IGNORED

AFX at Primavera 2017

Lada Laika

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No 12" at this one

Was a bit of a funny set, quite disjointed - lots of dubstep, a bit stop-starty in terms of tone and pacing for the first half. Second half was pretty good, Emotinium - Roy Of The Ravers played and some cool unreleased Tuss thing

Camera guys are still doing the usual filming the audience trick, some wicked slo-mo editing going on

Shame.

I'm not too hopeful for tomorrow. Seen him a few times and it's been absolutely terrible (he got booed and stuff thrown at him) and on other occasions really great.

Just wish he'd do a full-on set/gig romping through his own material some day.

Yeah I avoided the DFN mostly, we didn't even stay for all of it as it was so offputting but in first 40 minutes I didn't recognise anything. It's not even experimental nature I have a problem with, it's the disjointedness.

Interested to hear some alternative opinions on it, but we were in a really good mood going in and it's a big disappointment. Slayer were deadly at least!

I do not know what everybody is talking about. I was at the show and had an absolute blast! My face still hurts from smiling. I thought the tracks he played were incredible!

I straight up do not understand how anyone could hear that DFN set and not love it, let alone be there and walk away. It has a very logical progression of choons to it. And it just keeps getting better and better.

I was there for DFN in the sound system sweet spot and it was tremendous. Only weird track that didn't really flow was that weird kick drum / slap bass sound track that sounded like a loose ground wire. But that's just like my opinion man.

that sounds soo good

Cool. I have a release on that label! Unfortunately my shit isn't as good as that :D

Archived