jr.

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on the previous pages, but a section or sidebar on the site for linking to, if not hosting, all the WATMM-related compilations would be a great way to showcase the talent we have here and aggregate all the wonderful work that has been produced by users over the years!

recruit italians. seriously, i've been here for over 25 years and i cant remember a single italian watmmer nor italian style thread. there's an obvious blind spot in your marketing coverage of italy jr.

woofer polls?

a. yay! woofter in the pool!!

b. wait what zilty?

c. dunnnoooooooo

Gwatzeeeeee. Gwatzeeee. Gwatzeeee.

is it possible to make it less obvious when a post has been edited? 90% of the time i'm just going back to fix a typo and don't want to be publicly shamed for being a dingus :cry:

it could even just be a little red dot that appears in the top right corner.

Not quite sure what you mean...
at the moment whenever you edit a post you get a big fat "THIS USER EDITED THIS POST CAUSE HE CAN'T SPELL FOR SHIT" message
yup, this
One solution you could consider is to have a 5-10 minute window where posts can be edited for typos etc. without leaving a trace, but still flag posts as edited when users go back and change their posts later (sometimes much later for the user classes without time restrictions), i.e., the kind of scenario where the changes might be significant.
There are also several forums where you can leave a small text to explain why you had to edit your post and it's displayed right after the "edited post" thing.
or just ducking edit all of your posts jeez

edit: how abut having an edit history? (regarding an earlier post about having unlimited edit time)

edit2: how's the new site progresing? just cached up on this thread, a lot of exiting changes!!

MAKE NIPPLES LEGAL

Nipples are not a crime... posting images of nipples though is not allowed here, for obvious reasons.

can we make it so basic accounts can edit posts even if it's only the original post in a thread? if i post a thread about some software / max stuff i'm working on or making a thread collecting links for production resources i'd want to be able to edit the original post every now and then to post updates or add links to a list. so i guess my point is, some threads use the original post as a resource of sorts and if this changes over the time it would be helpful to get any updates from that original post instead of scrolling through the thread to see what has been changed.

does this make sense? i understand that you want to make full editing potential an incentive for contributing more to watmm. see what you think.

other things i can think of that have probably already been mentioned so i apologise:

- direct image embedding in chatmm, with options for spoiler tags or an nsfw mode

- same with youtubes and soundcloud, even if it's just a tiny preview window like on facebook. i'm imagining both image and video would work like facebook messenger in terms of having a small preview that you can click on to link to the bigger / proper version

- possibly some way to reply to individual messages in chatmm, even just with a little hyperlink thing in the new message (could be a blue arrow that you click and it jumps to the message?). mainly useful for when chatmm is busy as heck.

Members Plus has a 5-minute edit time if I remember correctly. My contention is if you care enough to post something that you'd want to update in future, you can do your part to support the site. I don't think there is a "edit first post only" feature (or an addon), but if there is I'll consider it.

Hey! I'm almost half Italian... (33%)

Not sure if this has already been mentioned on the previous pages, but a section or sidebar on the site for linking to, if not hosting, all the WATMM-related compilations would be a great way to showcase the talent we have here and aggregate all the wonderful work that has been produced by users over the years!

Better - there will be a dedicated portion of the site for this stuff, and will get exposure in other places than just the forum sidebar.

i think manmower has the right idea!

Like I said - I think Members Plus has a limited editing time... but we can revisit this.

Development Update: Right now, I am trying to get WATMM on SSL, and once I get that sorted, the dev site will be ready and the real fun will begin.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to join the discord thing but I have no idea how this works... How do I get permission to talk in the channel and see the chat? It looks like I'm there... but not?

• 2 weeks later...

Until the new forum software (and potentially a plugin that auto-approves Discord access), we have to manually approve accounts. Having your Discord account name match your WATMM name goes a LONG way in getting approved quickly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would love a MySpace style profile customization

Glitter fonts, background images and that thing that makes a song start playing automatically but the player is hidden so you can't pause or mute

Archived