IGNORED

the watmm GAS thread

modey

you would need tiny needle fingers to actually play that Pico box. 3 hp modules are pretty slender, and sticking any stackables in there and making a complex patch would have the thing overflowing with cables in no time. better to just buy a slightly larger skiff and mix and match with a few other slightly larger modules i would think. 

Good point, I already feel that way about Eurorack as it is. I want modern Eurorack functionality in a big, 500 series 1/4" monstrosity.

This will definitely be an issue even though there is a "knob side" and a "plug side", so that you never actually have to reach into a cable forest to twiddle anything.

I'm the opposite tbh. I want a full bastl kastle scale modular. I don't care if the connections are dodgy lol

Edited by modey

Its been fun trying to order a Digitone. I ordered mine on the 26th (the day after the announcement) and I was 239th in line and apparently there is a ton behind me. Last I was quoted was April :(

Its been fun trying to order a Digitone. I ordered mine on the 26th (the day after the announcement) and I was 239th in line and apparently there is a ton behind me. Last I was quoted was April :(

I'm gonna wait until they're in stores. I was considering preordeing through my local store, but after my monomachine ordeals I never want to do that again..

It just took a very long time to get to me (nearly four months); it was incredibly frustrating especially as the store I ordered it from initially said only a month. I also made a fool of myself by regularly calling and/or going into the store and asking where it was.

I'm not ready to subject myself to that kind of psychological turmoil again lol

Edited by modey

god damn the digitone looks awesome and I love the small form. I would get one but I already feel like I need to make better use of my beloved A4 first. When I get sick of how it sounds I might make a trade for one.

Saw this earlier and it sounds pretty decent here. Still not keen on the drum sounds for the most part, personally, but the artist is making them work. The distortion/whatever is a bit trashy imo too, but again that's more of a taste thing than 'it's objectively bad.'

Yeah. Good demo. Just sold my digitakt tho. Don't think I'll be getting another elektron for a while...can't stand all the sound locking that is required to make something like this.

Octatrack is still the best box they've made. I only sold mine because I was in debt at the time.

Finally pulled the trigger on a second hand octatrack mk1, now in the post.

I've had a year or two with the rytm and despite its flaws it's still the single most interesting bit of hardware I've got. I fully expect to spend the next two weeks banging my head on the table working out file structures and the like though...

I haven't started making my own sounds on it yet, but the Digitone definitely sounds thicker, perhaps higher quality? Might just be the presets, but I am very impressed with the sound.

The ctrl all feature is waaaay more useful than I expected as well, completely mutilates the sound.

I did hear some pops and clicks though, not enough to be a dealbreaker but I'm confident that elektron can fix it.

What is this- a modular for-- ...oh, yes.  Yes, it is.

:catbed:

I am liking this new trend of semi-modulars.

What is this- a modular for an'...-- oh, yes...  Yes, it is.

Yah, man.  We totally have the technology to make massive modular setups that fit in the palm of our hands.  Patch cables looking like threaded needles, with knobs that you have to turn with screwdrivers for glasses.

Yeah. Good demo. Just sold my digitakt tho. Don't think I'll be getting another elektron for a while...can't stand all the sound locking that is required to make something like this.

Octatrack is still the best box they've made. I only sold mine because I was in debt at the time.

Yeah the locking is honestly kind of a pain in the ass even though it's probably the best paradigm going for this, at least that I'm aware of.

I really like the pads in that demo, though. And that feature where you can wait to apply transpose instead of it happening right away and ruining your jam is pretty cool for whipping up progressions on the fly. 

I haven't started making my own sounds on it yet, but the Digitone definitely sounds thicker, perhaps higher quality? Might just be the presets, but I am very impressed with the sound.

The ctrl all feature is waaaay more useful than I expected as well, completely mutilates the sound.

I did hear some pops and clicks though, not enough to be a dealbreaker but I'm confident that elektron can fix it.

that thin quality is what makes the monomachine fit into mixes so well.