IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

Mine is flawless. I'm just pointing out people have a reason to be angry. It's a very expensive item (relative to earnings more expensive for some than others).

Not shipping a perfect item at this price point is a rlly shitty thing for warp/blerp to do. For many this was probably their disposable income for a month or more. I find it lacking of compassion that you would tell people to suck it up but you can complain about it being delivered a day or two late. 

Anyway, no need to derail the thread more. I'm done.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Mine is flawless. I'm just pointing out people have a reason to be angry. It's a very expensive item (relative to earnings more expensive for some than others).

Not shipping a perfect item at this price point is a rlly shitty thing for warp/blerp to do. For many this was probably their disposable income for a month or more.

1. Show me your flawless copy then. Like I said, I'm waiting.

2. It is 12 LP records. Which equates to £10 per record, which is an average price for a single LP album. Times twelve. Did these people who ordered not know what they were buying?

3. People clutching at crumbs because they spunked their months wages on Autechre records that they don't even like (or realised what they were buying in the first place) have higher priorities than worrying about whether cardboard is slightly bent, as cardboard tends to do...

Curious if it was mastered a lot differently for the wax release. Not sure why you'd want to listen to a 100% digitally produced ae sesh on wax that you have to go and turn around every now and then, this is play and zone out stuff for me personally. Not shitting on vinyl at all, just slightly confused.

It's a fetish. And a ritual. It's hard to explain, you either get it or you don't. Don't worry you are not necessarily missing out on anything. It's an artefact of something digitally made pressed on a medium that doesn't require electricity to produce sound (but it fucking helps). We'll be jammin' dem NTS sessions in the future post-apocalyptic world, ya know?

Fucking tDR. Should've stipulated that the box was made of carbon reinforced steel.

*whines for days about his shipment being late (temporary problem)

*snarks to others pointing out the shoddiness of the actual physical product (permanent problem)

:cisfor:

I complained because (reasonable) expectations that were set by Bleep were not met. This includes notifying what appears to be the entire UK order-base that their delivery would take place on Monday, when in fact DPD hadn't come to collect the packages. Bleep could've sent another email to say sorry that DPD let them down, and that the shipment notification was no longer correct.

Anyone expecting cardboard to stay rigidly straight during the 2018 UK summer, and under the weight of 12 vinyls, is expecting too much.

Warped records are not acceptable, there's been multiple instances of this I've read of here and elsewhere. Warped cases for the records or CDs is pretty weak: you cannot tell me that tDR sat down and said 'yeah, okay, we'll do cardboard cases that'll probably bend for at least half of the people who receive them' like that was normal or the intended result. Is it possible and did they weigh that possibility versus cost for reinforced steel? Sure, I bet they did, of course. But the end result (where the production is so meh that even the CD cases are bent, this has nothing to do with vast weight of vinyls) is in no way 'expected' as you put it. 

The cost for what you get is pretty fine by me, I'm not a collector snob who puts things on shelves and stares at them and photographs them to show to other collectors to wank to. I appreciate something well-designed, sure, but my CDs are going to be used and scratched up and the cases will get dirty, I'm not stressing for me, the CD case being a bit wonky and looking cheap, whatever, I only bought it 'cause it was $10 or so more than the just digitals so why not. Just the juxtaposition of whine vs whine as to what's acceptable to some (you, osc) is pretty silly.

Curious if it was mastered a lot differently for the wax release. Not sure why you'd want to listen to a 100% digitally produced ae sesh on wax that you have to go and turn around every now and then, this is play and zone out stuff for me personally. Not shitting on vinyl at all, just slightly confused.

It's a fetish. And a ritual. It's hard to explain, you either get it or you don't. Don't worry you are not necessarily missing out on anything. It's an artefact of something digitally made pressed on a medium that doesn't require electricity to produce sound (but it fucking helps). We'll be jammin' dem NTS sessions in the future post-apocalyptic world, ya know?

I find with vinyl I'm much more likely to listen to a full release rather than skip tracks or anything like that. 

Like you said, it's a ritual - you put on the vinyl, sit back, listen to the release the way it was intended to be listened to etc. 

Edit: I may actually appreciate this NTS release when I get a chance to listen through on vinyl (currently it does absolutely nothing for me, throwaway tracks). 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Fucking tDR. Should've stipulated that the box was made of carbon reinforced steel.

*whines for days about his shipment being late (temporary problem)

*snarks to others pointing out the shoddiness of the actual physical product (permanent problem)

:cisfor:

I complained because (reasonable) expectations that were set by Bleep were not met. This includes notifying what appears to be the entire UK order-base that their delivery would take place on Monday, when in fact DPD hadn't come to collect the packages. Bleep could've sent another email to say sorry that DPD let them down, and that the shipment notification was no longer correct.

Anyone expecting cardboard to stay rigidly straight during the 2018 UK summer, and under the weight of 12 vinyls, is expecting too much.

