IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I know the estimated shipping date for the physicals from the bleepstore got brought forward to the 20th, but I found some distro-related copy on my travels that points to a 6th July release:

aut-nts01fes5x.png

aut-nts02x4sok.png

:shrug:

Maybe the discrepency is shipping from distro to Bleep/Warp/etc.? Give it a week to safely ship, process the orders and start sending them to customaers by the 20th? 

File: Dance

:braindance:  :braindance:  :braindance: 

Maybe the discrepency is shipping from distro to Bleep/Warp/etc.? Give it a week to safely ship, process the orders and start sending them to customaers by the 20th? 

File: Dance

:braindance:  :braindance:  :braindance:

Oh right, like the 'release date' is for the copies being sent out to stores for them to stash away til consumer release?

Perhaps? I was thinking that release date may have more to do with the production or distribution internal projection for completion of the project, not when customers expect it in their hands. 

It should be noted that I've never looked at an internal document like that so I'm totally just speculating wildly. No clue how the back end of all that works. If we get the NTS stuff a couple weeks earlier than expected, kewl, if not, also kewl  :happy:

9 chr0 has such a great instrument. one of the great things about autechre is that they make their own instruments and this one really stands out.

Edited by very honest

We had this discussion about tracks that outstay their welcome a while back. This one is a prime example of that. Nearly 16 minutes? Give it a rest bruv.

You mean same/similar to each other? If so I completely disagree.

l3 ctrl definitely does but at least it seems to have forward momentum. 9 chr0 is just directionless. After a few minutes I get it, but once I've got it I don't want it anymore. I wish the skip button on my mp3 player worked.

9 chr0 is sick. I love it.

=P

I don't care if it "lacks direction"... The world it creates in my head is awesome, and I'm happy to stay there for the whole 15 minutes.

=D

Keep drinking Hk47

Ha... You all know I will.

=P

Maybe I'm noticing something, now obvious, but I have to admit that only now I realized that Shimripl Casual appears - almost entirely - in aeonesix:

take for example Helsinki, around 13

Edited by AE35unit

Maybe I'm noticing something, now obvious, but I have to admit that only now I realized that Shimripl Casual appears - almost entirely - in aeonesix:

love that track. wish they'd give us (SELL IT TO ME PLEASE) the soundboards of that set.. fuck it's good. 

Ya it was mentioned by myself and others hundreds of pages back

rolling stone mid year round up? 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/50-best-albums-of-2018-so-far-w520424/autechre-nts-sessions-1-4-w521112

Autechre, 'NTS Sessions 1-4'
These forward-thinking veterans of electronic music are starting to feel like the world's most cerebral jam band. Their NTS Radio series – compiling nearly 8 hours(!) of music on a 8-CD or 12-LP set – showcase their recent move towards longform pieces that still contain their trademark brain-boggle: seemingly inhuman sounds, melodies and rhythms built through programming code. It's up for debate exactly what is live, composed, improvised or artificial intelligence run amok, but it's a diverse set that covers a lot of ground: heavy squelches, electro with the lurching gait of a twisted ankle, tippy-tappy excursions into vintage IDM drum skitter and "All End," a 58-minute spaceship glint-scape like a stretched and throbbing update of the Solaris soundtrack. C.W.