IGNORED

Autechre. NTS Residency. (_O_)

Stock

ok, I can't find it in the book Culture and Value right now which is where the quote comes from, but it goes something like "Music came to a full stop with Brahms, and even in him I can hear the whir of machinery...."

it's a striking enough thought to consider what is the difference between him and the composers that came after. I'm not musically or aesthetically inclined for the task though unfortunately. or maybe I am and I just don't want to put in the effort. but I don't think the notion should be dismissed out of hand.

It's just ridiculous. Why Brahms?

Liszt, Berlioz, Wagner - both older than him. Bruckner - the same age.

And all of them more progressive.

Brahms is a conservative lukewarm little shit.

Okay, I confess: I don't like him. Boring as hell. Maybe the 3 violin sonatas. They are like pinky children dollhouse music. Charming but weightless.

ok, what's happening in this thread

"bqbqbq > nineFly"

- jader pansen

That's not true. bqbqbq is 11'15" and nineFly is 23'20".

23'20">11'15"

Ha... I've been watching a lot of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver lately...

This totally fits in with the few clips I watched today.

=P

ninefly is not 23 minutes long

Wtf does John Oliver have to do with any of this

What's the philosophy hour chat going on

Who has beer and is not sharing

Why has no one created an infographic showing the changes in track lengths from digital vs CD vs vinyl

Why are there no NTS art t-shirts goddamn it

Okay so really:

Has anyone with a good CD player checked to see if there's any before-track-1 hidden goodies?

Carry on I'm just joking around mostly everyone

Love & light

ok, what's happening in this thread

"bqbqbq > nineFly"

- jader pansen

That's not true. bqbqbq is 11'15" and nineFly is 23'20".

23'20">11'15"

Ha... I've been watching a lot of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver lately...

This totally fits in with the few clips I watched today.

=P

ninefly is not 23 minutes long

Wtf does John Oliver have to do with any of this

What's the philosophy hour chat going on

Who has beer and is not sharing

Why has no one created an infographic showing the changes in track lengths from digital vs CD vs vinyl

Why are there no NTS art t-shirts goddamn it

Okay so really:

Has anyone with a good CD player checked to see if there's any before-track-1 hidden goodies?

Carry on I'm just joking around mostly everyone

Love & light

Nothing, sorry.

This thread has gotten WAAAAAY off track (though, after all the delivery/'where's my damn package' posts, it's not surprising)... And I just wanted to join in on the nonsense.

Aaaaand... I don't have beer. But I do have whiskey. A nice big unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101. I'd share, but none of you live in the cesspool of Indiana that I do... So... I can only hand out virtual drinks to everyone.

=P

And in other news...

bqbqbq fucking owns.

Those pads get me every fucking time.

Look at that... I have a tear already forming in the corner of my eye just thinking about 'em...

I don't have beer. But I do have whiskey. A nice big unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101.

Ha I have a bottle of Rare Breed. Opened. 101 is good stuff too tho.

I will forever associate NTS Sessions with Whisky; I was drinking scotch malt whisky the first time I listened to it in its entirety.

dlvscdru4aepjllseeyj.jpg

Not my snap as I had binned off my order for the Japanese CD edition, was a bit surplus to requirements other than being a fun curio (and no bonus track to be found). Turns out it doesn't come with a nice chunky obi strip after all, just a sticker to denote its non-domestic status. I even suspect with the placement of that sticker that it's just a rebagged copy of the domestic release anyway... so no great loss.

Not my snap as I had binned off my order for the Japanese CD edition, was a bit surplus to requirements other than being a fun curio (and no bonus track to be found). Turns out it doesn't come with a nice chunky obi strip after all, just a sticker to denote its non-domestic status. I even suspect with the placement of that sticker that it's just a rebagged copy of the domestic release anyway... so no great loss.

Very cool. I guess this breaks with the 'japanese bonus track so they will buy it domestic' thing.

I'm still trying to figure out why I didn't get excited for a physical on this release, even though I've been collecting some vinyl, and I'm still loving NTS1-4. I guess I got intimidated by that many vinyl, or maybe it's cause i rarely find time to devote to sitting and enjoying a vinyl session either alone or with friends anymore.

Very cool. I guess this breaks with the 'japanese bonus track so they will buy it domestic' thing.

It seems a bit of a push to do a limited Japanese run of an already limited release.  Suspect all will be returned to normality when the next album "4taen" is released.

Edited by fletcher

I've checked only sesh 1,2 and 4 yet, but the disc lengths all add up to 2 hours so I think there are no pregap tracks.

Sorry bro.

wasn't expecting anything but was worth asking so thanks :)

I don't have beer. But I do have whiskey. A nice big unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101.

Ha I have a bottle of Rare Breed. Opened. 101 is good stuff too tho.

I will forever associate NTS Sessions with Whisky; I was drinking scotch malt whisky the first time I listened to it in its entirety.

Not been drinking much at all lately (broke) but I imagine whisky goes very nicely with much of NTS. Pour another glass each session, go all day. :)

Aaaaand... I don't have beer. But I do have whiskey. A nice big unopened bottle of Wild Turkey 101. I'd share, but none of you live in the cesspool of Indiana that I do... So... I can only hand out virtual drinks to everyone.

=P

haha it's all good was just a bit confuzzled (happens too easily)

F*ck! You're right! NineFly is 10'04"!!!

I misread with the size in mB.

lol AE forum: we guesstimate the lengths of tracks based on their mb size  :biggrin:

sounds to me like this thread really went off the raels :dadjoke:

:tongue:

Who do you think I am, Alco?

ALCO REVIEW WHEN

An Alco review would easily be 20 GB in size and cause the server to collapse (and not in the Aphex way) :dadjoke:

Typically, Alcofribas Autechre reviews have a radius on the order of 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) and a mass between 1.4 and 2.16 solar masses.[2] They result from the supernova explosion of a collection of tracks collected and released by the electronic music group Autechre, combined with gravitational collapse, that compresses Alcofribas' words past the white dwarf star density to that of atomic nuclei. Once formed, they no longer actively generate heat, and cool over time; however, they may still evolve further through collision or accretion. Most of the basic models for these objects imply that 'Alco reviews' (as they are commonly referred) are composed almost entirely of words (subatomic particles with no net electrical charge and with slightly larger mass than sounds); the words and symbols present in normal text combine to produce sentences and sometimes paragraphs of the conditions in an Alcofribas Autechre review. Alco AE reviews are supported against further collapse by textual degeneracy pressure, a phenomenon described by the Pauli exclusion principle, just as white dwarfs are supported against collapse by electron degeneracy pressure. If the remnant review has a mass greater than about 3 solar masses, it continues collapsing to form a Tim Hecker fanfic.

Finished Session 3 on vinyl today. Again, no playback issues whatsoever. Love how off the walls this one gets. some highlights for me this time around were acid mwan idle, fLh, g 1 e 1, nineFLy (holy shit does it ripples your floors, love this one, particularily the thickest track on the wax yet), and icari.

going back to nineFly. it's like you're drowning in a huge vat of resinous cannabis honey and there is like a shimmer of light you can hear reflecting off the edges of the steel walls.