Warped records are not acceptable, there's been multiple instances of this I've read of here and elsewhere. Warped cases for the records or CDs is pretty weak: you cannot tell me that tDR sat down and said 'yeah, okay, we'll do cardboard cases that'll probably bend for at least half of the people who receive them' like that was normal or the intended result. Is it possible and did they weigh that possibility versus cost for reinforced steel? Sure, I bet they did, of course. But the end result (where the production is so meh that even the CD cases are bent, this has nothing to do with vast weight of vinyls) is in no way 'expected' as you put it. 

The cost for what you get is pretty fine by me, I'm not a collector snob who puts things on shelves and stares at them and photographs them to show to other collectors to wank to. I appreciate something well-designed, sure, but my CDs are going to be used and scratched up and the cases will get dirty, I'm not stressing for me, the CD case being a bit wonky and looking cheap, whatever, I only bought it 'cause it was $10 or so more than the just digitals so why not. Just the juxtaposition of whine vs whine as to what's acceptable to some (you, osc) is pretty silly.

Warped records, if it's that bad that it's legitimately affecting playback — I absolutely agree that should be rectified. Notice that my comments so far have been about cardboard.

Again, my whining was due to Bleep breaking two set expectations. They stated things would happen, and then said things did not happen.

Your whining is based on nothing stated by Bleep, or Warp, or Autechre, or tDR. I could understand complaining about the cardboard if it had gashes ripped in it because it was dropped. But what most people seem to be complaining about is what could arguably be deemed "natural rest state" for cardboard.

I will concede that the shipped configuration leaving the inner box "open-edge" to the right of the box has made the bending worse, due to tension from the cellophane. But that's not something I would personally complain about because I'm not that pedantic.

I do love how this has made us all sperge over cardboard, what it means to whine on watmm in 2018, and whether we should've bought the box set in the first place considering we didn't even like NTS Sessions (last one for stevieg :^)

dawgpfiky.png

I've checked 'all end' on cd8... it begins with a 20 sec long fade in...

'shimripl casual' has a different ending on cd7 as in the broadcast/file: it isn't mixed into 'all end' but ends with lonely chimes slowly fading out.

There could be another differences too...

Edited by Chabraendeky

dawgpfiky.png

My man.

A bit disappointed that All End wasn't split across 3 discs, as there is no way to continuously listen to the whole track, you have to stop and turn a record over. They missed a trick there.

Hey man, play all end part 2, mix in the end of splesh or bladelores, flip to part 3.

Anyway, the box I have is in a perfect condition (is there even such thing as 'perfect'?). The discs are warped nevertheless. But I couldn't care less because it doesn't affect the playback in any way for me. It sounds great but that's pretty much the standard for AE vinyl. They always have the best sounding stuff. No surface noise whatsoever. Clicks and pops are almost nonexistent. This is an excellent pressing but I'm yet to hear a bad sounding Autechre-related vinyl so I don't find it surprising anymore.

'shimripl casual' has a different ending on cd7 as in the broadcast/file: it isn't mixed into 'all end' but ends with lonely chimes slowly fading out.

Interesting. I haven't put on the CDs at all yet, curious to see what other (slight) changes there are. Listened hard enough to tell any mastering difference to the digitals yet? Doubt it's much different anyway (possible that Summerville mastered the digitals as well and it just wasn't credited on the site), but still...

Edited by auxien

Interesting. I haven't put on the CDs at all yet, curious to see what other (slight) changes there are. Listened hard enough to tell any mastering difference to the digitals yet? Doubt it's much different anyway (possible that Summerville mastered the digitals as well and it just wasn't credited on the site), but still...
Can't really decide. It's the first time I've listened to Sesh 1 on speakers.

But the synth pads in t1a1 and bqbqbq seemed a bit more quiet and more 'backgroundy' as I've felt them in the files (on headphones). But it could be only because of the speakers, I don't really know.

Majority of folks who buy vinyl these days don't even have anything to play it on, which is why this new wave of vinyl fetishism by the masses continues to leave me perplexed.

Not sure that it's the majority but that kind of people surely exists. I personally don't care who buys what and for what reason. Nobody gets hurt in the process (well, there's some environmental impact when it comes to vinyl for sure, but still). I'm all for just letting people enjoy things.

Majority of folks who buy vinyl these days don't even have anything to play it on, which is why this new wave of vinyl fetishism by the masses continues to leave me perplexed.

I'm more perplexed by the people who buy the vinyl, after already hearing the broadcasts and deeming them to be bad.

But yeah, that is a close second.

They should start doing mockups of cardboard products (like NTS cases) with Official Cardboard Curve {tm} as a selling feature. Just looked at the ae bleepstore site and the mockups there sure are fucking straight as a goddamned laser. Would've sold more if they emphasized the sexy curves of the Organic Natural production materials.