IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

sinistrail still happens to be my most played song from the sessions (30 listens).

I want an hour long extended version of the last 12 seconds of sinistrail. Y'all know which 12 seconds I mean  :catbed:

200w_d.gif

Edited by jaderpansen

For the record, the ending of sinis was always my least favourite bit, feels like a cop-out quick finish/segue. You can't have sinis without the microgonk skitter.

Edited by Roo

four of seven gets better every time. I already liked it but now I *really* like it. weird

It's an odd one, the last two-and-a-half minutes are one of my favourite bits of the whole sessions but the first 10 minutes do nothing for me.

4 of 7 (all of it) rules, really ties the room together, where room = 2nd half of NTS 1. Can't quite put a finger on it but I get some are some serious gescom feels when it kicks in.

Some trax like l3 ctrl pulled me right in on the first listen, but four of seven is growing on me. My only complaint is that elongated ring-modulated water drop sound hits too frequently, like every second step. I like fLh too, it's like the percussion from NIN - Closer and the music from the original System Shock merged together (both from 1994).

my ultimate list has no gonks

rude

four of seven gets better every time. I already liked it but now I *really* like it. weird

It's an odd one, the last two-and-a-half minutes are one of my favourite bits of the whole sessions but the first 10 minutes do nothing for me.

It has something that I really like in music: it pulls me in with repetition/gradual changes and doesn't let go. (Swans gets to me in a similar way, bring the sun, she loves us, mother of the world, etc) On top of that it sound more mysterious and less like something I can understand, if that makes sense, as it progresses. That's what gets me. Feels good to put it into words!

I didn't understand most of the talk you guys had about sinistrailAB air last few seconds being amazing and out of this world but after going back to NTS vol. 2 I have to say that track is indeed way too underrated !

Autechre - all end

An evening stroll in Tokyo. One shot.

1080@60

Download - MEGA (5.69GB)

Downloading. Finally. Thank you very much, Sonja Nervandon  :catfallen:

Edited by Guest

I wish they would expand that effect in xflood to "all end" lengths. That kind of 1/64 staccato sample thing most prominent at 07:30. I mean, after all end, what is holding anybody back to do shit like this. Put some permanent and slightly modulated weird stuff up front and do things in the background. Everything is allowed. If you are Ae ;)

Edited by Guest

Anyone else wondering if Gonk Steady One was Saeed and Raab channeling Hieroglyphic Being?

I think this is the the right track but I can't actually listen to these at work so fingers crossed here is the one I'm thinking of

About time they release the obligatory accompanying EP, another 2 hours with gonks and dummy casual pt1 would be sweet. But seriously, NTS gets better each listen and just eats time somehow.

What if NTS Sessions consisted only of these tracks:

1. carefree counter dronal

2. 32a_reflected

3. sinistrailAB air

4. wetgelis casual interval

5. peal MA

6. turbile epic casual, stpl idle

7. acid mwan idle

8. g 1 e 1

9. shimripl air

10. frane casual

11. mirrage

12. all end

or if it was just this:

1. bqbqbq

2. fLh

food for thought  :cisfor:

What if NTS Sessions consisted only of these tracks:

1. carefree counter dronal

2. 32a_reflected

3. sinistrailAB air

4. wetgelis casual interval

5. peal MA

6. turbile epic casual, stpl idle

7. acid mwan idle

8. g 1 e 1

9. shimripl air

10. frane casual

11. mirrage

12. all end

or if it was just this:

1. bqbqbq

2. fLh

food for thought :cisfor:

Devastating indictment lol

I've just been messing around with various configurations of the tracks and the ambient themed configuration had me wondering what it would be like if they only released those tracks and how I would feel about it.

I reckon it would be something along the lines of, 'wow these old geezers are still not giving a fuck and just doing whatever they want but man are they ever old geezers now.' I am also old geezer.