IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

I feel like NTS was less daunting than elseq despite being twice as long. while both came out of nowhere, elseq was just a giant lump of madness and it was all at once. NTS being in those 2 hour chunks plus the sense of community all listening at the same time for the first time made it extra awesome. It is still early on but it really may be my fave ae yet if I am being totally honest. 

thanks for posting that interview!  they seem so removed from any kind of scene but also closer to what they do as 'inquisitive' people. it's great they've been able to remain in their own creative headspace and do what they do. 

"not even a musician." 

can this be added to 11th most IDM? 

someone should start an AAA 1.5 thread where people can post questions in hopes that one day s&b will decide to start answering some

That's a pretty good idea actually, just to have a repository of shit people wanted to know (whether or not it would ever get answered).

^ or we could pay them 1 euro per question, 50 cents for naming gear

lol would work 

someone should start an AAA 1.5 thread where people can post questions in hopes that one day s&b will decide to start answering some

That's a pretty good idea actually, just to have a repository of shit people wanted to know (whether or not it would ever get answered).

I had this thread of regret back in 2016, definitely didn't think of questions that I'd actually wanted to know the answers too - I got starstruck and typed for the sake of typing: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/90626-what-you-shouldve-asked-in-aaa/

six of eight (midst) is so immensely beautiful in the second half.

Oh yeah

AE AMA II SEAN PLS

Edited by Guest

shimripl casual is just sublime. It's pretty much exactly the direction I was hoping they'd go in in terms of beatless stuff. It all sounds so natural and fluid, but completely alien. Beautiful, scary, kinda melancholic, just straight away puts me in such a specific place every time I listen. So glad they let this one run on as well, would've loved an hour of it continually morphing but i'll take 25 mins.

Also I absolutely loved the fft soup with tumbling beats bit that lead into what was turned into shrimp casual from the onesix tour. Hoping that'll pop up in a release at some point. 

agree for shimripl casual... can it have some genes in common with String Of Pearl remix? The supporting notes of the melody (on the high tones) seem similar to me, even if in the case of Shimripl it's distant, made ambiguous by the sidereal reverb..

six of eight (midst) is so immensely beautiful in the second half.

Oh yeah

AE AMA II SEAN PLS

shimripl casual is just sublime. It's pretty much exactly the direction I was hoping they'd go in in terms of beatless stuff. It all sounds so natural and fluid, but completely alien. Beautiful, scary, kinda melancholic, just straight away puts me in such a specific place every time I listen. So glad they let this one run on as well, would've loved an hour of it continually morphing but i'll take 25 mins.

Also I absolutely loved the fft soup with tumbling beats bit that lead into what was turned into shrimp casual from the onesix tour. Hoping that'll pop up in a release at some point. 

I had this thread of regret back in 2016, definitely didn't think of questions that I'd actually wanted to know the answers too - I got starstruck and typed for the sake of typing: https://forum.watmm.com/topic/90626-what-you-shouldve-asked-in-aaa/

oh, nice. i get ideas for questions from time to time. i will try to bump it. i'd like to think that if there are a ton of good questions then autechre will pop in one day

I realised I had absolutely no interesting questions to ask when AAA was on. I think I asked some dumb question about the Skeng remix.

though I did post this and Rob listened and commented on it lol (not my creation):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd2hlRP_5g

Edited by usagi

Only a few weeks now then. I still haven't heard a second of this. I might have to set aside an entire day when it comes.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Autechre - NTS Sessions. We are writing to inform you that your order is now due to dispatch from our warehouse on the week of the 30th of July. You will receive a dispatch notification when it ships.

If you have any queries about your order contact us at support@bleepstores.com.

Best wishes,

Bleep Stores Support
Edited by purlieu

Imagine them 'performing' all end live.. Would people be asking for their money back or just proclaiming it's genius because it's ae?

Imagine them 'performing' all end live.. Would people be asking for their money back or just proclaiming it's genius because it's ae?

I would be beyond disappointed. I’ve only gotten through maybe 5 or 10 minutes of All End before it wears out its welcome. It’s not for me, I guess...

I realised I had absolutely no interesting questions to ask when AAA was on. I think I asked some dumb question about the Skeng remix.

though I did post this and Rob listened and commented on it lol (not my creation):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gd2hlRP_5g

lol @ that track

and ace press photo, as usual.  symmetry - non - symmetry